*America's Best Dance Crew Thread* vol. Season 3

Who is Team Millenia? Where are they based out of? VA?

theyre from fullerton, ca... so theyre from orange county. i believe they're based out of cal state fullerton, as kaba modern was to uci. fullerton is 20minutes away from irvine if that matters. Boxcuttuhz looks legit though.

Anyone catch Planet B-Boy on MTV earlier? I was flippin between that and the Philly/NY game. Pretty tight documentary if you like dance shows.

BOO this show for not letting in Essence, Gigi Torres is a beast when it comes to choreography. That crew is pretty damn good imo

I'm assuming that they did it by region again? I haven't read through the post yet.

Originally Posted by rtz13

I'd do disgusting things to Lydia Paek and "wobbiewobz."
you ain't never lie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this thread >> ABDC season 3 already
laugh.gif

thanks for posting all the vids everyone, them BoxCuttuhz is
eek.gif
with the dancning...

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

I only watch for the girls sitting in the background,

laugh.gif
the girls in the background are
pimp.gif
devil.gif
though. Must be nice in LA or wherever they shoot the show

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

mindtrickz (jedi) should just "un-retire" and reunite to kill this show.
If ABDC let in all the sick crews on the west coast that the community knows and loves, it'd just be a nationally-televised, media-manipulatedversion of Body Rock/Fusion/Vibe, etc.

There are too many to name from the west that would kill the show. I'd rather keep the majority of the west coast dance community on the level it is nowand not get owned by mainstream media though.

AS FOR THE EAST COAST, WE NEED SOME EXPOSURE!

Fr3sh, Rhythmology, and Point Blank, from what I've seen are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HyphySole

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
Yea fam, Its filmed in Burbank. And the chicks that sit behind the judges, GET PAID to sit there
eyes.gif
. They still fine though
pimp.gif

Bet that changes some perspective on LA lifestyle
happy.gif

They filmed the 1st episode last nite, and I read there was a surprise elimination. People are pretty tight-lipped on who got booted though.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Originally Posted by HyphySole

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
Yea fam, Its filmed in Burbank. And the chicks that sit behind the judges, GET PAID to sit there
eyes.gif
. They still fine though
pimp.gif

Bet that changes some perspective on LA lifestyle
happy.gif

They filmed the 1st episode last nite, and I read there was a surprise elimination. People are pretty tight-lipped on who got booted though.
I'm curious... GOOGLE

Originally Posted by So Slickening

If ABDC let in all the sick crews on the west coast that the community knows and loves, it'd just be a nationally-televised, media-manipulated version of Body Rock/Fusion/Vibe, etc.

There are too many to name from the west that would kill the show. I'd rather keep the majority of the west coast dance community on the level it is now and not get owned by mainstream media though.

pimp.gif

Haha very true. Like I said before .. I like paying 10 dollars for community classes that these groups put on. Shaun Evaristo said on Youtube that Gen2/Companymight audition for Season 4, but people might not appreciate his switch of styles if any of you have seen his videos.

But if there's one group that I'd wish auditioned would be GRV. They're too dope.

Originally Posted by got S0LED out

Originally Posted by So Slickening

If ABDC let in all the sick crews on the west coast that the community knows and loves, it'd just be a nationally-televised, media-manipulated version of Body Rock/Fusion/Vibe, etc.

There are too many to name from the west that would kill the show. I'd rather keep the majority of the west coast dance community on the level it is now and not get owned by mainstream media though.

pimp.gif

Haha very true. Like I said before .. I like paying 10 dollars for community classes that these groups put on. Shaun Evaristo said on Youtube that Gen2/Company might audition for Season 4, but people might not appreciate his switch of styles if any of you have seen his videos.

But if there's one group that I'd wish auditioned would be GRV. They're too dope.
I really don't think he switched his style. I just think he started doing different types of songs and broadening his horizons. His signaturesmooth style is usually to slower songs, and I'd bet anything that if he felt like it he could make a genuine Evaristo Bustagroove '05"Diary" piece. He's been traveling the world and working for artists, and as a dancer you never stop learning. Meaning, that he didn't switchhis style, he's just growing as a dancer. I'm sure he still has his good old style we know and love, he's just been trying new things.

Back on topic -

Link to the video? I'm interested in whatever interview/thing he said this in. And I definitely agree that GRV would be dope if they auditioned, but GRVseems like a group that does best when they're in large numbers, not limited to 6-8, similar to Choreo Cookies. As a whole group, those teams MURDER it,because they're so sick with the huge formations/layers/cleanliness-in-numbers in their choreography. It's hard for me to see them dancing in a smallgroup. It's just weird to me
laugh.gif
but I think it'd be safe to saythat they won't disappoint if they did. I think that's a reason that Jabba did so well on ABDC, they're a small group that dances in smallernumbers. That's also probably why they didn't place in Vibe that one year (11 or 12, one of those). They were competing against huge groups like Kaba,TM, Cookies, etc.

If I could pick any team right now to just insert into the lineup this season, it'd probably be Poreotics or Formality (even though they haven't madeit the past years
mad.gif
). And I admit that I don't want Shaun, Pat and therest of The Camp to get sucked into the mainstream like Jabba did
frown.gif

%@* I wrote a novel.

Back
Top Bottom