and we're done

Right, I remember Melo and his Agent making him sign that longer extension in 2006. Five years instead of Four, he was the only one that did that. Seems fishy to me that Bron, Wade, or Bosh didn't do it either. But it's a big reach that the three amigos planned this before 2008. I'm sure he regrets doing that much, or maybe he doesn't cause he's still getti paid more than any of them.

Last edited:
Didn't they say Melo would've lost all of $5M over 5 years if he would've joined the Knicks under the new CBA in free agency? :lol:

That trade/signing to the summer of 2010 is where the "pieces you put around him" comes in.

Last edited:
Didn't they say Melo would've lost all of $5M over 5 years if he would've joined the Knicks under the new CBA in free agency? :lol:

That trade/signing to the summer of 2010 is where the "pieces you put around him" comes in.

No idea what his agent was thinking. In the end the Agent won, because Melo got his max contract before the CBA. But just like you said, putting the pieces around him in the summer of 2010 and keeping the pieces we had would have been ideal. :smh:

HTTB was right, we are cursed. Never get a break.

Right, I remember Melo and his Agent making him sign that longer extension in 2006. Five years instead of Four, he was the only one that did that. Seems fishy to me that Bron, Wade, or Bosh didn't do it either. But it's a big reach that the three amigos planned this before 2008. I'm sure he regrets doing that much, or maybe he doesn't cause he's still getti paid more than any of them.
This 
pimp.gif

Cp3 is coming here soon......................... :nerd:

If thru the graces of the good god above we're able to trade Stat for literally nothing before free-agency, maybe we can. Or maybe we can't because we'd still be over the cap (someone can answer this). He'd have a better shot at a ring with Melo and Tyson but Chris Paul doesn't look like he'd want to leave LA, even tho the Clippers have no shot at a championship.

1a. Lebron and Wade told Melo not to sign the longer deal because then they would all be FA's at the same time. Melo fired said agent.

1b. I believe the theory is that Wade and James came up with this plan during the 2004 Olympics. Bosh tagged along

2. Melo would've lost peanuts had he signed under the new CBA.

3. we got a good shot at getting Cliff Paul

Los, 2004, really? :lol:

I thought I was reaching when I speculated 2006 since Melo was the only one not to sign a 4 year deal.

Seems like its really 2008 tho, it makes sense - that was right after Boston got the big three and won a championship, the Olympics happened, Shaq left Wade and the Heat tanked, Toronto was garbage, LeBron didn't trust Cleveland front office. They probably made a pact or brought up the idea then. Melo just wasn't involved because of his contract. He was the odd man out. His agent is to blame, guess he got fired because of it.

1. Melo only signs to 2010, becomes free agent.

2. We sign STAT and Melo.

3. We trade for CP3....maybe sign Tyson first and trade Amar'e?

4. Unicorns

4. Unicorns

it might have been 2008, but then that doesn't take into account melo signing the longer deal. If you look back at it, Lebron hinted at going to Miami. "I think every team should retire the number 23"

What team has that jersey retired... Miami.

Just saying. Let me adjust my tinfoil hat.

4. Unicorns

Thats true, we'd probably still have signed Melo and Stat in 2010 all things considered. Unicorns is right. :lol:

it might have been 2008, but then that doesn't take into account melo signing the longer deal. If you look back at it, Lebron hinted at going to Miami. "I think every team should retire the number 23"

Right, he said that in 2009 tho, before Free-Agency. Melo's agent just ****** up. I'm convinced now. I'm sure he still feels like the odd-ball out tho.

4. Unicorns

Thats true, we'd probably still have signed Melo and Stat in 2010 all things considered. Unicorns is right. :lol:

Right, he said that in 2009 tho, before Free-Agency. Melo's agent just ****** up. I'm convinced now. I'm sure he still feels like the odd-ball out tho.

1a. Lebron and Wade told Melo not to sign the longer deal because then they would all be FA's at the same time. Melo fired said agent.

Was Darko in on it as well?

1b. I believe the theory is that Wade and James came up with this plan during the 2004 Olympics. Bosh tagged along

2. Melo would've lost peanuts had he signed under the new CBA.

3. we got a good shot at getting Cliff Paul

of course melo knew about the free agency plan with lebron, wade and bosh but did otherwise with his contract... this is melo he wanted the money at the time and didn't care that his contract was longer... but he still went to the team he wanted but it cost the team when they could have signed him after the cba ended without trading gallo and chandler....those 2 guys could have been flipped for cp3 easy with a couple draft picks and money... i still think chris paul wants to be on the knicks with melo because hes better than blake obviously but knows that a trade would be impossible...the only way to get chris is by signing him this summer... and to do that is by trading amare, novak, kidd and camby one by one or in a combination for only draft picks in return... houston seems like a good choice for amare because they get a star for just picks and they get better... sure he has bad knees but when healthy he is a good player and only has 2 years left on his contract... houston has 0 chance at getting dwight or cp3

I think that even after it was all said and done about 2010 FA, Melo and STAT would've both have been Knicks anyway.

On another note though, if we were healthy for two entire seasons like the Heat were, would be a different story.

I think that even after it was all said and done about 2010 FA, Melo and STAT would've both have been Knicks anyway.

On another note though, if we were healthy for two entire seasons like the Heat were, would be a different story.

Hypothetically yea it would have been a different story, we would have signed Melo and Stat, but we would have had Wilson, Gallo, and Mosgov. Assets that would have been valuable for the team and/or trade bait.

Whatever, ****** Unicorns bro.

(Going to start using that on a daily basis for the next couple weeks, for no good damn reason either. Thanks dude)

Last edited:
Pardon my battered Knicks fan syndrome kicking in but Chris Paul ain't coming to NY. Lets be cereal here, I like all of you would love to see CP in orange and blue but I think he gonna stay with the Clippers.

Last edited:
Los, how are we going to get anyone?

We signed Kidd, Novak, JR, Camby, and Felton all to multiple years. Unless we can figure out a way to send off Amare and Felton--I don't see us getting anyone in free agency.

Grunwald did a great move by giving all the guys we signed last Summer more money this year. Most the contracts gets smaller in terms of $'s.

If memory serves me correctly, CP3 is a free agent this Summer, correct? Or did he sign an extension?

Whatever the case is, the only way to sign CP3 is to trade Amare and Felton for practical nothing in return and the only way to do is to send them to team with cap space. Only teams that fit this bill are Houston, Sacramento, Charlotte and Phoenix. Cleveland and Utah can do it as well, but it would have be after July 1st when the 2014 fiscal year for the NBA starts.

Long story short--there's a super slim chance we sign CP3. Plus, I think CP3 loves where is he right now. He loves LA and he loves the organization (who would've guessed :lol: ), dude also loves his teammates. Too bad they don't have a shot at winning the championship with Blake Griffin and Jamal Crawford.

CP3, Melo and Tyson would've been an amazing trio. Dam shame it'll never.

Back
Top Bottom