Are Air Force 1's still poppin???

Everyone and they momma got af1s in 757 VA.  They are also Mike Vicks favorite still.  They never died here.  
The way denims moving..... 
roll.gif
 @ people who waiting for them to go on sale.  

The price bump did a few years back hurt a lot of heads though.  $75 for mids was sweet spot. Nike releasing way too many colorways doesn't help either.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

The hypebeast are exposing themselves in this thread.

QFT.

It is just ironic that people bash AF1's, until you put a limited tag on a pair. Changes everything......*coughs* Denims, YOTR's.

30t6p3b.gif

QFT.

It is just ironic that people bash AF1's, until you put a limited tag on a pair. Changes everything......*coughs* Denims, YOTR's.

30t6p3b.gif

Glad to see all the youngins showing their ignorance in this thread. Air Force 1s will remain Nike's top selling shoe of all time.

Glad to see all the youngins showing their ignorance in this thread. Air Force 1s will remain Nike's top selling shoe of all time.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

This was the fact in 06, but I'm not so sure about now. People seem to be more into other stuff, not any one thing. At my HS last year (senior year), nobody was wearing uptowns besides me. Most people were wearing Blazers, and now Kobes, Foamposites, and Griffeys (this one like crazy, everyone has Griffey 1s). Its not like people are saying "you see those new forces" anymore. They lost their appeal on the HS kids, but for collectors they are still solid. 

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

QFT.

30t6p3b.gif

Its hypebeasts (plural form), and imo its not all HBs who copped denims/ YOTRs. If its limited, then it appears people are buying for that. I dont see how anyone can wear/ buy a shoe they dont like. I'd say the people who copped YOTR and denims weren't your average HS kid who buys all the Griffeys/ Jordans, it was your collector or noob who pays attention to the forums and blogs for info. Sure some HBs, but I think HBs have decreased over the years. Thats just my observation.   

Every shoe has its HBs, its just when there are less pairs, they are more apparent. Were Denims limited, because people sure are NOT hyping over them as much as say Griffeys, Foamposites, Banned 1s, YOTRs, TB 3s. My store had nobody lined up when the doors opened.

If AF1s were still "in" then all the new ones would be copped and buzzed about by people (both on here and on the blogs) and resale prices on the old ones wouldn't have dropped as they did. Look at Slam Jams, they dropped like crazy. Those Futura highs were 175 retail and now aren't even 100 on eBay, and those were hyped up so much on the all of the blogs. Those Olive Recons dropped too. The 05 halloweens signifcantly lost demand, its not because the cw was whack either, its because interests among collectors have changed. There's way less demand on them nowadays, and I don't think its regional, its in our world too; collectors. Look at the number of people on NT saying "those forces are sick", there aren't many. The cws on the new ones are ehhh, they arent appealing to many and o boot there are many cws per year which oversaturate the market and in a sense ruin the shoe and demand by consumers, they have become overwhelmed imo 

I think what 430AM, wanted to know was if they are still as popular among the general population, rather than with NT heads. The fact he made this thread, shows the demand/ popularity has dipped because if they were still "in" why would he even ask that question?

Originally Posted by Rapido27

This was the fact in 06, but I'm not so sure about now. People seem to be more into other stuff, not any one thing. At my HS last year (senior year), nobody was wearing uptowns besides me. Most people were wearing Blazers, and now Kobes, Foamposites, and Griffeys (this one like crazy, everyone has Griffey 1s). Its not like people are saying "you see those new forces" anymore. They lost their appeal on the HS kids, but for collectors they are still solid. 

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

QFT.

30t6p3b.gif

Its hypebeasts (plural form), and imo its not all HBs who copped denims/ YOTRs. If its limited, then it appears people are buying for that. I dont see how anyone can wear/ buy a shoe they dont like. I'd say the people who copped YOTR and denims weren't your average HS kid who buys all the Griffeys/ Jordans, it was your collector or noob who pays attention to the forums and blogs for info. Sure some HBs, but I think HBs have decreased over the years. Thats just my observation.   

Every shoe has its HBs, its just when there are less pairs, they are more apparent. Were Denims limited, because people sure are NOT hyping over them as much as say Griffeys, Foamposites, Banned 1s, YOTRs, TB 3s. My store had nobody lined up when the doors opened.

If AF1s were still "in" then all the new ones would be copped and buzzed about by people (both on here and on the blogs) and resale prices on the old ones wouldn't have dropped as they did. Look at Slam Jams, they dropped like crazy. Those Futura highs were 175 retail and now aren't even 100 on eBay, and those were hyped up so much on the all of the blogs. Those Olive Recons dropped too. The 05 halloweens signifcantly lost demand, its not because the cw was whack either, its because interests among collectors have changed. There's way less demand on them nowadays, and I don't think its regional, its in our world too; collectors. Look at the number of people on NT saying "those forces are sick", there aren't many. The cws on the new ones are ehhh, they arent appealing to many and o boot there are many cws per year which oversaturate the market and in a sense ruin the shoe and demand by consumers, they have become overwhelmed imo 

I think what 430AM, wanted to know was if they are still as popular among the general population, rather than with NT heads. The fact he made this thread, shows the demand/ popularity has dipped because if they were still "in" why would he even ask that question?

The thread is pointless but if the shoe wasn't popular, why would Nike continue to produce them in such large quantities? I think the af1 has a much greater appeal amongst the general public than it does NT. The majority of NT seem to ride extremely limited releases and turn their nose up to gr's which I find funny and sad but I understand because NT becomes more and more of a teenager's thing

AF1's may not be the "it" shoe but they will always be "in"....like I said before people often forget the sneaker market is a lot bigger than NT and if you get caught up in non-important things like value and hype, you miss out on the most important thing...the shoe, either you like it or you don't.....

The thread is pointless but if the shoe wasn't popular, why would Nike continue to produce them in such large quantities? I think the af1 has a much greater appeal amongst the general public than it does NT. The majority of NT seem to ride extremely limited releases and turn their nose up to gr's which I find funny and sad but I understand because NT becomes more and more of a teenager's thing

AF1's may not be the "it" shoe but they will always be "in"....like I said before people often forget the sneaker market is a lot bigger than NT and if you get caught up in non-important things like value and hype, you miss out on the most important thing...the shoe, either you like it or you don't.....

Air Force 1 are still good, just the market isnt good at the moment for them cause of all the releases by all the brands, so reseller(hypebeast) arent attracted by them. lol funny thing is less and less people rock forces but they dont realize that forces are far supreior in quality then retro jordans.

Air Force 1 are still good, just the market isnt good at the moment for them cause of all the releases by all the brands, so reseller(hypebeast) arent attracted by them. lol funny thing is less and less people rock forces but they dont realize that forces are far supreior in quality then retro jordans.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Forces are done.

People who wear them get clowned on daily round my way.
ah Texas, the new home of the hypbeast sneakerheads
80% of the stuff I throw on ebay ends up there

and considering that big sneaker show

I'm assuming it's snapbacks and the latest hyped sneakers down there.

Forces are done.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Forces are done.

ouch *sting*

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Forces are done.

ouch *sting*

Just for the record, Uptown's have been around for 25 years, and will still be around long after most of us stop buying sneakers.

They continue to make them in abundance for a reason. People are buying them.

They're classic sneakers, not hypebeast or fad sneakers.

They're like Chuck Taylors. You can never got wrong with a pair of white on whites. I might not personally wear them anymore, but I have no problem with them. I don't have a problem with anyone wearing anything other than fakes anyway. It's your personal choice.

Sad how it takes a bunch of dudes wearing a sneaker for some of you to want a sneaker, but then the same people will whine how everyones wearing foams now or how certain Jordan's and retros are general release.

Just for the record, Uptown's have been around for 25 years, and will still be around long after most of us stop buying sneakers.

They continue to make them in abundance for a reason. People are buying them.

They're classic sneakers, not hypebeast or fad sneakers.

They're like Chuck Taylors. You can never got wrong with a pair of white on whites. I might not personally wear them anymore, but I have no problem with them. I don't have a problem with anyone wearing anything other than fakes anyway. It's your personal choice.

Sad how it takes a bunch of dudes wearing a sneaker for some of you to want a sneaker, but then the same people will whine how everyones wearing foams now or how certain Jordan's and retros are general release.

Back
Top Bottom