Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Got a $250 anniversary gift from work - guess im bout to have them order me some pros see how I like those silicone tips shoved in my ears 🤔

Bout to see what these do

3BB4517F-E29C-40C4-80FF-3C245C277D3A.jpeg

Appreciate y'all in this thread. Picked up the 14 pro in purple. Won't ship until late October or early November. But paid taxes for the phone up front, then just ow $5.56 a month + activation fee once i turn in my iphone 11 for 36 months (will try to pay it off early if they let me)

Y’all talkin real highly of these APP2’s.

If I didn’t just get a new set of APP1’s I’d be wanting to buy a new set :lol:

My air pod pros battery have degraded tremendously and this is after I begrudgingly bought a new pair at the top of this year after a freak accident with my 1st pros.

Alright, so I made the decision to start going with some Smart Home technology. I don't have a huge place, so my functional needs are fairly small. Though, i'll be buying a crib in the next 1-2 years (housing market x area is waaay high rn) so it's important that the things I buy can scale with a bigger place.

Which one should I go with, Google, Amazon, or Apple?
  • Did some homework and favor security as the biggest priority. Apple seems the most secure out of the 3, given Google and Amazons recent-ish privacy and data leaks. In addition, smart tv default apps have their issues as well.
What stuff did you get and to why?
  • HomePod Minis
    • Speakers for my tv (my living room is fairly small)
    • Play music, podcasts, etc via MacBook, iPad, or iPhone in different areas in my spot (living-room, bedroom, and bathroom)
    • Siri accessibiliy is within talking range
    • * Intercom - this functionality is a bonus, not needed for me right now.
  • Nanoleaf Bulbs
    • Wanted to be able to automate lights turning on/off, geo-fencing, etc
    • Dynamic color lighting to set the mood for certain events (movies, netflix and chill, gaming, and etc)
  • Apple 4k TV
    • Data privacy - currently, I have Samsung TV's and have used their default smart tv apps for Netflix, HBO Max, and etc but the frequent data breaches are a growing concern.
    • 4k capability - more pixels to watch cool stuff
    • HomeKit flexibility
      • Audio output choices for rando situations (ex: if my lady is asleep I can funnel the audio to my airpods so I'm not disturbing her)
      • Can run commands remotely while not within the home wifi since the hub can be set on the apple tv.
    • * Portability - I'm not really interested in this capability, but hey maybe if i purchase another one–though i don't need to watch tv that bad
  • HomeKit App
    • This comes free so this isn't a purchase per se, but I like the UX design behind how this app is built (I'm a UX/Product Designer in tech so this might be a personal notation)

What stuff do you still have to get?
  • Indoor camera (Logi Circle View Camera or Eve Camera)
    • My girl has a dog and so I need a camera to keep an eye on that little monster when we leave him at the spot
    • Not sure on which one of the above options i'll go with; have to do some more research
Not sure about what else to get right now. Thermostats and Door Locks are redundant/not neccesary because the apartment complex I'm in have digital and key fobs. If anyone has any suggestions and etc then thanks. I'll update when everything is completely up and running. :D

Last edited:
Upgraded to the AirPods Pro 2 from the Powerbeats Pro, it was worth it IMO.

The APP2 are definitely worth it. I upgraded from the 1st gen and definitely appreciate the noise cancellation on gen 2.

Y’all talkin real highly of these APP2’s.

If I didn’t just get a new set of APP1’s I’d be wanting to buy a new set :lol:

I’m saying. When I put these Pro 2s in my ear here soon I sure hope I’m blown away.

Alright, so I made the decision to start going with some Smart Home technology. I don't have a huge place, so my functional needs are fairly small. Though, i'll be buying a crib in the next 1-2 years (housing market x area is waaay high rn) so it's important that the things I buy can scale with a bigger place.

Which one should I go with, Google, Amazon, or Apple?
  • Did some homework and favor security as the biggest priority. Apple seems the most secure out of the 3, given Google and Amazons recent-ish privacy and data leaks. In addition, smart tv default apps have their issues as well.
What stuff did you get and to why?
  • HomePod Minis
    • Speakers for my tv (my living room is fairly small)
    • Play music, podcasts, etc via MacBook, iPad, or iPhone in different areas in my spot (living-room, bedroom, and bathroom)
    • Siri accessibiliy is within talking range
    • * Intercom - this functionality is a bonus, not needed for me right now.
  • Nanoleaf Bulbs
    • Wanted to be able to automate lights turning on/off, geo-fencing, etc
    • Dynamic color lighting to set the mood for certain events (movies, netflix and chill, gaming, and etc)
  • Apple 4k TV
    • Data privacy - currently, I have Samsung TV's and have used their default smart tv apps for Netflix, HBO Max, and etc but the frequent data breaches are a growing concern.
    • 4k capability - more pixels to watch cool stuff
    • HomeKit flexibility
      • Audio output choices for rando situations (ex: if my lady is asleep I can funnel the audio to my airpods so I'm not disturbing her)
      • Can run commands remotely while not within the home wifi since the hub can be set on the apple tv.
    • * Portability - I'm not really interested in this capability, but hey maybe if i purchase another one–though i don't need to watch tv that bad
  • HomeKit App
    • This comes free so this isn't a purchase per se, but I like the UX design behind how this app is built (I'm a UX/Product Designer in tech so this might be a personal notation)

What stuff do you still have to get?
  • Indoor camera (Logi Circle View Camera or Eve Camera)
    • My girl has a dog and so I need a camera to keep an eye on that little monster when we leave him at the spot
    • Not sure on which one of the above options i'll go with; have to do some more research
Not sure about what else to get right now. Thermostats and Door Locks are redundant/not neccesary because the apartment complex I'm in have digital and key fobs. If anyone has any suggestions and etc then thanks. I'll update when everything is completely up and running. :D
Smart garage opener.

Lighting occupancy sensors (motion sensors for lights)

fam, where is your new apple watch ultra?….
Bro….

Guess what I just finished looking at.
E60ED7DA-82E7-43BD-9BE4-0F5AB5883A17.jpeg

Idk if it’s marketing or what, but that watch is starting to look more normal sized the more I try it on.

Also was thinking about how Apple had a titanium edition model last year that was around that 1000 dollar price. Now we have another titanium watch that is cheaper with more features.

Last edited:
1st gen meaning like OG 1s or 1st gen pros? Huge difference in sound & quality my friend lol

Man my bro got me the APP, dont even know what gen it was about a year ago and I honestly prefer the regular AP (longer stem, not in ear with the different size silicone tips). The noise cancellation is cool, but the sound itself isnt all that great and that mode where you can hear outside noise too was weird af. Somthing about the regular AP and how it sounded I preferred. Hell I lost that APP and my regular AP and all I use now is the wired joints and I still like em. :lol:

Ive had headphones/earphones from a whole bunch of companies too, I woudnt call myself an audiophile but ive heard a range.

The wired Bose sound sports are still the best earphones I’ve ever used.

I have the 1st gen and they are still good. I barely use the nc. Would only use it on a flight or long car ride. I need to hear my surroundings.

I have the 1st gen and they are still good. I barely use the nc. Would only use it on a flight or long car ride. I need to hear my surroundings.
I use mine on flights or at the gym when the group classes have their music at the level of live concerts.

I’ve also used it at the mall when I was waiting for my wife to finish shopping once. That experience was :pimp:

Safari on my iPhone 14 pro keeps freezing on niketalk smh.

Apple fix yo **** before I go back to android gang!!

Back
Top Bottom