Another Paul Mooney Interview Vol. Quotables For Days

http://www.youtube.com/v/LE-WzpdlZY...=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fshttp://www.youtube.com/v/LE-WzpdlZY...=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs ? http://www.youtube.com/v/LE-WzpdlZY...=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fshttp://www.youtube.com/v/LE-WzpdlZY...=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

See that's why we made the best slaves. Black people. We-we're-we're strong. The heat! We picked thatcotton.
Well we don't want to go back to slavery
I do. We were much freer then. We had babies. You wanna stay here in this? This is truly mental slavery. It's muchcrueler than physical.
Right but Obama is in the White House. He's changing that now.
But you see, you sound just like some white man. I'm suppose to be happy because we have one black president? One!?I'm not excited. White folks had 43. Give me 43 black ones and then I'll get excited.
Cuz what goes around comes around. You can have all that but I can't?
Mmm Okay, okay.
It's like you can wear Nikes but I can't wear them and if I wear them I'm suppose to be excited now, Cuz youkept them from me.... No. It doesn't work that way with me.

Appreciated. Go ahead and argue or w/e

He's funny, but he ain't joking.

I've felt the same way about Beyoncé since she came out. The chick has no class...

Everything else he said was dead on too.

Oprah's a danger to us. Oprah's Aunt Jemima with a degree.
Damn
laugh.gif

thing is some times Paul is actally joking but you can't tell cuz the man is usually just being himself. The humor is so innate.

Great points brought up. I've always respected his opinion.

"Well I have a question for you $#+!%... Where are your TEEF $#+!%?!"

man, i had a conversation with paul mooney once. dude is straight hilarious. always speaks the truth.

Yall are crazy, A man says something emotionally laced and controversial and somehow he's BEING REAL? Get outta here, this dude says he wants to go back toslavery. Get Real. He defends kanye's classless, inappropriate act. Get real, that has nothing to do with race. Paul Mooney is a Joke and he proved it withthis interview.

yall will nod your head to anything
smh.gif

I think the slavery thing flew over your head Cz7...

Read between the lines. He was saying that at least then our limits were clearly pronounced and that there wasn't the facade that black people are equal towhites as there is now.

He's right about mental slavery. Our chains are still there they just painted them with freedom...

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Read between the lines. He was saying that at least then our limits were clearly pronounced and that there wasn't the facade that black people are equal to whites as there is now.

He's right about mental slavery. Our chains are still there they just painted them with freedom...
trust me I know this man does not want to be chained up on plantation picking cotton, atleast I hope I'm right in assuming that. But to evensuggest that notion is a bit absurd given the gruesome history of slavery.

I don't know about you bro, or even if you're black, but I can out do anything any white person can do, and theres precedent that it can be done.I'm not using the crutch of "we're free, but yeah not really". Mental slavery is colorblind in this country, and you can certainly freeyourself if you are so inclined to think for yourself.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Read between the lines. He was saying that at least then our limits were clearly pronounced and that there wasn't the facade that black people are equal to whites as there is now.

trust me I know this man does not want to be chained up on plantation picking cotton, atleast I hope I'm right in assuming that. But to even suggest that notion is a bit absurd given the gruesome history of slavery.

I don't know about you bro, or even if you're black, but I can out do anything any white person can do, and theres precedent that it can be done. I'm not using the crutch of "we're free, but yeah not really". Mental slavery is colorblind in this country, and you can certainly free yourself if you are so inclined to think for yourself.
You underestimate mental slavery greatly. Also if you've already made that assumption I don't get your first post in this thread at allunless you think only you made that assumption.

As for the second part they didn't make every African a slave. If you get what I'm saying, but if not it's good that your confident in your ownabilities. I can kinda see you'd probably need to actually talk with the man to understand what he's saying.

YO!
Originally Posted by Cz7

you can certainly free yourself if you are so inclined to think for yourself

I was with you up until then...

I'm a free thinking man no doubt. But I ain't equal. I know a whole bunch of rich +!%*!+... no wealthy ones, though.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by Cz7

trust me I know this man does not want to be chained up on plantation picking cotton, atleast I hope I'm right in assuming that. But to even suggest that notion is a bit absurd given the gruesome history of slavery.

I don't know about you bro, or even if you're black, but I can out do anything any white person can do, and theres precedent that it can be done. I'm not using the crutch of "we're free, but yeah not really". Mental slavery is colorblind in this country, and you can certainly free yourself if you are so inclined to think for yourself.

Buz Killington to the rescue
Paul Mooney is the man, though

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Cz7

You underestimate mental slavery greatly. Also if you've already made that assumption I don't get your first post int his thread at all unless you think only you made that assumption.

As for the second part they didn't make every African a slave. If you get what I'm saying but if not it's good that your confident in your own abilities. I can kinda see you'd probably need to actually talk with the man to understand what he's saying.
I don't think I was the only one who made that assumption, but again I hope I am right in assuming even that.

What is it that I underestimate about mental slavery? that you cannot be emancipated from it?

But I ain't equal

Come on Ant, you're not equal because here you are admitting to be so. Thats mental slavery.

Buz Killington to the rescue
Paul Mooney is the man, though

yeah but Mooney says we're all mental zombies to our white slave masters, and I'm the buzz kill

Originally Posted by Cz7

Not even close
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by Cz7

Not even close
tired.gif
If youre disagreeing with him, youre almost proving his point. Mentally youre declaring it impossible, so obviously nothing will change.

The mentality changes the circumstances.

YO! I was hoping you wouldn't take that as my literal self-assessment. I'm the smartest S.O.B. in every room I walk into because I sayso. Been that way since I was reading books about Nat Turner, Ralph Bunche, and George Washington Carver in 3rd grade...

Only thing is... most of the people in the room don't see it that way. Not when my face doesn't look like theirs. DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom