Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

Considering my favorite player is Patrick Ewing... I know what not winning a championship does to a career when people judge and rank it... so I'd like to see Dirk and Kidd get their ring so they don't get unfairly separated from those who have won.

Then again I'm a Lebron fan, so I'd love to see him get his... plus to silence all of the criticism would be great to see.

Dirk played too well against OKC to not deserve a ring, so he's got my backing even though I hate Jason Kidd (could just be, though, that I hate Lebron more).

Dirk played too well against OKC to not deserve a ring, so he's got my backing even though I hate Jason Kidd (could just be, though, that I hate Lebron more).

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

subtle "i hope bosh doesnt get a ring" thread
Actually as much as I dislike that shirley temple drinking sissy I want to see LeBron win multiple rings. I think its inevitable the Heat will win atleast 2 rings in the coming 5-6 years but they have time on their side where as this Mavs team might not come this close again.
yeah you're probably right about that. ill happily root against the Heat though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by EvansST

Nope because the Dirk hype is going to go past hyperbole.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
This isn't 2001. He's an adequate defender, rebounder and is killing other teams with his passes.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

subtle "i hope bosh doesnt get a ring" thread
Actually as much as I dislike that shirley temple drinking sissy I want to see LeBron win multiple rings. I think its inevitable the Heat will win atleast 2 rings in the coming 5-6 years but they have time on their side where as this Mavs team might not come this close again.
yeah you're probably right about that. ill happily root against the Heat though.
laugh.gif

This isn't 2001. He's an adequate defender, rebounder and is killing other teams with his passes.

Dirk and Kidd both deserve a ring. Dudes have been warriors for years.

Just hope $tern doesn't meddle.

Dirk and Kidd both deserve a ring. Dudes have been warriors for years.

Just hope $tern doesn't meddle.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I doubt it. The majority of America hate Dirk and the Mavs...not on NT but I'm sure a lot of casual fans probably would rather see LeBron win it all vs. the Mavs. In fact, I really don't think the hate for LeBron and the Heat is as strong as people think.
I think you got that backwards.

I'm pretty sure the basketball world sans Heat/LeBron/Wade fans are behind Dirk and the Mavs at this point.
laugh.gif

All of that.

I don't have a rooting interest in either team but
seeing NT implode if the Heat win it all wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I doubt it. The majority of America hate Dirk and the Mavs...not on NT but I'm sure a lot of casual fans probably would rather see LeBron win it all vs. the Mavs. In fact, I really don't think the hate for LeBron and the Heat is as strong as people think.
I think you got that backwards.

I'm pretty sure the basketball world sans Heat/LeBron/Wade fans are behind Dirk and the Mavs at this point.
laugh.gif

All of that.

I don't have a rooting interest in either team but
seeing NT implode if the Heat win it all wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
laugh.gif

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if JKidd and Dirk got themselves a ring.
They swept us, they embarrassed us, they pissed me off, they made every 3 point shot they took...

but still, I respect the way they have taken care of business in these playoffs and don't mind seeing Cuban get a ring for everything he has given to the city of Dallas this last decade. 

Don't get me wrong...I still wish we were there, but I don't mind them winning.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if JKidd and Dirk got themselves a ring.
They swept us, they embarrassed us, they pissed me off, they made every 3 point shot they took...

but still, I respect the way they have taken care of business in these playoffs and don't mind seeing Cuban get a ring for everything he has given to the city of Dallas this last decade. 

Don't get me wrong...I still wish we were there, but I don't mind them winning.

I want to see Dirk win a ring. Was always a fan of his and am happy that he finally has manned up offensively and doesn't just shoot 3s all game.

I want to see Dirk win a ring. Was always a fan of his and am happy that he finally has manned up offensively and doesn't just shoot 3s all game.

Originally Posted by PMatic

We shall see in the finals.

Originally Posted by PMatic

We shall see in the finals.

If they weren't likely to play the Heat I'd root for them.

Cuban is one of the best owners in all of sports. He puts so much money into the team and he cares about winning more than anything else. he has a good relationship with his players.

I would love for Dirk to get a ring because before these playoffs I really felt like Dirk's career was underrated. People really didn't realize just how special he was. A ring would make a lot of people take a second look at him.

If they weren't likely to play the Heat I'd root for them.

Cuban is one of the best owners in all of sports. He puts so much money into the team and he cares about winning more than anything else. he has a good relationship with his players.

I would love for Dirk to get a ring because before these playoffs I really felt like Dirk's career was underrated. People really didn't realize just how special he was. A ring would make a lot of people take a second look at him.

Yeah, he's now carried a bunch of scrubs to a Finals appearance TWICE because he only does one thing well and doesn't make people better.

Yeah, he's now carried a bunch of scrubs to a Finals appearance TWICE because he only does one thing well and doesn't make people better.

Back
Top Bottom