Allen Iverson to Memphis

via Allen's Twitter:

alleniversonGod Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career. I met with Mr. Heinsley, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins
alleniversonI feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them.
We have a 300-odd page thread for stuff JUST like this,
wink.gif

Don't worry I saw it. This is bigger than Marquis Daniels going to Boston or Lee getting an extension.

LOL.

Sad that this is what AI's career has come down to...hope he proves me wrong though.

Memphis
smh.gif
Hopefully, OJ leaves for a better situation in a couple of years once that Rookie deal is up.

Yes, Chuck is still in the L. AI, Juice monster, Rudy, Zbo, Marc, Mike, the grizzlies have some potential now. They had trouble scoring last year, thatwon't be a problem this year. Although no one is going to defend, I could see them fighting for a playoff spot if everything goes well to them.

N's try to act like MJ tarnished his legacy by playing for the Wizards. I'll tell you what...if AI comes off the bench for Memphis...that'starnishing a legacy.

You mean to tell me Stephon Marbury got a look by a championship caliber team last season but AI can't get a look from at least just a decent playoff team?Ridiculous.

if you gong to come of the wood why not go to a team that you could win on

i just dont understand

One year, $3.5 mil contract with the Memphis Grizzlies
laugh.gif

Sad.

Make no mistake this dude is going to help sell tickets for that team and that played more of a part than anything.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

You mean to tell me Stephon Marbury got a look by a championship caliber team last season but AI can't get a look from at least just a decent playoff team? Ridiculous.

That's a little bit diffrent of a situation. Marbury signed for the minimum at the tail end of the season.

Iverson is not willing to accept the minimum under any circumstances. Not to mention Iverson for a good while was stuck on the "wanting to compete for astarting posistion" stance. That scared teams off.

If A.I was openly receptive to a reduced/second unit role from the jump, he probably would had a few muli-year offers at the median exception back in July. Buthe wasn't. And that along with what occured with the Detroit situation and the comments he made during that time? No love.

PG Conely, Williams
SG Mayo, Iverson, Jaric
SF Gay, Young, Carroll
PF Randolph, Arthur
C Gasol, Thabeet, Hadaddi, Hunter

pimp.gif

roll.gif

It's going to be fun going to the games again.

Gasol
Zach Randolph
Rudy Gay
Mayo
Iverson

Thabeet
Haddidi
Arthur
Conley
Marcus Williams...

The potential of that squad is scary...

...I'm just not sure whether it's dark horse playoff team scary or Isiah Thomas/2005 Knicks/NBA Live scary...

Back
Top Bottom