American justice system FTL....vol Vick got how much time?

the thing about the whole Vick ordeal went far beyond the time he was sentenced to...

they made an example out of him... they wanted to make Michael Vick the posterboy for dogfighting... they stripped him of the majority of his assets... theywent on a campaign to essentially ruin the man's life... and if he signs with another team... im sure they will once again try to do the same... whathappened to Mike Vick was excessive...

But Vick definitely didnt help himself by lying, getting caught with weed, & being generally uncooperative & also he should have flipped on hisfriends...

but the justice system in america is simply horrible...
there are way too many instances where the punishments are significantly too harsh or significantly too lenient,
there are too many instances where the guilty defendant gets a slap on the wrist because they are wealthy
too many times where someone who isnt guilty is convicted because they couldnt afford a competent lawyer
too many times where politics and/or the media attention affect the judges rulings in the case

i could go on...

you guys are idiots. vick didn't get the jail time for the dogs, he got it for the gambling and money crimes.

the district attorney in this case didn't pursue the 5 yr olds charge. the district attorney is the one who orchestrated the plea deal. of course the manis only getting a year in prison because he is expected to be dead within the next 1-3 yrs. why pay to kill him, or pay his medical bills if he's going todie anyway? either way the next year of the guys life is going to suck. dont make other citizens pay for that when the money could be used elsewhere.

lets just live it at this...our justic system in america is F#$%d up...i cant even get started on it cuz it would fill up an entire page on this threadlol..its ridiculous...they need to do something to change it soon

The Judicial system ftw!
Although it took them long enough, they just put the guy who killed my friend about a year and a half ago in prison for life w/o chance of parole.
pimp.gif

I've been through the system and got 10 years from trafficking a controlled substance while I man on my cell block got 8 for cutting a girl up and feedingher parts to his farm animals..no its not fair but what I havent seen said yet is HOW this happens. I'm a felon and I can't vote but alot of peoplecan. YOU elect these people who make the laws and you have no one to blame but yourself. its not right someone goes to jail for weed and not for rape but thatsthe system that people go with b/c no one wants to do anything about it until there in it or there familys in it. the system needs complete overhual and lawsthat don't vary from state to state and even city to city in some cases. stop saying it sucks and help change it or hope your never in it

Originally Posted by Nako XL

you guys are idiots. vick didn't get the jail time for the dogs, he got it for the gambling and money crimes.
Vick is like the new Clinton. to this day, I hear people talking about how Clinton was impeached for getting a BJ in the Oval Office. He wasimpeached for lying under oath, not getting blown under the table.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I've been through the system and got 10 years from trafficking a controlled substance while I man on my cell block got 8 for cutting a girl up and feeding her parts to his farm animals..no its not fair but what I havent seen said yet is HOW this happens. I'm a felon and I can't vote but alot of people can. YOU elect these people who make the laws and you have no one to blame but yourself. its not right someone goes to jail for weed and not for rape but thats the system that people go with b/c no one wants to do anything about it until there in it or there familys in it. the system needs complete overhual and laws that don't vary from state to state and even city to city in some cases. stop saying it sucks and help change it or hope your never in it
PREACH!

My thing is this....

Mike Vick is going through all this @(#* but Stallworth is getting off relatively easy for taking a man's life.

Srsly?

I understand Stallworth is deeply saddened by the unfortunate event, however he WAS over the legal limit. I even hear that the dude whom he ran over walked directly into the car's path...

REGARDLESS....

He was STILL over the legal limit and that definitely hampered his ability to react. He is STILL responsible for the man's death.

Yet Mike Vick got more time? THIS is our American justice system. The same system that currently imprisons 1.8 million people a year, roughly 700,000 for marijuana related charges. SERIOUSLY? This is ridiculous, we are warehousing human beings for the wrong things. We have more people in prison than any other country....

FOR THE WRONG THINGS!!!!

Last time I checked human > a bunch of dogs. @(#* them dogs. Vick got villainized while Stallworth only has to serve a 30 day sentence.

FAIR? NOT IN THE LEAST BIT!!!!

There's a BIG difference between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. Stallworth didn't choose to run the guy over, it just happened. He's pretty much going to jail for DUI not the killing of a man. Look up the Leonard Little case.

People are quick to compare Vicks situation to others. What people fail to realize is Michael Vick continued to lie to the FEDS after the gave him plenty oftimes to come clean. He wouldn't have did a day in jail if he told em. His lawyers were terrible imo. The feds do not waste time, when they get you theyknow everything and have all the evidence they need. It's just up to you and weather or not you are going to play games with them.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Vick is like the new Clinton. to this day, I hear people talking about how Clinton was impeached for getting a BJ in the Oval Office. He was impeached for lying under oath, not getting blown under the table.
grin.gif

people need to stop treating Vick like a martyr. This is ridiculous already. Getting a blowjob is nowhere near the same level and killing and torturing dogsfor sport and running an illegal gambling ring.

Clinton didn't wanna get caught cheating and republicans were on his %%+ since he was elected

Vick is just a dumb dummy. Give him a second chance, but damn he ain't special and he's not a martyr.

Back
Top Bottom