Amazon workers describe soul destroying and prison like work conditions

Corporate treats their employees just as bad. My boy works 60 hour work weeks. Can't even take a single day off because he has to spend it at home to finish a project or else he'll hear it from his boss the next day.

This is also true. I work a lot in the summer. It’s construction so yeah... long hours outside in all weather but I’m treated well and not really stressed or micromanaged. Pretty much left alone, if I gotta stop and smash a burrito it’s cool, if I gotta dip because my daughter needs me to take her to the dentist no big deal.

Then I look at my boy at Wells Fargo. Works the same hours as me, treated like crap and always stressed to the max with an insane work load and his boss is always on his back.

I feel like corporate is worse in the way they treat you and benefits as well. The people I know with office jobs have the worst insurance.

This is also true. I work a lot in the summer. It’s construction so yeah... long hours outside in all weather but I’m treated well and not really stressed or micromanaged. Pretty much left alone, if I gotta stop and smash a burrito it’s cool, if I gotta dip because my daughter needs me to take her to the dentist no big deal.

Then I look at my boy at Wells Fargo. Works the same hours as me, treated like crap and always stressed to the max with an insane work load and his boss is always on his back.

I feel like corporate is worse in the way they treat you and benefits as well. The people I know with office jobs have the worst insurance.
Corporate work is trash. All numbers and daily goals. You make weight to steal someone else’s job or they’ll fire you. **** that

I think the main issue is that a person thinks "Amazon" and with what they hear in the news or read online, that the job should be more than a higher paying ups job. jeff bezos the richest dude, doubles his net every quarter, has poor working environment, i expect it from walmart for real lol,

ive had many people ask me about my amazon experience and they want to hear something magical, but its a regular sweat job that pays fairly decent i guess now at 15 but they want you to work 5 days a week 12 hours a day, and you get the same benefits that any other job offers.

Corporate work is trash. All numbers and daily goals. You make weight to steal someone else’s job or they’ll fire you. **** that

That too, plus when you get to a certain pay they’ll just give you the axe and hire two young kids out of college for 16 an hour to do your job and get them drinking the kool aid and fire them too in 20 years. :lol:

The only way to do it without losing your sanity is to just work at your own pace like Alp says and to say **** them

my boy at work is a straight slum lord. He only works for the benefits but he’s PAID.

Owns 8 houses, I’d prefer to rent out a little nicer houses but whatever floats your boat.

Like I said before The demise of Amazon won't be when they can't be financially profitable , but when reports like unsafe working conditions as described will deter warehouse workforce to steer away from seeking a job there.
That’s why they’re working on robots and automation so fast. It’s just a matter of time

Corporate treats their employees just as bad. My boy works 60 hour work weeks. Can't even take a single day off because he has to spend it at home to finish a project or else he'll hear it from his boss the next day.

No offense to your guy but if he's in corporate it's highly likely he could find a job elsewhere pretty quick if he put in the effort.

Can't have pity when he tolerates it

my boy at work is a straight slum lord. He only works for the benefits but he’s PAID.

Owns 8 houses, I’d prefer to rent out a little nicer houses but whatever floats your boat.
The section 8 joints are probably more consistent income than otherwise.

No offense to your guy but if he's in corporate it's highly likely he could find a job elsewhere pretty quick if he put in the effort.

Can't have pity when he tolerates it
I'm pretty sure most of those dudes tolerate the way they're treated is because of the pay. Sure, he can find another job pretty quick. Finding another job that will match the same pay Amazon offers, on the other hand.....

The section 8 joints are probably more consistent income than otherwise.

For sure, Rent is always paid.

They aren’t that bad. Just no where I’d want to live but it’s not like they are roach infested houses with no heat.

I know someone who took a job at Bank Of America in London years ago. Said virtually all of his coworkers except upper management were in their early 20s and people were continually quitting, getting fired and getting replaced in droves. He made a large amount of money in the year he stayed there but said it was beyond awful. If someone had even just a tiny stretch of inadequate results they were fired on the spot and replaced immediately.
The money attracted plenty of people to swiftly fill the positions of those who were fired or quit. Basically get results every single day or pack your bags and get out.

The only way to do it without losing your sanity is to just work at your own pace like Alp says and to say **** them

I understand what you're saying but it's not as easy depending on your position in life. Middle aged cats with mortgages, bills, etc... many not have the option to say 'eff it' and control their workflow/pace.

I know someone who took a job at Bank Of America in London some years ago. Said virtually all of his coworkers except upper management were in their low 20s and people were continually quitting, getting fired and getting replaced in droves. He made a large amount of money in the year he stayed there but said it was beyond awful. If someone had even just a tiny stretch of inadequate results they were fired on the spot and replaced immediately.

I worked at td ameritrade as a intern for 2 Months. I did my job but only thing that got me over the hump was the lunch breaks and random breaks I took to play table fooseball game with co-workers and other interns.

Corporate jobs in the banking industry are for psychopaths.

That’s awful. :smh:

And to think I ALMOST (like literally I went to the orientation and was given a schedule already) worked there. Good thing my current job called the same day, and gave me a job offer right away this past summer.

I can’t blame those who persevere in these dangerous conditions just to make ends meet. Sometimes you just gotta pull through and make the best of it. Amazon peeps made their presentation attractive when I sat in, and felt like you’re about to work for Google with all kinds of promising opportunities and pay

Last edited:
I worked at td ameritrade as a intern for 2 Months. I did my job but only thing that got me over the hump was the lunch breaks and random breaks I took to play table fooseball game with co-workers and other interns.

Corporate jobs in the banking industry are for psychopaths.

I have a friend who has worked at places like State Street, Fidelity and other financial corporate spots for the past decade and only gets by because he stays dabbed up. No way he'd be able to do it if he didn't have his pen on him the entire time.

If you strictly are in it for the money and have no feelings and are cool with ******* people over making a life long career in banking is probably ok.

Every time I do work at a house that’s crazy expensive. 5+ mil, the owner is always in that field.

Back
Top Bottom