and we're done

That Windmill dunk by JR 8)

Good to see Pablo coming through strong aswell, When we signed him I thought it was a good deal having watched him in the past

I knew what video that was before I saw the preview.:lol:

I still remember falling to the ground after that play. Literally fell to the ground.:lol:

but that was do to old age...

I only saw the second half last night, but I liked what I saw from Stat defensively. He was really trying out there. I saw maybe one play where he spaced out. It was while defending the P&R. He showed then just ran straight back to his man as the ball handler just followed him (Stat) to the basket.

True. I couldn't get up. Had to hit the life alert.

And I know the exact play you're talking about. Drive me crazy. He stood there damn near under the rim facing the baseline as someone casually drove and scored on a lay up.:smh:

How are you an NBA vet and don't know to see your man and see the ball at all times?:lol:

True. I couldn't get up. Had to hit the life alert.

And I know the exact play you're talking about. Drive me crazy. He stood there damn near under the rim facing the baseline as someone casually drove and scored on a lay up.:smh:

How are you an NBA vet and don't know to see your man and see the ball at all times?:lol:

"I was never taught defense.. or long division" - Amar'e Kieth Stoudemire

Knicks defense finally showed signs of the team we saw in November. And it produced one eye-opening stat. Aside from holding one of the NBA's top offenses (third-highest ppg at 105.2) to 83 points, the Knicks interior defense was strong.

With the Tyson Chandler-Marcus Camby tandem starting in the frontcourt, the Knicks held the Spurs to just 12 Points in the Paint for the entire game.

This is significant because the Knicks have struggled lately with interior defense and the Spurs came into the game as the fourth-best in the NBA in Points in the Paint (44.7 per game)

Now imagine when we get shumpert back and guards cant penetrate with ease...

Knicks defense finally showed signs of the team we saw in November. And it produced one eye-opening stat. Aside from holding one of the NBA's top offenses (third-highest ppg at 105.2) to 83 points, the Knicks interior defense was strong.

With the Tyson Chandler-Marcus Camby tandem starting in the frontcourt, the Knicks held the Spurs to just 12 Points in the Paint for the entire game.

This is significant because the Knicks have struggled lately with interior defense and the Spurs came into the game as the fourth-best in the NBA in Points in the Paint (44.7 per game)

Now imagine when we get shumpert back and guards cant penetrate with ease..

Shutouts?????????

Shutouts?????????

absolutely. if we could take points away i'd say negatives.

Shutouts?????????

absolutely. if we could take points away i'd say negatives.

Last edited:
I posted this on twitter and I know you guys all follow me, but I wanted to open up in this thread:

JR Smith > Starks. Come at me bros.

Knicks interior defense was good last night. but the Spurs just couldnt buy a basket.

i dont know the stats, but the Spurs took a bunch of uncontested corner 3s. they didnt go in, but they were really good looks. and most of them happened with a PnR with TP and Duncan. the defender helping out with Duncan, then leaving the corner man wide open.

im not liking how much we switch on defense either. another reason why they had good looks

i dont really expect this defense to hold up against any other team. and when Duncan was playing, he'd score easily on Tyson smh

I'm glad Priggy Smalls is getting more PT. Dudes games is smooth, and plays pretty good defense. He's slow and not very athletic, but homey has game. I just wish he would shoot more when he breaks down the defense instead of getting all the to the hoop and passing it, **** really irks me. :lol:

What a game last night.

We finally looked like we did to start season.
Defense was tight
Loved Camby in the starting lineup
Amar'e had some good minutes and made a few plays. Still rusty and had some bad plays but he's still getting back. Always loved his aggressiveness
Novak was finally hitting shots, felt like he hasn't shot like that in weeks.
JR is getting good minutes.

If we can stick to this style and keep it up throughout the year, NBA Finals.....I don't give a **** what anyone says.

Starks played better defense. Granted you were able to get away with a lot more back then.

A part of me still wishes they kept hand checking in, but then they'd have to do something about zone defense. Hand checking + zone defense= games finishing around 60-70 points :lol:

Starks was better than JR on defense. Prob smarter too.

But JR is immensely more talented. Starks was bagging groceries.

Mike D'Antoni responded to comments made this week by Amar'e Stoudemire suggesting he had never been taught defense during his entire NBA career.

D'Antoni has been Stoudemire's primary coach between his time with the Suns and Knicks.

“I think it’s great,” D’Antoni said Thursday after the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice. “I think it’s great that he’s listening. He might have forgotten that Mike Woodson was also running the defense the last year I was there, so I don’t know if he just didn’t pick that year to listen. But Amar’e’s great. Sometimes you say things, but hopefully, that’s another step he can take forward and help his game. That would be great.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom