Are Air Force 1's still poppin???

The "favored" stores, right? Like they can get the limited pairs without having to order all of the other cws....are uptowns still worn in NY, or have they fallen off there too? Not just white on white but all the other cws?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

what alot of you dont understand

if your sell nike sneakers and have a account

your stuck with getting air force 1's and since they dont sell out like they used to you have to take them

the same with jordans to get the retros you have to take the crappy jordan brand sneakers and clothing

white on white af1's though will always move

the other colorways now thats another story

that isn't a secret, but like pipe slaya said not all spots, but i go back to what i said before, if the shoe is that unpopular and profits from them areas marginal as sopme in this thread make it seem, they wouldn't continue producing them in such high volumes and variety...

your stuck with getting air force 1's and since they dont sell out like they used to you have to take them

the same with jordans to get the retros you have to take the crappy jordan brand sneakers and clothing

that isn't a secret, but like pipe slaya said not all spots, but i go back to what i said before, if the shoe is that unpopular and profits from them areas marginal as sopme in this thread make it seem, they wouldn't continue producing them in such high volumes and variety...

they only make em cause stores order them.....read what I said above about this.  

Nike seems to be trying to hard on uptowns these days, they put weird materials on em and stuff, if they just stuck to leather, leather/ mesh, suede etc AND simple cws, then they wouldnt have become so unpopular as they are. The quality is another issue, but imo it has little to do with the general population not buying anymore. I think people just grew tired of them and moved on.

they only make em cause stores order them.....read what I said above about this.  

Nike seems to be trying to hard on uptowns these days, they put weird materials on em and stuff, if they just stuck to leather, leather/ mesh, suede etc AND simple cws, then they wouldnt have become so unpopular as they are. The quality is another issue, but imo it has little to do with the general population not buying anymore. I think people just grew tired of them and moved on.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

you honestly believe that?

moved on from what? can i get some specific af1's you are speaking of that you continue to refer to as being so wildy popular before the "decline"?

Also Nike always tries to do different things with its shoes, that doesn't mean they are tryin extra hard...sometimes it works, most times it doesn't but that goes for all shoes

moved on from what? can i get some specific af1's you are speaking of that you continue to refer to as being so wildy popular before the "decline"?

Also Nike always tries to do different things with its shoes, that doesn't mean they are tryin extra hard...sometimes it works, most times it doesn't but that goes for all shoes

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

go on FC and look at the prices for em, and you'll see that they aren't that high. Those Futura highs were dope imo, but they're only 90 on eBay. I'm not saying that just because it is low in resale that its a bad shoe, but it just isnt in demand. I dont understand that. I dont understand how such a simple shoe can be sought after so little. Anyways, I know Nike does try "new" things with its shoes, but look at all of the 90s and early uptowns and ou can clearly see the differences, they are simple in both cw and material. I gave examples a few posts ago, recon camo mids declined like crazy in demand for one. You know that there is less demand for uptowns, even the early 2000 cws. Basically the only solid demand is for the 90s and 2000-02ish stuff, after that there isnt really much thats sought after among collectors, a lot of this is due to quality though and I'm not just talking about the leather creasing immediately/ pleather either. 

Plus, a lot of uptowns were released in the span of two years and this doesnt make it easy for all the pairs to sell. Nike made too many cws and the population couldn't keep up. But IMO its more than that, I think people just lost interest in them. The look of the shoe itself became played out and "not cool" anymore.

And yes I totally believe that about shops ordering causing Nike to keep producing, because if shops weren't ordering then Nike wouldn't make them. Did you see MY reasoning why shops continue to order them though? 

Are they still being worn in
NY?
Bay Area? NO
Washington/ East Coast?
Florida?
Texas?
Midwest?
Northwest?
Southwest?
Chicago?
South?

Until we get all those answers then its only relative opinion that they've fallen off completely. IMO though, I 'd say that they have fallen off in most regions and are not "cool" anymore to most people. I still like em, but honestly think that I'm in a minority. 

Those denims havent sold at FC, and thats where HBs shop hahah, but still the only size that has sold is a 14. If those had dropped a few years ago, they'd be very sought after

go on FC and look at the prices for em, and you'll see that they aren't that high. Those Futura highs were dope imo, but they're only 90 on eBay. I'm not saying that just because it is low in resale that its a bad shoe, but it just isnt in demand. I dont understand that. I dont understand how such a simple shoe can be sought after so little. Anyways, I know Nike does try "new" things with its shoes, but look at all of the 90s and early uptowns and ou can clearly see the differences, they are simple in both cw and material. I gave examples a few posts ago, recon camo mids declined like crazy in demand for one. You know that there is less demand for uptowns, even the early 2000 cws. Basically the only solid demand is for the 90s and 2000-02ish stuff, after that there isnt really much thats sought after among collectors, a lot of this is due to quality though and I'm not just talking about the leather creasing immediately/ pleather either. 

