Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
My Sprint 5S fell in the Jacuzzi on Saturday...  Activated an old HTC and feel lost.... dont want to grab a 6 because the 6S/C will be dropping soon.... Craigslist is filled with scams... in a horrible situation.  

Any tips out there?

Also, stuck my phone in a bag of rice over the weekend..... no signs of life

-Fresh 

I've been having this issue with my phone (6+). Someone will call me and my phone will vibrate, but nothing shows up on the screen. I would have to click the home button, unlock my phone, and then the green bar on top shows while my phone is still vibrating the whole time. After I click the green button, I go to the screen where you're supposed to get when someone calls you. And then I have to slide to answer. All of this while my phone is vibrating the whole time.

Damn. I'm still on 4s and I've been having the same issue. Chalked it up as my old *** phone but maybe not. For the first time I'm hesitant to purchase a new apple product

Anyone have a lightning connection to hdmi cable? Was thinking of buying the amazon one. apple has lost their damn minds charging $49 for a simple cable. You can't stream the hbo now app to chromecast so I want to try to connect my phone to my tv and watch GOT on a big screen.

im no apple fan boy by anymeans but the reason why these products cost so much is because they actually work. all of the other alternatives that you find amazon are cheap Chinese knockoffs that are ALWAYS either dead on arrival or only work for the most basic functions under very specific conditions.

i had an apple brand 8 pin to hdmi adapter that worked flawlessly that i broke when it got closed between my cars door and i started looking for a cheaper replacement and i went straight to amazon to find it. one thing i noticed is that almost every single one of them got way more bad reviews then they did good. but after doing research i settled on this one which was only $11.65 a year ago Amazon product ASIN B008V6JL14
Long story short it pretty much only worked when it wanted to. it was able to mirror my home screen and some videos through safari but it could not mirror anything on netflix, hbogo, or even moviebox. I got it replace 4 times and none of them worked as described. So i caved and bought "like new" (used) condition apple brand 8 pin to hdmi and lighting to hdmi for about $9 and $17 each and i also got the 8 pin to lighting adapter for another 8 bucks. All of the apple products are working flawlessly with regular use. If you can find them in like new condition the prices are always much better.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. Repped. I won't let my brother or sister try to borrow it. I swear i've never messed up an apple charger or cable but when those fools borrow something the white cable starts to fray and wxpose the wires. They break all their headphones too.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. Repped. I won't let my brother or sister try to borrow it. I swear i've never messed up an apple charger or cable but when those fools borrow something the white cable starts to fray and wxpose the wires. They break all their headphones too.
yeah these are actually put together pretty well and not flimsy at all. not like the charging cables and headphones that if you ask me are designed to fail with use.

frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds check your local RadioShack. Stores are closing unless the individual store is brought by sprint. Apple products +50% off.

Brought a micro usb to lightning for $6, lightning digital av adapter $15 and a lightning to 30 pin for $10

My Sprint 5S fell in the Jacuzzi on Saturday...  Activated an old HTC and feel lost.... dont want to grab a 6 because the 6S/C will be dropping soon.... Craigslist is filled with scams... in a horrible situation.  

Any tips out there?

Also, stuck my phone in a bag of rice over the weekend..... no signs of life

-Fresh 
bought a 5s twice on CL, got it activated at verizon with the seller to make sure it works and eveyrthing

View media item 1569668
My first MacBook. This little thing is a beast, I had the gold version on back order but didn't want to wait 4 weeks so I swapped it for this one. I'm probably going to give it to my nephew and cop the pro.

Recommend me some must have apps yall.

Last edited:
View media item 1569668
My first MacBook. This little thing is a beast, I had the gold version on back order but didn't want to wait 4 weeks so I swapped it for this one. I'm probably going to give it to my nephew and cop the pro.

Recommend me some must have apps yall.

Didn't even know they made Gold or Space Grey Macs now. I'm salty, got mine last September.
View media item 1371579
Here's the official Mac thread, btw.

http://niketalk.com/t/119065/the-official-mac-thread-docs-themes-apps-etc

Last edited:
WWDC today!

iOS 9, new Mac OS, updates to Apple Watch OS and Apple Music.

Should be a fun keynote.

Rumor is Drake has been signed to be a "guest DJ" for their new music service, also Apple apparently bought Kanye's album to stream exclusively as well.  

Daaaaamn
2-3 years ago
When apple had a conference
An apple thread use to STAY plastered on the first page
Seems like it doesn't care anymore
Anyway they announced iOS 9 beta the ioswatch 2 beta
New 24/7 radio station
And some other stuff I didn't care about

Keynote was kinda weak, but this is a software update, not hardware so whatevs.

I really like the picture in picture and dual windows on the iPad.

When they announce the new iPads I'll more than likely cop and take full advantage.

Other than that, nothing really jumped out at me.

Tbh, phones do so much at this point that these keynotes will only get more boring unless they really bring some huge new improvements, which will more than likely require more powerful hardware first. And with them making phones slimmer every year, the hardware ain't getting too much more powerful any time soon.

El Capitan looks so sexy. And I was so sure I was getting windows 10 but IDK anymore. I might have to buy two laptops..or partition....the struggle..

It is with heavy heart I have decided to fully go all Apple. Next Laptop: MBP w/ El Capitan & Retina, Next Phone: iPhone 6

did you have a case on it?
Just the Apple leather case. Dropped it once and immediately checked if it was bent, but at the time, it wasn't.

Just checked to see if the phone wobbled on a flat surface and it did...Pretty bummed out about it. But that's what happens, I suppose.

Just the Apple leather case. Dropped it once and immediately checked if it was bent, but at the time, it wasn't.

Just checked to see if the phone wobbled on a flat surface and it did...Pretty bummed out about it. But that's what happens, I suppose.
what kind of jeans and you keep it in your front pocket?

El Capitan looks so sexy. And I was so sure I was getting windows 10 but IDK anymore. I might have to buy two laptops..or partition....the struggle..

Buy a MBP and upgrade the ram as high as it can go, dual boot windows 10.

The best thing about these new operating systems is that they're making them lightweight and less resource taxing. So you could even get away with an Air as long as the processor is good and the ram is at least 8gb

Back
Top Bottom