Anyone fail their road test first time around?

I passed my first time. was kinda nervous, when the instructor told me drive faster i felt better though.

The main thing is to not be so nervous. the kid after me looked so nervous when he pulled out of the stop sign he didn't see the other car coming and had to slam on his brakes.

It's not the end of the world.

I passed my first time. was kinda nervous, when the instructor told me drive faster i felt better though.

The main thing is to not be so nervous. the kid after me looked so nervous when he pulled out of the stop sign he didn't see the other car coming and had to slam on his brakes.

It's not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Honest to God, I have my first on-road test tomorrow at 8am...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone got any tips?

I'll be using the driving school's car for the exam, which I haven't driven since February, so I'm a lil nervous...
ohwell.gif

I passed the written test (perfect score) my first time taking it like 3 weeks ago, if that matters.

Just don't sweat it.  If you're ready, you'll pass.  If you're not, then you just gotta take the test again.

That simple. 

I'm sure you're still gunna worry though.  I won't blame you.  At 18, passing or failing the road test meant everything to me.  I acted a fool the first two times I failed.

Now that I'm older I realize there are worst things in the world than not getting a driver's license. 

Wish you the best of luck on your test tomorrorw.  If you pass, great.  If not, it's really not the end of the world.  You'll get your license sooner or later. 

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Honest to God, I have my first on-road test tomorrow at 8am...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone got any tips?

I'll be using the driving school's car for the exam, which I haven't driven since February, so I'm a lil nervous...
ohwell.gif

I passed the written test (perfect score) my first time taking it like 3 weeks ago, if that matters.

Just don't sweat it.  If you're ready, you'll pass.  If you're not, then you just gotta take the test again.

That simple. 

I'm sure you're still gunna worry though.  I won't blame you.  At 18, passing or failing the road test meant everything to me.  I acted a fool the first two times I failed.

Now that I'm older I realize there are worst things in the world than not getting a driver's license. 

Wish you the best of luck on your test tomorrorw.  If you pass, great.  If not, it's really not the end of the world.  You'll get your license sooner or later. 

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I'm the complete opposite.

Failed my WRITTEN TEST the first time
sick.gif
, was mad over thinking.
DRIVING TEST was a breeze. I was extremely nervous the night before, but in the morning I was cool as a cucumber.
Wait, theres a written test too? Or are you referring to the permit test, which you have to take before even scheduling a road test...

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I'm the complete opposite.

Failed my WRITTEN TEST the first time
sick.gif
, was mad over thinking.
DRIVING TEST was a breeze. I was extremely nervous the night before, but in the morning I was cool as a cucumber.
Wait, theres a written test too? Or are you referring to the permit test, which you have to take before even scheduling a road test...

failed twice, 1st was for not waiting for this other car about 100 yards past us first before making the turn. second was i started turning left when i did not see a pedistrian cross the street. 3rd times a charm lol

failed twice, 1st was for not waiting for this other car about 100 yards past us first before making the turn. second was i started turning left when i did not see a pedistrian cross the street. 3rd times a charm lol

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by purplewolves

mfw I failed my driving test the first time cause I didn't hear the lady say turn right at the stop sign
BteRpOWffqqsxufw4K401oz5o1_500.jpg
mfw when instructor tells me I'm a dangerous driver
9cf26796718748c3ed3f365b2acefe30a99fc2c8_s.jpg

mfw I failed because I made a right turn in the wrong lane but did everything else to perfection

3be366194ae89283ee8c80dcd90f081a26a2026e.pjpg

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by purplewolves

mfw I failed my driving test the first time cause I didn't hear the lady say turn right at the stop sign
BteRpOWffqqsxufw4K401oz5o1_500.jpg
mfw when instructor tells me I'm a dangerous driver
9cf26796718748c3ed3f365b2acefe30a99fc2c8_s.jpg

mfw I failed because I made a right turn in the wrong lane but did everything else to perfection

3be366194ae89283ee8c80dcd90f081a26a2026e.pjpg

I failed bc I didn't turn my whole upper body and look behind while backing up, I just used the rear view mirror. But my test was on a closed course, so I knew there wasn't anyone behind me. It sucked bc in NJ you can't just retest the next day. We're so packed with people you have to re-schedule and I had to wait 3 weeks. And a few days after, I broke my thumb and had this crazy cast, So obviously you can't have two hands on the wheel if youre in a cast. I had to wait until I got my cast off 7 weeks later to get my license. Basically my bday is Sept 25th and I didnt get my license until Nov 17th I think. I was so pissed.

I failed bc I didn't turn my whole upper body and look behind while backing up, I just used the rear view mirror. But my test was on a closed course, so I knew there wasn't anyone behind me. It sucked bc in NJ you can't just retest the next day. We're so packed with people you have to re-schedule and I had to wait 3 weeks. And a few days after, I broke my thumb and had this crazy cast, So obviously you can't have two hands on the wheel if youre in a cast. I had to wait until I got my cast off 7 weeks later to get my license. Basically my bday is Sept 25th and I didnt get my license until Nov 17th I think. I was so pissed.

any advice I could give is take it slow and definitely over exaggerate your correct maneuvers/movements to the proctor and make them notice your doing the right thing.

Don't sweat the test too much or your bound to fail, just have confidence in your abilities and don't rush to do anything on the test.

any advice I could give is take it slow and definitely over exaggerate your correct maneuvers/movements to the proctor and make them notice your doing the right thing.

Don't sweat the test too much or your bound to fail, just have confidence in your abilities and don't rush to do anything on the test.

I failed the first time because I didn't look over my shoulder before I pulled off. We were the only vehicle on a one way street! Then I went to another town the next day and passed lol.

I failed the first time because I didn't look over my shoulder before I pulled off. We were the only vehicle on a one way street! Then I went to another town the next day and passed lol.

Back
Top Bottom