• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
It's for ios 9.

It's meant for developers, but clueless NTers will install it and then complain about their apps not working. Happens every single year.

It's for ios 9.

It's meant for developers, but clueless NTers will install it and then complain about their apps not working. Happens every single year.

It's a public beta though not meant just for developers :lol:

No way I'd add something like that if I didn't have a basic understanding of how to use and or navigate it.

I'll leave that to the Silicon Valley type techies

Man, I've had my 5 plugged in for a computer backup for 2hrs now.

It's been stuck on step 4/4 "waiting for changes to be applied" for over an hour.

Does it take this long usually. I'm just trying to back it up so I can transfer it to a new phone.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Apple tech is amazing.
I had to manually transfer all my apps and email accounts.
My contacts transferred, my text history didn't.

I'm so impressed right now.
So impressed.

But, it's now up and running(enough) where I can leave my old iPhone in the truck, until I need to go get it to check an old text for an appt, pic, address, take off etc.

Today has to be a better day for me, Apple ALL THE WAY f'ed up my yesterday, in a serious way.
And they want me to buy an iPad because it's free, FOH Verizon, for real.

Last edited:
And what the Hell is the SIM card good for, pulled it out of an old 5 when I got a 5s, inserted it, transferred all my stuff.

Tried that this time, nothing.
FOH Apple, today.

Just saw your post regarding the backup.

It seems as if you were syncing it. Just run back up and don't worry about the sync.

Never ran a sync.
Straight backup to iCloud first, and when that froze ran the backup to my computer, it gets stuck in the 4/4 stage at "trying to apply changes" or something. Man, from 9-6 I was on it. Finally said the hell with it and manually transferred the main things I needed.

Frustration was/is at level 150 though, no doubt.

I dig the size of the new phone though in my hands.
I'll play with it some more today.

I had to replace a work laptop this week too; so I'm about all I.T.'ed out for the year if you know what I mean.

Never ran a sync.
Straight backup to iCloud first, and when that froze ran the backup to my computer, it gets stuck in the 4/4 stage at "trying to apply changes" or something. Man, from 9-6 I was on it. Finally said the hell with it and manually transferred the main things I needed.

Frustration was/is at level 150 though, no doubt.
This is the part that's confusing. There shouldn't be any stages during a back up. Only during a sync are there stages.

This is what your screen should look like. Encryption is optional.

yosemite_itunes12_iphone_backup.png

The 4/4 part is when I'm plugging in the new device to have the info transferred.

I remember that clearly because I had to plug and unplug my new device so many times.

I even uninstalled ITunes and reinstalled it.
I spent a few hours browsing the Apple threads today.
They have hundreds upon hundreds of pages on this same issue.
That's when I was like crying a little bit on the inside.
I know I'm doing it right because I just did a backup and transfer on an employees phone this week. Granted it was an i4 to I4s but, I don't think that would matter? Right?

Last edited:
I mean it was during the restore yes.
Not sure about the firmware. I don't even think I know what that is youngwolf.

It's just the version of IOS. But since no error message popped up, I'm sure that wasn't the issue.

Years ago, I had an issue with not being able to restore the backup I had on file. I was freaking out because my nephew's first steps were on that backup. I ended up using backup extractor, and it worked like a charm. If you really want the text messages, I'd suggest looking into it. It does cost money, so definitely try to get the backup running first.

Also, try plugging into a different usb port. 

It's just the version of IOS. But since no error message popped up, I'm sure that wasn't the issue.

Years ago, I had an issue with not being able to restore the backup I had on file. I was freaking out because my nephew's first steps were on that backup. I ended up using backup extractor, and it worked like a charm. If you really want the text messages, I'd suggest looking into it. It does cost money, so definitely try to get the backup running first.

Also, try plugging into a different usb port. 
I will definitely try the other USB ports. 

I will also keep the phone until I can figure out the backup.

I had promised it to my nephew once I upgraded, and he was definitely looking at it today like he was ready to take ownership. I must figure this out and get him his phone.

Thanks @youngwolf  for your feedback. I won't forget it.

Gotta love Apple!!

My little sister misplaced her phone while shopping. We tried calling it and Facetiming, then all of a sudden it goes straight to her voicemail. I ask her how much battery did she have when she last saw it. She said 93% but was also texting and surfing the web, I'm like okay so somebody has it.

Tracked the phone through Find My iPhone... Bam! Somebody's crib, 15 miles away!

Back
Top Bottom