anyone else losing interest in SNEAKERS?

whoa,8 pages...
well i think im gonna keep my sneakers until i desperately need $$$...
still wouldnt be too bad to pull out DS sneakers in 10yrs.

I'm thinking about leaving. The dressing better thread did it for me.

I think I'll kill the habit slowly though.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

have a "grown up" job that allows me to wear sneakers and even though I buy about the same amount i have for the last 5 years, maybe even more now that I have a decnt steady paycheck.

Personally, i'll always be into sneakers. Seems like lately good releases are few and far between

word.
I dont see what age has to do with sneakers. Im 33, and wear sneakers and jeans EVERYDAY. I cant forsee ever switchin it up to wearing anything but thatunless my job required it. Truthfully, I think I was more into sneakers when I couldnt wear them everyday.
I've never been one to campout or blow a check, cause for as long as I could really buy them on my own, I've had financial responsibilities that havekept me from really splurging like some of you...so maybe my love is a slow burn. not to mention, I dont buy everything. I have to really like a shoe toactually buy it. impulse purchase are rare

I went from the Nike/Jordan Forums to the 'designer' thread in Sneaker Showcase as I got a grown up job.

Now clothes/shoes mean nothing to me. And I have made more money this year than any year of my entire life.

Enjoy the culture but I just think I outgrew it.

I like kicks but not as much as I have. Everything seems like they fell off but I'm still feeling air maxs. What's funny is I showed this dude De La Hiwhen they first came out and he just said they're Ok and was like,"look at these exclusives thou", and dude pulls out some premium AF1s. I'mlike you serious man? I can still go cop a pair now for $80. 6 months later dudes asking me about sb dunks and $%!$.

I hope Nike can make a comeback to my liking. I'll still cop stuff I like

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

*raises hand*
i dnt even bother with these new whack @%& jordans that be releasing. i wear jb flip flops daily anyhow. but other than that all my cash goes toward creating my slab.
need a ds set of swangaz not jordans lol

I just had a guy transfer to my work from Houston. I asked him about swangaz, he said he saw quite a few. I really wasn't sure if these things really, truly were popular out there, but I guess they are.

he must have been:

*white
*lame
*not ghetto

swangaz dont even apply to people like this, they dont even care nor like them.

Working at Finishline killed it for me.

When I wasn't around them all the time, I'd be excited to see what's coming out, hitting the mall/stores to get a sneak peek at shoes,, but now Idon't love it like I used to.

I'll get Space Jam XI and White/Red XII.

The last pair of shoes I bought was April 2008 - Virginia Tech AM90's.

Everything since then is trash, too expensive, or I just have better things to spend my money on.

I'm switching hobbies to car audio now, but if I see something I like, I might get it...if not, no big deal.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

We off that.

Limited editions, horrible jordans and resellers killed it for me. People used to make fun of me for how many pairs of sneakers I had. Then everyone was doing it.

I really havent copped anything in a while but if there was something i really wanted ill go get it but sneakers comming out/been out are str8trash....Jordans/SBs/Retros....only thing im looking forward to is the new Lebrons or anything with alot of orange but thats rare to find imo....but I doubtill ever sell my current kicks no matter how broke I get...Once Im able to get my hand on a pair of Paris SBs...Ima call it quits but that wont be for awhile...if not ever
ohwell.gif

Im starting to look at some highend Shoes but the price tags are over my head...once my money is right ill be in there

BAN THIS MAN! nah i feel u...I only cop ball shoes, kobes and jordans once in a while. Right now i've been rockin vans.

I'm losing interest cause if you don't live on one of the coast, a major european/asian city nike don't give 2 cents about you, loyal customer ornot. I'm still salty from the Yeezy release. For each CW only 1 store in Germany/Austria/Switzerland combined got em. Having to line up hours anytimesomething decent does come out. I'll leave that to the young people who have time to waste.I pick my spots now, maybe picking up once every 2-3 monthsinstead of 2-3 per month. I miss living in NY.

i have nothing really that great to me comes out and when they dp its in limited and/ or the quaility sucks. after i buy like 5 pairs of the black & red6's and the other og colorway jordans im done. i havent copped a pair since august & only cuz they were 50% off.

Shoes suck. Its like one or two things I may mess with every once-in-a-while. I would've NEVER be bothered with Yeezys or any of these recent releases (ie.TB IIIs) had it not been for the fact that they just tend to be a) Very easy to get and b) Free or at a ridiculous discount.

Don't know if its just around my way in BK, but the only people who i see wear jordans are puerto ricans.
tired.gif

Right now i'm on my gucci and prada grind.

The lack of good releases, having low funds, and more responsibilities
might keep me from buying a lot of kicks like I used to. However, I will
never lose interest in sneakers. Doesnt matter how old I am or what
kind of job I have. Im hopin to get a better job so that I can buy all the
kicks I ever wanted and then finally fall back.

Right now I only cop OG colored jrodans & retro kicks. I already kno I need
the orange & blue Bo's, Space Jams and XII's. Theres a lot I missed out on
when I was young, or didnt have enough bread to cop, but the way Nike is
milking the iish outta their kicks I see that everything will get retroed eventually
more than once.

Really been thinking about switiching up my style and gettin some high-end
designer shoes & some casuals, but that doesnt even sound like me.

Originally Posted by eaalto

*raises hand*
i dnt even bother with these new whack @%& jordans that be releasing. i wear jb flip flops daily anyhow. but other than that all my cash goes toward creating my slab.
need a ds set of swangaz not jordans lol

I just had a guy transfer to my work from Houston. I asked him about swangaz, he said he saw quite a few. I really wasn't sure if these things really, truly were popular out there, but I guess they are.

he must have been:

*white
*lame
*not ghetto

swangaz dont even apply to people like this, they dont even care nor like them.
Haha, he is white and he isn't ghetto. Not lame, but you got 2 out of 3, that's kind of funny.

well of course they wouldnt be popular in his area. but come to the hood and thats where you gone see em at.

i made a thread like this awhle back..but i'm into more simple shoes now..some vans chukkas are good for me now..i've lost interest in getting any ofthe new jordans..retros or not..not really into sbs and all that any more either

i sold a lot of my shoes like 2 months ago..still got some jordans..hares/carmines/grapes..dont even wear them..but those are the few pairs that i dont wannaget rid of
laugh.gif

and i been wearing my aquas pretty much everyday

Back
Top Bottom