Plus, a lot of uptowns were released in the span of two years and this doesnt make it easy for all the pairs to sell. Nike made too many cws and the population couldn't keep up. But IMO its more than that, I think people just lost interest in them. The look of the shoe itself became played out and "not cool" anymore.

And yes I totally believe that about shops ordering causing Nike to keep producing, because if shops weren't ordering then Nike wouldn't make them. Did you see MY reasoning why shops continue to order them though? 

Are they still being worn in
NY?
Bay Area? NO
Washington/ East Coast?
Florida?
Texas?
Midwest?
Northwest?
Southwest?
Chicago?
South?

Until we get all those answers then its only relative opinion that they've fallen off completely. IMO though, I 'd say that they have fallen off in most regions and are not "cool" anymore to most people. I still like em, but honestly think that I'm in a minority. 

Those denims havent sold at FC, and thats where HBs shop hahah, but still the only size that has sold is a 14. If those had dropped a few years ago, they'd be very sought after

Originally Posted by pipe slaya

this is not the case with all stores.. some yes, but definitely not all...
it depends on there accounts or if there paying there rep under the table to get the better shoes 
i know its not a secret but alot of people dont know the ins and outs of getting shoes direct from nike 

or if a store does not have an account then they pay a little more then the store pays a little more then the 53% box price

nike now makes shops pre pay alot of there product in advance at least thats what i am told by shop owners in the past few months 

but i know pipe slayer already knows that 
happy.gif

and yes people still wear af1's in nyc but you will be hard pressed to find someone with a "just released" af1 since there are so many other shoes that have took its thunder 

Originally Posted by pipe slaya

this is not the case with all stores.. some yes, but definitely not all...
it depends on there accounts or if there paying there rep under the table to get the better shoes 
i know its not a secret but alot of people dont know the ins and outs of getting shoes direct from nike 

or if a store does not have an account then they pay a little more then the store pays a little more then the 53% box price

nike now makes shops pre pay alot of there product in advance at least thats what i am told by shop owners in the past few months 

but i know pipe slayer already knows that 
happy.gif

and yes people still wear af1's in nyc but you will be hard pressed to find someone with a "just released" af1 since there are so many other shoes that have took its thunder 

I still see lots of people wear AF1's. Not as much before but still see them on lots of people feet. I noticed a lot of the japanese kids wear em.

I still see lots of people wear AF1's. Not as much before but still see them on lots of people feet. I noticed a lot of the japanese kids wear em.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How can you base the popularity of a shoe off of a reseller website? They sold out on NDC, sold out in stores, and if you look in the AF1 Thread, there are still many people looking after them. The Denims were very sought after.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How can you base the popularity of a shoe off of a reseller website? They sold out on NDC, sold out in stores, and if you look in the AF1 Thread, there are still many people looking after them. The Denims were very sought after.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They aren't sought after in the sense that people are willing to pay a decent for them. Pairs aren't even going for 200 on eBay, in fact I don't see many going for even 180. When YOTRs dropped, prices were insane right after RD. Sure denims sold out, but a lot of shoes sell out that don't become anything. I'm sure a lot of those buyers were HBs too. SOME shops still have these if you can believe it. I prefer these over YOTRs any day, but that's apparently not the case for many collectors. At my store (in the Bay Area), there wasn't even a line, if they were sought after, there'd be a line. It was just me that morning.
The order got delayed, so I'll have to cop this weekend.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They aren't sought after in the sense that people are willing to pay a decent for them. Pairs aren't even going for 200 on eBay, in fact I don't see many going for even 180. When YOTRs dropped, prices were insane right after RD. Sure denims sold out, but a lot of shoes sell out that don't become anything. I'm sure a lot of those buyers were HBs too. SOME shops still have these if you can believe it. I prefer these over YOTRs any day, but that's apparently not the case for many collectors. At my store (in the Bay Area), there wasn't even a line, if they were sought after, there'd be a line. It was just me that morning.
The order got delayed, so I'll have to cop this weekend.

I'm just saying, that they are a lot more sought after than Denims are. Regardless of retail, its all what people are willing to pay. If YOTRs were 135 on RD, I'd be saying the same thing.

I'm just saying, that they are a lot more sought after than Denims are. Regardless of retail, its all what people are willing to pay. If YOTRs were 135 on RD, I'd be saying the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom