ARE SOUTHERNERS SERIOUS? VOL SNOW

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

THIS IS NUTS!!! current from waether.com

acttemp_325x220.jpg
sick.gif

acttemp_325x220.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Damn it's 50 in southern Florida--i'd consider killing the OP to have weather like that up herein NY[/color]

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Everyone here is acting like there's an inevitable rapture approaching over snow FLURRIES. I was watching the weather channel and I kid you not, my man said there's a weather emergency stay in. I drove outside and there was literally nothing on the ground.....they shut down schools for no reason.

The school I went to in Boston didn't shut down until we got at least 12 inches of snow....I've had to go to class in a blizzard.
Which school?

Everyone here is acting like there's an inevitable rapture approaching over snow FLURRIES. I was watching the weather channel and I kid you not, my man said there's a weather emergency stay in. I drove outside and there was literally nothing on the ground.....they shut down schools for no reason.

The school I went to in Boston didn't shut down until we got at least 12 inches of snow....I've had to go to class in a blizzard.

you from Boston? what school in boston you go to?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AmazingMRFox

acttemp_325x220.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Damn it's 50 in southern Florida--i'd consider killing the OP to have weather like that up here in NY[/color]
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
@ the central states

cali & florida FTW

It is great, though, if you're in school. I'm originally from the midwest, so getting out for ~2 inches of snow = win.

i feel bad for the people in north dakota.. I was there in August and it was barely reaching 73.. now they're looking at -20. they literally have no"great" weather days

In Dallas today it was like 30 and the wind was whippin .

I was like damn we aint in Chi town or Ny .
grin.gif

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

You gotta give the south some relief though. I bet most of them don't even own shovels or window scrapers.
the hell are these tools that you speak of?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know you're joking, but still.

Link? I wanna see these schools that announced their closings!

I live in Omaha, Nebraska and it's been snowing damn near non stop all winter. About to be -45 degrees tomorrow morning with wind chill
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

You gotta give the south some relief though. I bet most of them don't even own shovels or window scrapers.

Word. There's ice on the roads, and you cant expect teenagers and even adults to know how to drive on ice when we only get it once every blue moon. If theydidnt declare it an "emergancy" there would be mad accidents and casualties on the roads man.. Think about it. And is it me, or does it make theperson pointing fingers sound just as bad when they use words like "southerners"? Makes you look mad shallow...

Originally Posted by al3x89

lol closing a school because of snow flurries ... smh
SON It isn't only the fact that they closed school, you shouldve watched the news down here. They straight up told people not to go outside.
indifferent.gif

They were like you see this white part of the map over Peachtree street........don't even bother. I drove by and the roads were clear.
indifferent.gif
you must forget that people down here don't know how to handle it...

Its basic to us but to the avg person, they'll be freaked out and think "the game changed" and act stupid out there and cause problems for therest of people...its about public safety...see the bigger picture.

Originally Posted by jermz101

you from Boston? what school in boston you go to?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
TUFTS.....

I've gotten up at 7 am in the morning for class with a heavy blizzard outside...I kid you not, expecting classes to be cancelled.

I understand, this city not being equipped to deal with snow but they're panicking over non-sticking flurries.
indifferent.gif

6jddzk.jpg

it was like this in bama yesterday, that's probably the most snow i've seen in years. they didn't close schools but instead let them out at 11.
hopefully the roads aren't icey today cause i gotta drive to montgomery

I can't wait for the spring time to come already, this weather blows. Last year I remember it was a fairly warm winter here, it seems like its 15-20degrees every single day now.

Back
Top Bottom