American man jailed in Japan for trying to reclaim his kids

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by J Burner

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

How do you guys know that the father isn't instable and an unfit father - is it at all possible that he might be in the wrong and was just being protected by American law? It is possible that the mother was attempting to seek refuge in Japan, is it not?
Did I miss something?

I'm not saying one is right over the other - but it seems that there are many here that are quick to jump on an opinion without knowing the full details, which that story fails to provide.

Yes, yes you did...you missed the part where the ex-wife was not granted sole custody in the divorce, and that she agreed in the divorce hearing to live near the children (which indicates that she did not have custody at all, only visitation). You also missed the fact that no matter how you flip the scenario, the woman had no right to leave the country with the kids and not return. Those kids have a right to see their father, and their father has a right to see his children. If she disagrees, then she needs to go to court HERE, and prove that he is unfit to see his children. But she can't, which is why she took the route of a crazy person, and kidnapped the kids and ran off to Japan. If anyone is looking unstable here, it would be the mother...

Both parts you stated that I missed, I didn't - and I accounted for them in my statement. I stated that the father may be protected by American law and may really be an unfit parent - and this is the mother's only method of protecting her children. Article states that the father had to "force" the kids in the car - they didn't want to leave? Again, you are coming to conclusions that this article doesn't warrant.
It doesnt matter if he is an unfit father or not NO FATHER should have his paternal rigths denied to him by a woman. Furthermore, the justicesystem favors women so I doubt they are protecting him. And as far as the kids not going with him you have no idea what kind of mental state they may be in. Mygirls mom made my girl believe her father was a jerk who didnt want nothing to do with her when that was the furthest thing from the truth, which is somethingshe didnt realize until now that she is an adult.

Exactly why I tell my young troops to have fun overseas but leave these %+#+ where you found 'em.

Back
Top Bottom