and we're done

So if we beat Indiana tomorrow, then the magic number is 1 for the 2 seed?

I think if we beat IND then it's all over.

Clyde said that Knicks are up and the Nets are beating IND. Then he went on to say that if the Nets hold on and beat them, we can put them out of their misery when we face them.

Last edited:
The thing is we might mess around and have to face BK in the second round

City is going to be a mad house. If it happens F Brooklyn

If I'm not mistaken, whoever wins the 4/5 matchup faces whoever wins the 1/8 matchup, so we won't see BK unless they beat Miani in the semis.

if bk were to beat the heat, alot of bandwagoners will arise :x then they would be talking trash about the knicks >D

if bk were to beat the heat, alot of bandwagoners will arise :x then they would be talking trash about the knicks >D

Would absolutely love it if BK beat the Heat, don't care about bandwagons fans, I'd take it. Knicks vs Nets ECF, then we'd really make the finals.

Not happening tho lol, Nets will get swept by the Heat.

Would absolutely love it if BK beat the Heat, don't care about bandwagons fans, I'd take it. Knicks vs Nets ECF, then we'd really make the finals.

Not happening tho lol, Nets will get swept by the Heat.

Knicks vs nets ecf would be crazy. This city would be turned up crazy :smokin

if nets and pacers finish with the same record, nets would be the 3rd seed, and placers the 4th.... could happen if knicks take care of business tomorrow

if nets and pacers finish with the same record, nets would be the 3rd seed, and placers the 4th.... could happen if knicks take care of business tomorrow

Nope, Division winners automatically get the top 3 seeds.

Seedings are pretty much set. Not gonna be much if any movement this last week.

The only thing that looks possible to change is 5/6 with the Hawks and the Bulls

Last edited:

The only thing that looks possible to change is 5/6 with the Hawks and the Bulls

You would be wrong,,,, division winners are guaranteed a top 4 seed...... just like the clippers winning the pacific division but denver nuggets are the 3rd seed as of right now and clippers would be 4th

You would be wrong,,,, division winners are guaranteed a top 4 seed...... just like the clippers winning the pacific division but denver nuggets are the 3rd seed as of right now and clippers would be 4th

Interesting. I thought it was top 3 but I must have understood the rule wrong. I dont think it will happen. But it would shape up for a real exciting 2nd round if it does.

Nets basically have to win out. And Pacers have to lose out. But it could happen.

Last edited:

It used to be top 3.

They changed the rule to top 4, because I think one year the Spurs had the most wins and the Mavs had the 2nd most, but since they were both in the same division and the other two divisions were guaranteed top 3, the Mavs got the 4th seed, with the 2nd best record. They ended up playing each other in the 2nd and the league realized it was ******** for the two teams with the best records to meet before the conference finals. Plus, I think whoever was the supposed to be the 5th seed tanked on purpose, and real obvious too, to avoid the Mavs.

Last edited:
Makes sense tho. Guess Ive just never seen in come into play too often. And Im not really paying attention to the west standings too much this year so yea. But its good to know.

Last edited:
In 1994, David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs entered his team’s final game locked in a battle with Shaquille O’Neal of the Orlando Magic for the league’s scoring title. Robinson, a veteran center, needed to score 4 more points than O’Neal to overtake him. Just to be safe, Robinson went on a tear, scoring a career-high 71 points — making him the fourth player to surpass 70 points in a game — and finishing with an average of 29.8 points a game. O’Neal could not match him, scoring 32 in his team’s finale and finishing with an average of 29.3.

With Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder having won three consecutive scoring titles, including coming from behind late last season to top Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers by 0.1 of a point a game, it is tempting to wonder if he could pull off a trick similar to Robinson’s by scoring a huge number of points in the season’s final game in hopes of passing Carmelo Anthony of the Knicks for the league lead.

Unfortunately for Durant, Anthony’s lead seems insurmountable. Through Friday, Anthony led Durant by 28.7 points a game to 28.1. Should those averages remain steady going into Wednesday’s action, Durant would need about 86 points to edge Anthony.

Honestly, I think Kevin Durant could care less about getting the scoring title. He doesn't even care that Westbrook shoots more than he does :lol:

It's pretty much settled, Melo can add a scoring champion patch to his lonely all-star game jacket now :lol:

Honestly, I think Kevin Durant could care less about getting the scoring title. He doesn't even care that Westbrook shoots more than he does :lol:

It's pretty much settled, Melo can add a scoring champion patch to his lonely all-star game jacket now :lol:
Woooooo!!!!!

Honestly, I think Kevin Durant could care less about getting the scoring title.
laugh.gif

Opps, my bad, you must be right. Kevin Durant cares about the scoring title.

Last night proved it - he dude took 11 shots, barely drove the ball to get to the free throw line, and scored 16 points against 4 rookies on the Blazers.

I'm wrong, he must be desperate to win his 4th in a row with that type of performance :lol:

Back
Top Bottom