Am I the only one pissed off the gov't is sending assistance to libya and japan

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

I mean take care of home first. I understand humanitarian aid and a more stable world benefits the US and everything  but  we are in debt plus parts of inner city dc and baltimore are  wholly neglected and ignored. What about them. Maybe i'm wrong tho

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Really? I'm lost for words. 
30t6p3b.gif

Dude.shut up about things u dont even know about.its people like this that are the reason why we have these so called "third world country" neighborhoods.Always too concerned about yourself and your own welfare rather then helping people around you and bettering everyone together.no wonder so many countries hate america.smh

Dude.shut up about things u dont even know about.its people like this that are the reason why we have these so called "third world country" neighborhoods.Always too concerned about yourself and your own welfare rather then helping people around you and bettering everyone together.no wonder so many countries hate america.smh

Originally Posted by Freeze

nah, i'm a selfish brother, take care of home first. i feel as bad for them as the next man, but we dont need to be giving away our resources to everybody that needs it. +%%*, we need it!
You clearly do not.

Originally Posted by Freeze

nah, i'm a selfish brother, take care of home first. i feel as bad for them as the next man, but we dont need to be giving away our resources to everybody that needs it. +%%*, we need it!
You clearly do not.

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

curious, since you're comparing DC hoods to 3rd world countries, which 3rd world countries have you visited for extended periods of time to have such a perspective on the contrast between the two?

eyes.gif

come on son i was using a hyperbole to make the point that it ain't all sweet here

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

curious, since you're comparing DC hoods to 3rd world countries, which 3rd world countries have you visited for extended periods of time to have such a perspective on the contrast between the two?

eyes.gif

come on son i was using a hyperbole to make the point that it ain't all sweet here

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ comparing ANY big American city to third world countries
What you guys call poverty is upper middle class to people in third world countries.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ comparing ANY big American city to third world countries
What you guys call poverty is upper middle class to people in third world countries.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Budweiser

In what way would money allocated to bad neighborhoods be spent? In other words, countries that have been hit by natural disasters have tangible needs that can be addressed immediately.

Although everyone hates America until the buildings start coming down.
welfare
eyes.gif

Good idea. We should start a welfare program in this country.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

In what way would money allocated to bad neighborhoods be spent? In other words, countries that have been hit by natural disasters have tangible needs that can be addressed immediately.

Although everyone hates America until the buildings start coming down.
welfare
eyes.gif

Good idea. We should start a welfare program in this country.

I think OP is a moron. I also think that the people in here that believe we are helping out other countries because it is the "right thing to do", are also morons.

I think OP is a moron. I also think that the people in here that believe we are helping out other countries because it is the "right thing to do", are also morons.

ive lived in mexico before, and, nowhere in DC looks half as bad as the hoods in mexico....and they're a SECOND world country...

poverty.jpg
that's mexico

my pops lived down there after he retired, and, he and his wife adopted a little girl who lived next door to them.....she lived in a shack like the picture above....my father lived in a nice condo-like house.....with satellite and running water...

she lived in literally a shack with pressed metal as a ceiling....

show me DC looking like this (and if you were smart youd find as many pictures of homeless people as you can....but guess what, THESE PEOPLE ARENT HOMELESS, THIS IS HOME FOR A LARGE POPULATION IN NOT ONLY MEXICO, BUT ACROSS THE GLOBE)

american kids these days...lol

he's comparing US cities (DC, nonetheless) to 3rd world countries and obviously hasnt ever even seen videos of a third world country

LOL

NO PERSPECTIVE WHATSOEVER  

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

oh, okay, its hyperbole now....which is a comedic device....alright...
eyes.gif

you get exposed and claim hyperbole LOL

an american life isnt more valuable than a japanese life, which isnt more valuable than an indonesian life, and so on and so forth...we are all humans...

these national affiliations are man made constructs to divide wealth and power....

i know what you're saying cause i raised the same questions.....when i was like 13....then i got world perspective....

not saying DC hoods are peachy, nor that the african american children growing up there even get a fair shot at life, nor that there isnt a REAL problem that needs to be addressed....

