America getting too soft?

What does NT think? I asked my little cousin if he ever played dodgeball and dude looked at me as if I asked him to teach me quantum physics. I was watching aHBO special they were talking about how dodgeball is banned from just about every school. Also in some schools there is no touching (ie high fives, hugs, patson the back) in fear of fighting. Whats up with America man? Schools are seriously taking out P.E. classes and recess because they are afraid of kids gettinghurt. Growing up that was the best part about school, kids play, kids get hurt. Stop trying to baby them. The ultimate is now if you join sports EVERYBODY getsa trophy no matter if you are first or last place. What type of @%#* is that? That defeats the purpose of sports pretty much. America is gettin real fruity.
-The Juice

America been got soft. Too many watchdog groups and we've become too politically correct. Glad that Eastwood didn't give a %#@% in Gran Torino when heused all of those racial slurs. He attacked the current state of this country in Rolling Stone right before the flick came out.

This PC nonsense and the advent of technology are ruining childhood. The better your childhood, the worse the rest of your life. If you don't get knockedaround as a kid, you grow up thinking life is perfect until something bad happens, at which point you're totally incapable of dealing with itconstructively.

My little cousin was talking about playing dodgeball with fleeceballs.

smh.gif

i cant even lie, back in the day.......we use to do things on purpose playin dodgeball

They did not allow soccer when I was in elementary but they still allowed dodgeball back then.

indifferent.gif
@ kickball,flag football, and softball

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i cant even lie, back in the day.......we use to do things on purpose playin dodgeball

Headhunting and nut hunting FTW.

$%!!## playing dodgeball with fleeceballs
indifferent.gif
. Punk %%* parents.

I agree wit u OP.

when i was in middle school,

there was no hugging allowed
smh.gif

and at school dances,

people that went said everyone had to be 3 ft apart when they dance.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

What does this mean for the military? If we give kids a soft "no disappoint" life, why would they want to grow up and fight for our country?
-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

The ultimate is now if you join sports EVERYBODY gets a trophy no matter if you are first or last place. What type of @%#* is that? That defeats the purpose of sports pretty much. America is gettin real fruity.
-The Juice
This is the problem.

It is important for kids to have confidence, but it is also important for them to know that there ARE winners and losers. Now kids expect everything on a platebecause "everybody wins".

What made America great is the fact that the harder you work, the more you will gain because of it.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

America been got soft. Too many watchdog groups and we've become too politically correct. Glad that Eastwood didn't give a %#@% in Gran Torino when he used all of those racial slurs. He attacked the current state of this country in Rolling Stone right before the flick came out.
Im not sure what that has to do with America getting soft, but any racial slurs are racial slurs. Would it be wrong if it were racial slursagainst African Americans or Latinos? What makes it towards Asians that its ok to say? Im just saying...

But your first sentence, i do fully agree...everything has been too politcally correct and childhood lessons have been washed down.

What does this mean for the military? If we give kids a soft "no disappoint" life, why would they want to grow up and fight for our country?
-The Juice
Why do you think we have so many veterans with mental issues after they get back, but WW1 and WW2 vets didn't have near the mental issues. Ithink most of America has become disconnected from death, pain, and suffering.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by Lazy B

America been got soft. Too many watchdog groups and we've become too politically correct. Glad that Eastwood didn't give a %#@% in Gran Torino when he used all of those racial slurs. He attacked the current state of this country in Rolling Stone right before the flick came out.
Im not sure what that has to do with America getting soft, but any racial slurs are racial slurs. Would it be wrong if it were racial slurs against African Americans or Latinos? What makes it towards Asians that its ok to say? Im just saying...

But your first sentence, i do fully agree...everything has been too politcally correct and childhood lessons have been washed down.
He did use slurs against blacks in the movie. Did you see it?

It was a big @%+% you to current American society in that we have to watch everything we say to prevent offending people. He mentioned that he was disgusted byAmerica's current state. Racial slurs are slurs but he made his point.

there was no internet back then, now in days people are hooked to it.

physical activities?
laugh.gif
yea right

^^^^Hmm after reading what you wrote, i do remember that scene with the black guys.

Thanks for the clearer response, i never read article on Rolling Stones so i didnt know what you meant.
And i do agree...its annoying especially in the workplace to not offend a co-worker because he is slacking.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

This PC nonsense and the advent of technology are ruining childhood. The better your childhood, the worse the rest of your life. If you don't get knocked around as a kid, you grow up thinking life is perfect until something bad happens, at which point you're totally incapable of dealing with it constructively.

So True

What does NT think? I asked my little cousin if he ever played dodgeball and dude looked at me as if I asked him to teach me quantum physics. I was watching a HBO special they were talking about how dodgeball is banned from just about every school. Also in some schools there is no touching (ie high fives, hugs, pats on the back) in fear of fighting. Whats up with America man? Schools are seriously taking out P.E. classes and recess because they are afraid of kids getting hurt. Growing up that was the best part about school, kids play, kids get hurt. Stop trying to baby them. The ultimate is now if you join sports EVERYBODY gets a trophy no matter if you are first or last place. What type of @%#* is that? That defeats the purpose of sports pretty much. America is gettin real fruity.
-The Juice

I completely agree I remember playing dodgeball back in the day, right before I left elementary school they were starting to get away from it, I thought it wascomplete crap.

dodgeball? come on i remember risking beatings playing suicide but damn it was fun when another dude droped the ball
laugh.gif

The world we live in just different than one 15, even 10 years ago.
Things have to change. I'd rather live in a more sensitive, increasingly tolerant society
than an archaic, less progressive one.

Back
Top Bottom