Anybody play Metal Gear Rising yet?

Copped and waiting at work too. I also got the Cyborg Ninja skin DLC so I was sold just on that fact alone.
I didn't know pre-orders get this skin. Just checked my receipt and I got the code.
pimp.gif

I love hack and slash if done correctly (God of War, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta -story sucked but gameplay was ridiculous). Its also made by Platinum games (which i approve of)

How was the new DMC? I hate the dev team that made that one so I havent even given it a chance). A good hack and slash game is hard to make, so why trust amateurs with the franchise that many consider to be the best?

Last edited:
Lets put it this way.... This is the type of game IMO that you buy because of the name and rush through just to beat it.

Last edited:
That lamp is sick. I'll wait for a price cut on the limited edition to grab it. Not paying $150. If they sell out before then, ohh well

Bought it yesterday and played it for a few hours.

I'll just type up random thoughts:

-DmC is better than this game in every category (graphics, controls, ambience, art style,etc). It almost makes MGR look incomplete but it's still a decent game so far.

-You can destroy entire enviroments with your sword, so much so that you can actually destory bridges to places you need to go and have to restart because you can't proceed.

-If you don't like QTE, you might want to skip this game. Platinum Games always infuses hella QTE scenarios into it's games. I've already encountered like 5 or so.

-The story so far makes zero sense. I'm not even paying attention to it, just killing everything in sight.

-It comes with a downloadable code to play as Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja from MGS!

-This game is really, really hard.

-It's even harder because I'm so used to DmC's control scheme. I keep tapping R1 to evade and subsequently dying lol.

Overall, it's a decent purchase, especially at a slow time of year such as now. Devout MGS fans aren't missing much if they choose to skip as this game has little to nothing to do with the actual MGS storyline besides a few familiar characters and terms.

I'm only 2 levels in so my thoughts could change.

it's not metal gear SOLID, it's metal gear RISING.

reviews are mixed. appears to be a solid game, similar to DMC. i'm not gonna bother though, i think i've outgrown most games... i feel old...
CS 1.6, CSS and CSGO are the only games i still play
Same here but I only find interest in GOTY caliber games and nba 2k

Same here but I only find interest in GOTY caliber games and nba 2k

I think I have too

All I'm gonna get is mgs ground zeroes and gta 5 and ill prolly be done for a whole. And whatever cod infinity ward makes

man this is one hard game to play... i just started playing it and i died maybe 20 times... the controls are awkward and the camera sucks.. and this game doesnt seem anything like a real MGS game... feels like ninja gaiden mixed with DMC... and i wold rather play DMC over this game good thing i rented this and it was a free rent!!!!

So they skipped over the storyline which would make every hardcore MGS fan buy the game. And then they made a super super hard hack and lash

No money from me. Not even attention. Peace out I'm going the YouTube route.

Last edited:
I like it but **** is short as hell... Wait for it to go on sell though.... If u played MSG 2&4 a certain character shows up.... If u are a fan of the mgs universe and just want to play a mindless hack and slash after a hard day I recommend;story is trash doe

Back
Top Bottom