you can't compare anywhere here to a 3rd world country anywhere....its not even in the same mesosphere.....

ive lived in mexico before, and, nowhere in DC looks half as bad as the hoods in mexico....and they're a SECOND world country...

poverty.jpg
that's mexico

my pops lived down there after he retired, and, he and his wife adopted a little girl who lived next door to them.....she lived in a shack like the picture above....my father lived in a nice condo-like house.....with satellite and running water...

she lived in literally a shack with pressed metal as a ceiling....

show me DC looking like this (and if you were smart youd find as many pictures of homeless people as you can....but guess what, THESE PEOPLE ARENT HOMELESS, THIS IS HOME FOR A LARGE POPULATION IN NOT ONLY MEXICO, BUT ACROSS THE GLOBE)

american kids these days...lol

he's comparing US cities (DC, nonetheless) to 3rd world countries and obviously hasnt ever even seen videos of a third world country

LOL

NO PERSPECTIVE WHATSOEVER  

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

oh, okay, its hyperbole now....which is a comedic device....alright...
eyes.gif

you get exposed and claim hyperbole LOL

an american life isnt more valuable than a japanese life, which isnt more valuable than an indonesian life, and so on and so forth...we are all humans...

these national affiliations are man made constructs to divide wealth and power....

i know what you're saying cause i raised the same questions.....when i was like 13....then i got world perspective....

not saying DC hoods are peachy, nor that the african american children growing up there even get a fair shot at life, nor that there isnt a REAL problem that needs to be addressed....

you can't compare anywhere here to a 3rd world country anywhere....its not even in the same mesosphere.....

I have read some of the most ignorant Sh-- in here....
wow.

I have read some of the most ignorant Sh-- in here....
wow.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Has there been much foreign aid to the United States when we had natural disasters in the past?

Over seventy countries pledged monetary donations or other assistance. Notably, Cuba and Venezuela (both hostile to US government themselves) were the first countries to offer assistance, pledging over $1 million, several mobile hospitals, water treatment plants, canned food, bottled water, heating oil, 1,100 doctors and 26.4 metric tons of medicine, though this aid was rejected by the U.S. government.[sup][118][/sup][sup][119][/sup][sup][120][/sup][sup][121][/sup]Kuwait made the largest single pledge, $500 million; other large donations were made by Qatar and United Arab Emirates (each $100 million), South Korea ($30 million), Australia ($10 million), India, China (both $5 million), New Zealand ($2 million),[sup][122][/sup]Pakistan ($1.5 million),[sup][123][/sup] and Bangladesh ($1 million).[sup][124][/sup]

India sent tarps, blankets and hygiene kits. An Indian Air Force IL-76 aircraft delivered 25 tonnes of relief supplies for the Hurricane Katrina victims at the Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas on September 13, 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...nse_to_Hurricane_Katrina
roll.gif
some people are a multiple-choice answer away from being legally retarted

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Has there been much foreign aid to the United States when we had natural disasters in the past?

Over seventy countries pledged monetary donations or other assistance. Notably, Cuba and Venezuela (both hostile to US government themselves) were the first countries to offer assistance, pledging over $1 million, several mobile hospitals, water treatment plants, canned food, bottled water, heating oil, 1,100 doctors and 26.4 metric tons of medicine, though this aid was rejected by the U.S. government.[sup][118][/sup][sup][119][/sup][sup][120][/sup][sup][121][/sup]Kuwait made the largest single pledge, $500 million; other large donations were made by Qatar and United Arab Emirates (each $100 million), South Korea ($30 million), Australia ($10 million), India, China (both $5 million), New Zealand ($2 million),[sup][122][/sup]Pakistan ($1.5 million),[sup][123][/sup] and Bangladesh ($1 million).[sup][124][/sup]

India sent tarps, blankets and hygiene kits. An Indian Air Force IL-76 aircraft delivered 25 tonnes of relief supplies for the Hurricane Katrina victims at the Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas on September 13, 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...nse_to_Hurricane_Katrina
roll.gif
some people are a multiple-choice answer away from being legally retarted

Back
Top Bottom