Anyone ever do this at a bar/club?

I've done this before. The money was soaked in beer
laugh.gif

im assuming you can afford $120+ shoes, and if you're out you must be wearing fresh clothing. what's an extra dollar to you?

if you can't afford tipping, stay home you scum bag.

(end vent... I have plenty of friends who live off tips)

im assuming you can afford $120+ shoes, and if you're out you must be wearing fresh clothing. what's an extra dollar to you?

Originally Posted by antheezy

You're mad. You're not entitled to a tip. Like Dwight Schrute said, why tip someone for a job I can do myself?

Personally I'll tip at the end of the night because its common courtesy but if your personality sucks and you're rude just hand me my tab slip.

You're mad. You're not entitled to a tip. Like Dwight Schrute said, why tip someone for a job I can do myself?

Personally I'll tip at the end of the night because its common courtesy but if your personality sucks and you're rude just hand me my tab slip.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

I was mainly referring to the OP's post.

He didn't mention anything about a bartender with "personality" problems or rudeness, he simply did it to cheap his way out of a few dollars.

The way OP pretends someone else's tip is his shows he believes the bartender is entitled to a tip, just not his money. If he truly didn't believe bartenders are entitled tips he wouldn't even make an attempt to "pretend the tip that someone else left is (his)".

To your post--

"why tip someone for a job I can do myself?" -- Then drink at home. Try pouring drinks for yourself at the bar/club. You'll have an early night.

He didn't mention anything about a bartender with "personality" problems or rudeness, he simply did it to cheap his way out of a few dollars.

The way OP pretends someone else's tip is his shows he believes the bartender is entitled to a tip, just not his money. If he truly didn't believe bartenders are entitled tips he wouldn't even make an attempt to "pretend the tip that someone else left is (his)".

To your post--

"why tip someone for a job I can do myself?" -- Then drink at home. Try pouring drinks for yourself at the bar/club. You'll have an early night.

i only do this at bars/clubs i'll never go back to. and i dont believe in tipping at all, it's part of their job. at the bars i go to often, i tip all the time out of my own pocket, i'm cool with many of the servers/bartenders. but i've been threatened to be kicked out because i didnt leave a tip once at this club i'll never go back to again 
laugh.gif

i only do this at bars/clubs i'll never go back to. and i dont believe in tipping at all, it's part of their job. at the bars i go to often, i tip all the time out of my own pocket, i'm cool with many of the servers/bartenders. but i've been threatened to be kicked out because i didnt leave a tip once at this club i'll never go back to again 
laugh.gif

To your post--

I wasn't referring to the OP in my post. I'm talking about tipping in general. I always tip. Tipping isn't a problem but whether it be a waiter at a restaurant or a bartender, if you don't know how to treat customers why should you get a tip?

Re: to my post -- Its your job. You take it knowing that the pay sucks. If you choose to live off of tips then that's your problem

To your post--

I wasn't referring to the OP in my post. I'm talking about tipping in general. I always tip. Tipping isn't a problem but whether it be a waiter at a restaurant or a bartender, if you don't know how to treat customers why should you get a tip?

Re: to my post -- Its your job. You take it knowing that the pay sucks. If you choose to live off of tips then that's your problem

That last sentence demonstrates poor logic.  What about car salesmen?  What about people that sell life insurance for commission?  Should they be screwed out of their commission because "you don't think they need to live off of commission".

People take jobs based on total compensation(salary + tips/commission).  People wouldn't do certain jobs if it wasn't for the tips or commissions.

You said you tip though, so that's cool.  The rest of ya'll cheap dudes should stay home and pour your own refills and clean your own dishes. 

Note: I'm talking about not tipping your waiter or waitress.  Not really the bar/club.  Not tipping your waiter or waitress is foul. 

That last sentence demonstrates poor logic.  What about car salesmen?  What about people that sell life insurance for commission?  Should they be screwed out of their commission because "you don't think they need to live off of commission".

People take jobs based on total compensation(salary + tips/commission).  People wouldn't do certain jobs if it wasn't for the tips or commissions.

You said you tip though, so that's cool.  The rest of ya'll cheap dudes should stay home and pour your own refills and clean your own dishes. 

Note: I'm talking about not tipping your waiter or waitress.  Not really the bar/club.  Not tipping your waiter or waitress is foul. 

Back
Top Bottom