Another tipping thread.

I'm curious, are y'all tipping during COVID-19 for takeout?

Typically I only tip for dine-in..but now that is impossible. Quite the conundrum :nerd:
I still only tip for dine in service. Since everything is take out only I don’t see the need to add more to my bill. What extra service am I paying for if I’m just taking my food to go?

Man today is not the day.
If I dine in and eat, you can ask for a tip.
If I roll through SONIC, you can ask for a tip.
If I roll through a damn Drive Through where I’m doing all the work and you’re just taking my money that I give you for food, don’t give me a God Damn receipt with a tip line and look at me like I owe you a ****ing tip.
I just paid you 8bucks for a Burger, and 3.19 for a small fry, and 2.99 for an Iced Tea, a tip line for ****ing what?!
Johnnie Charcoal Burger, you ****** is wilding.
FOH

:lol: Fast food spots near you have Tip Lines man?

:lol: Fast food spots near you have Tip Lines man?
**** got me so damn hot right now.
Almost cancelled my order.
I went to a little (non Franchise) Burrito spot this morning for breakfast, got three burritos and 3 coffee, they had a damn tip line and a tip jar glued to the drive through window sill, what TF is life?

a-friend a-friend come on out to Scissortail Park before 10pm and support black, Weekend Girl OKC food truck is out there. She has a tip line and s tip jar taped to her **** too though so be prepared. And parking is a mess if you tryna park in a free spot. Most everything is fried or based around a fried chicken sandwich, but she got the auntie arms and the how did she get that ring on fingers so you already knew it was about to be legit. I saw Bobo's out on ne 23rd and Fonshill too

storm2006 storm2006

a-friend a-friend come on out to Scissortail Park before 10pm and support black, Weekend Girl OKC food truck is out there. She has a tip line and s tip jar taped to her **** too though so be prepared. And parking is a mess if you tryna park in a free spot. Most everything is fried or based around a fried chicken sandwich, but she got the auntie arms and the how did she get that ring on fingers so you already knew it was about to be legit. I saw Bobo's out on ne 23rd and Fonshill too

storm2006 storm2006

Ayyyyyyo, that Sadie Chicken Sdwh is the Business bruh….man I ended up getting sick trying to smash a 2nd one.😅

The messaging around the eradication of tips also made some current and former baristas feel as though they were misleading customers. Six Compass employees at different locations say they were trained to tell customers who asked about tipping that Compass raised its drink prices so that tips weren’t necessary. Compass co-owner Michael Haft says that messaging isn’t a part of the official training documents.

A memo that went out to Compass employees before the change went into effect on March 1, 2020, stated that the decision was based on a comprehensive customer survey and evaluation of their tipping rates. (The memo was sent before the pandemic began to impact D.C.)

“We have determined that the majority of our customers tip out of a sense of obligation rather than genuine individual desire,” the memo said. “We have decided that, going forward, the price on the menu will be inclusive of customer service.”

The messaging around the eradication of tips also made some current and former baristas feel as though they were misleading customers. Six Compass employees at different locations say they were trained to tell customers who asked about tipping that Compass raised its drink prices so that tips weren’t necessary. Compass co-owner Michael Haft says that messaging isn’t a part of the official training documents.

A memo that went out to Compass employees before the change went into effect on March 1, 2020, stated that the decision was based on a comprehensive customer survey and evaluation of their tipping rates. (The memo was sent before the pandemic began to impact D.C.)

“We have determined that the majority of our customers tip out of a sense of obligation rather than genuine individual desire,” the memo said. “We have decided that, going forward, the price on the menu will be inclusive of customer service.”

I'd rather everyone do this. Raise the price of items on the menu and pay your workers.

I went to eat the other day. Service was decent, nothing special, but they were understaffed and I could tell my server was doing the best she could do juggling a bunch of tables.

When I paid, I offered to tip via zelle, cash up, PayPal directly to her if she had any of those and was cool with that since I wanted everything to go to her rather than having to potentially share it with the other employees if that’s how they did things. I legit made this ladies day lol. She took a few things off my bill and told me to ask for her whenever I come back and I’ll be well taken care of.

Wasn’t trying to get a hookup or anything like that. But ima start doing this more often when the waiter/waitress is fine with it. If the service is good, I rather them get all the $$. F the cooks and the other servers lol.

I really feel like they will spit in my food for 0 tip, FastFood or not.
Stopped at the TACO SHOP today for some Asada Fries,……"give me card", $11.29 total…she of course says “can you sign this for me please” which ALWAYS MEANS that there is a tip line.
Drive Through Taco Shop that charges 10.99 for Steak Fries, and you want a tip? FOH
DD0D7FD2-AF91-4242-8ADC-71AEE62186C3.jpeg

Last edited:
I really feel like they will spit in my food for 0 tip, FastFood or not.
Stopped at the TACO SHOP today for some Asada Fries,……"give me card", $11.29 total…she of course says “can you sign this for me please” which ALWAYS MEANS that there is a tip line.
Drive Through Taco Shop that charges 10.99 for Steak Fries, and you want a tip? FOH
DD0D7FD2-AF91-4242-8ADC-71AEE62186C3.jpeg

You need to add some vertical and diagonal lines on that tip line.

You also need to lower your horizontal line down some because you left them space to write in some numbers

Back
Top Bottom