All my gym heads, how much are you spending on groceries a week? vol Budgeting

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Though

$20-40 tops

All I really eat is gym-rat food...

Whey protein, Bananas, Eggs, Wheat bread, Milk, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Gatorade G2's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

and what are you folks buying?  eating healthy cost MONEY! 20-40 dollars is minuscule 
laugh.gif

I run 6-9 miles 4-5 times a week, indoor/outdoor. Doesn't matter...but I prefer outdoor.

And can bench press 200+ on a regular basis (Maybe not that extreme for you, but good for my height/build)

So don't tell me I'm not gym rat, fat boy.
i said you're not a gym rat because the foods you listed, dog.  and did you just call me fat?
eek.gif

$20-40 tops

Whey protein, Bananas, Eggs, Wheat bread, Milk, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Gatorade G2's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

and what are you folks buying?  eating healthy cost MONEY! 20-40 dollars is minuscule 
laugh.gif

I run 6-9 miles 4-5 times a week, indoor/outdoor. Doesn't matter...but I prefer outdoor.

And can bench press 200+ on a regular basis (Maybe not that extreme for you, but good for my height/build)

i said you're not a gym rat because the foods you listed, dog.  and did you just call me fat?
eek.gif
1. Though you are fat doggie
laugh.gif

2. CID nobody cares what you can do in the gym, Though especially doesn't care.  Your need to post your stat's is useless.
3. you both are catching feelings... lay off the soy protien. 

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

for those who eat eggs everyday for lunch and dinner meals, could you share some recipes
it gets tiring eating the same stuff everyday.. gotta switch it up a little

i usually cook up mushrooms and cheese with my omelettes.. brocolli on occasion
what spices or other ways to make eggs more interesting
1. Boiled eggs
2. Omlet style, but don't fold it over, put it on some bread + some sauteed veggies + browned lunch meat
3. Egg salad, whatever you do with tuna do the same here

Just a few ideas.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

for those who eat eggs everyday for lunch and dinner meals, could you share some recipes

1. Boiled eggs
2. Omlet style, but don't fold it over, put it on some bread + some sauteed veggies + browned lunch meat
3. Egg salad, whatever you do with tuna do the same here

Just a few ideas.

I eat 4 eggs, 1 whole as my last meal before I go to sleep.  I eat it with maybe vegetables or oatmeal so that the fiber slows down the digestion of the protein because sometimes I don't get the chance to eat a meal in the morning.

My deal is smart balance butter + eggs + black pepper + tyme leaves.  I don't like to add the broccoli into the eggs I keep them seperate.  Basil is also nice with eggs but don't use too much or it can have an overpowering taste.  Sauteed mushrooms is also a nice addition.

eek.gif
Yea. I guess I did...
laugh.gif

*sling shots fired*

It's all love though...'Though' (First ever NT Paradox right there =
eek.gif
)

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

laugh.gif

2. CID nobody cares what you can do in the gym, Though especially doesn't care.  Your need to post your stat's is useless.
3. you both are catching feelings... lay off the soy
2zp06q9.jpg

I made some egg salad today.
I also like eating eggs with tomato slices and whole wheat bread.

You can also try putting a fried egg on top of your salads.  I see them do it on chef shows all the time.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

$20-40 tops

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

3. you both are catching feelings... lay off the soy protien. 

Grimlock is ruthless!!

grimlock_vs_munkzilla_card-p137998460707460819q0yk_400.jpg

its summer and im grilling so im spending more than i should, but it helps with food prep for the week
with costco and the regular market, i average $60-75, because of the red meat, fresh fruit,  and asparagus. grilled veggies
pimp.gif

Per Week

Egg Whites - $5

Wheat Bread - $3

2% Milk - $2

Almonds - $3

Fruit - $3

Salad - $4

Tuna - $6

Chicken Breast - $10

Strip Steak - $12
--------------------------
~ $48

Give or take a few products and dollars.

Originally Posted by Durden7

$20-40 tops

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

laugh.gif

Come on, you really typed that?
Ummm...

Yes.
Wow.  That's sad.

$100 a week for actual groceries and then about $10-$15 per day.
That does not include potential supplements... however, I try to eat organic

I don't know how you guys survive on a $40 a week grocery bill. Mine's at least double that even without factoring in eating out once or twice a week. I run 60-70 miles a week and lift 2 or 3 times a week. I couldn't tell you how many calories I eat a day. Probably at least 4,000. A gallon of milk lasts about 4 days. I'll eat a whole Red Baron pizza and be starving a few hours later. SMH at my metabolism...

^No, I don't know how you are spending so MUCH on groceries. What the hell are you buying? I see Red Baron pizza, so it is safe to assume you are buying a lot of unhealthy foods.

Things I will buy whenever I go to the stores:

Fruits/Veggies - I get them from the Latino market, so stuff is very cheap
Lunch meat from the deli - $4

What I don't buy EVERYTIME I go, probably ever other time.
Bread - 2 for $4 usually
Dry Beans - $1 per bag
Nuts - Depends on what it is.
And I take to lunch whatever I cook for the most part. Beans, Pasta, Tuna.

And I don't go every week.

I actually eat pretty healthy. Typical shopping list is:
4-5 fuji apples
bannanas
fresh asparagus
fresh green beans
2 loaves of bread
pack of string cheese
half dozen bagels
box of cereal
2 boxes of instant oatmeal
gallon milk
lunch meat
sliced provolone cheese
frozen pizza
chips and salsa
package of frozen fish (gotta get that omega-3 action in)
chicken breast
instant mac and cheese
fig newtons
pimp.gif

orange juice
yogurt

Yea I don't buy half of that stuff you buy. And the Chicken Breasts I get from Costco. I would never buy CB from the grocery store because they rip you the hell off.

Instant Mac - I don't eat
Frozen Pizza - I don't buy
Chips and Salsa - I don't eat
Juice - I don't buy
Fig Newtons (Which I love. Only buy them when they go on sale @ CVS. Which is at LEAST once per month. $1)
Oatmeal: I buy from Walmart. TALL canister that lasts me for a month. Boxes aren't the best value for your buck
I don't eat cheese
Fuji Apples? How much are they usually per pound? I buy Gala Apples and they are usually under 99c per lb. I usually get 5 and that is around 2.00 something.
I don't buy bagels. No need if you already have bread.

How often do you go again? Weekly? I thought you eat healthy, I see a lot of junk on that list. (No disrespect)

Yeah, weekly. I go to the super Wal Mart so it's not like I'm shopping at Whole Foods.

And I would try fresh chicken breasts if I were you. I used to buy them in bulk but after trying them fresh there's no comparison. They pump so much of the frozen stuff with salt water it's disgusting. Worth the extra $.

Originally Posted by jschue

I actually eat pretty healthy. Typical shopping list is:
4-5 fuji apples
bannanas
fresh asparagus
fresh green beans
2 loaves of bread
pack of string cheese
half dozen bagels
box of cereal
2 boxes of instant oatmeal
gallon milk
lunch meat
sliced provolone cheese
frozen pizza
chips and salsa

package of frozen fish (gotta get that omega-3 action in)
chicken breast
instant mac and cheese
fig newtons
pimp.gif

orange juice
yogurt

*scratches head

Back
Top Bottom