Another Paul Mooney Interview Vol. Quotables For Days

Originally Posted by Master Zik

http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Racism definitely has a different definition to yall nowadays.

Getting mad over a dude doing his job and telling it how it is. So quick to label. Check out the RACISM IS HERE TO STAY VID as well
laugh.gif
No hope for us. Dudes are arguing AGAINST progressive thinking mindsets
Man aint noting progressive about saying just do this or just do that or just think this way.

Yea, but the whole 'I'm a victim they don't like me' mindset will really get people far. Keep feeling sorry for yourself.

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

he sounds real ignorant

he doesn't care that the president is black because there has only been one?

a pregnant mexican woman dies from the heat of picking something in the heat and he says that's why blacks made the best slaves?

everything he said about slavery was stupid
Failure to separate a joke from a serious statement and understanding what he was really saying.

I swear ppl only hear what they want to hear. Nobody ever asks themselves why they feel some type of way when they hear something they disagree with ordislike? Ever try to see it from multiple viewpoints? It's like you didn't even get what the whole black president part pertained to.
Originally Posted by Cz7

Man yall throw that word around so much especially when race is being discussed in a truthful and in this case a comedic light.
MAYBE, if this was a stand up show, and even then I wouldn't really concede to this being purely in "comedic light". It's obvious hes a comedian and is making some fun, but I also think it's obvious he might really think these things or at least the concepts behind them outside of a comedic situation.
and to dude, its not about bowing down, its about realizing the situation at hand and acting accordingly.
sounds like bowing down to me.
You must've missed my earlier post about Paul being innately funny but then again if I lived my life making judgments on others just from whatI see or hear sure a whole lot of ppl would be a lot of things.

And what's bowing down about doing things in a methodical manner?
Yea, but the whole 'I'm a victim they don't like me' mindset will really get people far. Keep feeling sorry for yourself.
That hasn't been said in this thread and that's not what this is about. If this is the conclusion you came to w/e. Nobody is preaching"feeling sorry for yourself"

If anything every time Mooney tells jokes based on race or does an interview he's really trying to make ppl aware of reality. It's a wake up call. Ifyou really think Mooney is saying "I'm a victim they don't like me" you aint thinking about what you should be listening to. It's morelike "Yall $*%+#$#***#%+ don't like me, you smile in my face but I know you don't like me. I won't be fooled a second time. That's whyI'm going to keep doing what I'm doing no matter how much it upsets you."

http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YpJ9AimN9c8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Racism definitely has a different definition to yall nowadays.

Getting mad over a dude doing his job and telling it how it is. So quick to label. Check out the RACISM IS HERE TO STAY VID as well
laugh.gif
No hope for us. Dudes are arguing AGAINST progressive thinking
mindsets
Man aint noting progressive about saying just do this or just do that or just think this way.

orson%20clapping.gif

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

SMH at some of you forgetting that he's a comedian too.
that's ALL he is. I don't even see what you guys are arguing about. He makes jokes.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

SMH at some of you forgetting that he's a comedian too.
that's ALL he is. I don't even see what you guys are arguing about. He makes jokes.
the man is not making jokes, he is using a comedic medium to comment on social issues. The other vid that zik posted, dude is not making jokesthere.

what is progressive then? honest question

It's actually doing it not just saying do it.

Yall should also check out Paul mooney's analyzing White America on youtube. Full hour of entertainment.

Zik are the vids on YouTube?

I can't see the enbeded stuff on my phone.

what is progressive then? honest question
It's actually doing it not just saying do it.

Yall should also check out Paul mooney's analyzing White America on youtube. Full hour of entertainment.

would you not then concede that saying or thinking to do it is aprogressive mindset, thats what I think DatZNasty was getting at

and that doing it is then progressive behavior or action.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I can't see the embedded stuff on my phone.
Yea it is. Just search Paul Mooney to see it or search Paul Mooney racist to see the vids commenting on if he's the racist one.
would you not then concede that saying or thinking to do it is a progressive mindset, thats what I think DatZNasty was getting at

I'd say it isn't progressive until something is done. You can have all the radical revolutionary thoughts in your head all your life but if you don't act on it how can it be progressive? In this sense the idea and actions are what's needed.

You can call ppl talking about doing something progressive behavior but it don't mean @!#* if they don't do it.

What you and DatZNasty were talking about isn't something I disagree with. I was focused on how it's going to actually happen. Just saying "I am free from mental slavery" won't change anything and even if you are and act upon it the ultimate goal should be all ppl being freed from that slavery not just you and a few others who then in turn pity those who don't or ignore them. You shouldn't be saying "Oh they're too busy feeling sorry for themself why even do anything about it?" If you treat this like every man for themselves there's no way it can be progressive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I can't see the embedded stuff on my phone.
Yea it is. Just search Paul Mooney to see it or search Paul Mooney racist to see the vids commenting on if he's the racist one.
would you not then concede that saying or thinking to do it is a progressive mindset, thats what I think DatZNasty was getting at

I'd say it isn't progressive until something is done. You can have all the radical revolutionary thoughts in your head all your life but if you don't act on it how can it be progressive? In this sense the idea and actions are what's needed.

You can call ppl talking about doing something progressive behavior but it don't mean @!#* if they don't do it.

What you and DatZNasty were talking about isn't something I disagree with. I was focused on how it's going to actually happen. Just saying "I am free from mental slavery" won't change anything and even you are and act upon it the ultimate goal should be all ppl being freed from that slavery not just you and a few others who then in turn pity those who don't or ignore them. You shouldn't be saying "Oh they're too busy feeling sorry for himself why even do anything about it?" If you treat this like every man for themselves there's no way it can be progressive.

Cz7 he is a comedian you just don't think they are jokes. Just because its not why did the chicken cross the road and a little controversial doesn'tmean its not a joke. We all know most jokes have some truth in them like stereotypes anyway are at least we should.

There were a few things that went over some of you all heads.

There is a reason that blacks were unable to read and write.

The joke about Obama went over some heads too.

There has to be a movement. A movement toward liberty, but if 90% of people feel they have liberty, then it isnt going to work. Those are the shackles ofmental slavery. Blacks, Whites, Arab's, Hispanic's all are cuffed. The fact that he put it in black and white and some still cant see it speaks to thedepths of the problem.

Too many people want to play the game, not understanding that they can change the game.

paul mooney is funny as hell. Slavery was horrible but compared to the holocaust its a walk in the park.

Oprah's a danger to us. Oprah's Aunt Jemima with a degree.
Damn
laugh.gif

thing is some times Paul is actally joking but you can't tell cuz the man is usually just being himself. The humor is so innate.

roll.gif
"I'm not gonna run for president, I'm gonna run" I'm gonna buy dude's book though.

Originally Posted by wren32

paul mooney is funny as hell. Slavery was horrible but compared to the holocaust its a walk in the park.

now why would you come in here and say some off the cuff, non-sequitur, unnecessarily controversial stuff like that
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

now why would you come in here and say some off the cuff, non-sequitur, unnecessarily controversial stuff like that
indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred forthem. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves forthe most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.

indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred for them. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves for the most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.
look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your pointthat it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here? if youre jonesin that bad for attention gowrite a book or something.

indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred for them. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves for the most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.
look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your point that it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here?

Dingbat? haven't heard that in a while lol the point is people cant take a joke for what it is and they think that slavery is the end all be all of badthings that have happened in the world and its not. Take what the man said for what it is and laugh cuz it could be alot worse.

indifferent.gif

look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your point that it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here?

Dingbat? haven't heard that in a while lol the point is people cant take a joke for what it is and they think that slavery is the end all be all of bad things that have happened in the world and its not. Take what the man said for what it is and laugh cuz it could be alot worse.

listen here, you whimsical vagabond. I have never in my life seen a more unnecessary comparison. first off, Holocaust lasted all but how long? Blacks still inchains today.

6 milliion died by ovens now? Not true brody. Most, if not all, were by starvation, a death which some slaves would have killed for. Why bring up the imagry ofovens though? Do you know what it's like to have your scrotum cut off, then fed to you while you are hung from a noose? Cuz I am sure my duke Abraham wasgetting that same treatment behind bars? Not likely, and atleast the Jews knew what it was like to be free. Atleast they had freedom, a decision made for byslaves. Born into slavery, do you have any idea how powerful that belief system is? How detrimental that frame of mind, can cause generations? At the end ofthe day, they were both horrible, but 400 years of slavery >>>>>>. You dingbat.

Back
Top Bottom