and we're done

was just about to post the D'antoni article
laugh.gif

Knicks defense finally showed signs of the team we saw in November. And it produced one eye-opening stat. Aside from holding one of the NBA's top offenses (third-highest ppg at 105.2) to 83 points, the Knicks interior defense was strong.

With the Tyson Chandler-Marcus Camby tandem starting in the frontcourt, the Knicks held the Spurs to just 12 Points in the Paint for the entire game.

This is significant because the Knicks have struggled lately with interior defense and the Spurs came into the game as the fourth-best in the NBA in Points in the Paint (44.7 per game)

Now imagine when we get shumpert back and guards cant penetrate with ease..

Shutouts?????????

absolutely. if we could take points away i'd say negatives.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Starks has more heart but JR is more talented

He went 1-18, **** his heart

:rofl:

“I think it’s great,” D’Antoni said Thursday after the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice. “I think it’s great that he’s listening. He might have forgotten that Mike Woodson was also running the defense the last year I was there, so I don’t know if he just didn’t pick that year to listen. But Amar’e’s great. Sometimes you say things, but hopefully, that’s another step he can take forward and help his game. That would be great.”

Pringles is a lot funnier, when you know the fate of your favorite team isn't in his hands. :lol:

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks
Inside coach Mike Woodson's office as he joins @RyanRuocco & @stephenasmith on @ESPNNY98_7FM #Knicks pic.twitter.com/mXPU2y15

Missed the game, but how do you guys like Camby playing PF ? That sounds really good, but i pictured Camby+Amare off the bench to be the second unit ?

well considering we were all mad at the bad defensive starts, i don't see how someone could be mad about the camby/tyson line up

KIDD
SHUMP
BREWER
CAMBY
TYSON

WE WOULDN't SCORE, BUT THEY WOULDNT EITHER. 5OT.

Camby and Kidd are both slow.

That lineup would let the opponent score a little. Penetrating point guards that play with teams that'll spread the floor will score on that line up. i.e. Portland Trailblazers

when shump comes back to 100% the lineup will be as follow... im still not buying into melo as a 4... the knicks have a good record right now but i dont think they will continue to be as good in the long run and in the playoffs... melo playing the 4 will take its toll and we need him to focus on offense and not exert too much effort on 4s banging on him every game pause... plus our rebounding already sucks as it is... this melo amare combo has to work for us to win a chip... and kidd is too slow to guard opposing guards on defense... he can be our starting 2 on the bench...btw that knicks song is trash... the old 1>new1

felton
shump
melo
amare
tyson

bench
pablo
kidd
swish
novak
camby

Last edited:
^ Amare will eventually start, but not anytime soon. His conditioning is still way off. Not to mention, his game time rhythm is off as well.

You have to put Wallace in the PF spot with the second unit and JR has to be the SG. Prigioni will have to share his min with Kidd at the PG spot.

I also think if we're trying to get into a defensive mindset, we'll need to put Copeland in the game sometimes as well. Maybe he share mins with Wallace? Also, as much as I hate Brewer on offense, he's a damn good perimeter defender. We'll have to figure out a way to insert him into games during key moments. Probably do what Thibadou does with the Bulls. He takes out Boozer during key defensive moments and inserts Gibson. Only difference is that Gibson is a competent offensive player sometimes.

If Shumpert was a good passer and decision maker, he'd be our PG and we'd be able to put in Brewer at the SG position.

Here's my line up(s):

Starting

Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Second Unit:
Kidd/Prigioni
J.R.
Novak/Brewer
Wallace/Copeland
Camby

Now, in terms on closing out games--It'll depend on what we'll need. Obviously, Shumpert/JR and Novak/Brewer will all be interchanged based on needs.

Last edited:
Shump shouldn't be guaranteed to start. Especially when they are doing so well with Kidd at the 2

But when he is healthy he should get 30+ mins

Yea I knew that lol but why not the fantastic four or captain America? Lol

But seriously, why spiderman? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom