Anybody work for the FBI? or try out?

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

Originally Posted by 18key

If you've smoked weed more than 7 times in your life, you wont cut it.

Is this really true or is it a bunch of bull? If it's true, it's bull regardless. I've smoked weed WAAAAY more than 7 times, but I don't see how 7 times should make a definite determination. Kinda stupid if you ask me, I don't think that should be part of the credentials. So long as it's been a while since you've smoked before applying.
You can't smoke for 3 years prior to your application. And if you did any other drugs you are rejected immediately.

I'm gonna look into that internship program next year. It would be great to have on my resume.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Is this really true or is it a bunch of bull? If it's true, it's bull regardless. I've smoked weed WAAAAY more than 7 times, but I don't see how 7 times should make a definite determination. Kinda stupid if you ask me, I don't think that should be part of the credentials. So long as it's been a while since you've smoked before applying.
You can't smoke for 3 years prior to your application. And if you did any other drugs you are rejected immediately.

I'm gonna look into that internship program next year. It would be great to have on my resume.

[size=-1]"To determine whether you qualify under the FBI's drug policy, please answer the following questions. If youanswer "YES" to any of these questions, you should NOT apply for FBI employment.:[/size]
  1. [size=-1]Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?[/size]
  2. [size=-1]Have you used marijuana more than a total of 15 times in your life?[/size]
  3. [size=-1]Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?[/size]
  4. [size=-1]Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) more than a total of five times in your life?[/size]
  5. [size=-1]Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?[/size]
  6. [size=-1]Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago)while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?"[/size]
Source: http://www.fbi.gov/employ.../policies.htm
Google is your friend /thread.

i just read into what it takes to become an FBI agent....and after step 1 I was already disqualified..... you cannot have worse than 20/40 uncorrected visionin either eye.... (this is to be a special agent.....) I am sure the office guys could be half blind....

its tough to get into the fbi since they have a lot of strict prerequsites. and after you get past all the test and interviews they strap you up to a liedetector and if anything comes back funny youre out for good.

Originally Posted by IIcn

[size=-1]"To determine whether you qualify under the FBI's drug policy, please answer the following questions. If you answer "YES" to any of these questions, you should NOT apply for FBI employment.:[/size]
  2. [size=-1]Have you used marijuana more than a total of 15 times in your life?[/size]
  3. [size=-1]Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?[/size]
  4. [size=-1]Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) more than a total of five times in your life?[/size]
  6. [size=-1]Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago)while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?"[/size]
Source: http://www.fbi.gov/employment/policies.htm  http://www.fbi.gov/employ.../policies.htm
#*%@ that +$%!

Originally Posted by IIcn

[size=-1]"To determine whether you qualify under the FBI's drug policy, please answer the following questions. If you answer "YES" to any of these questions, you should NOT apply for FBI employment.:[/size]
Source: http://www.fbi.gov/employment/policies.htm  http://www.fbi.gov/employ.../policies.htm
Oooookkkkk. I guess they changed the mj requirements in the last few years. I talked with an FBI agent in high school for some career night!%##%*!+, and he said if you smoked more than 7 times you're DQ'd. I still wouldnt qualify
smh.gif
smile.gif

I'll tell you this, I work as a engineer contractor for NASA and the background check for ME was extensive. I can't even image what they put FBIrecruits through.

This is what I know you will fill out at the minimal.

85P or related document: Basically, the examine the last 10 years of your life with full scrutiny.
-Every address you lived at and a DIFFERENT non-family reference for every address
-Reference at every school you attended
-Reference at every job
-3 additional references that weren't listed before
-Your immediate family info.
-Your criminal background...including every crime (yes misdemeanors and traffic tickets).
- Drug history

The thing about the references is that the government will contact EVERY reference and family you list and send them a questionnaire about yourself. Thequestionnaires must ALL be filled out before you get hired. So you obviously need to

- Pick real people
- Pick people who will either lie for you or not make you look bad
- Know every references CURRENT address and phone number so the government can contact them.

That was the hardest part for me, having like 15 people, getting their current addresses and getting people who will send back the questionaires in areasonable time frame.

If you have a shady past, I'd just forget about it. It will blow up in your face eventually. And thats just the 85P, FBI recruits probably have to getvetted in a more extensive manner.

Back
Top Bottom