All My Car Heads Enter Vol. Turbo & Dual Exhaust

undefeatedx37

Banned
I see cars that are only supposed to have one exhaust with a dual. How can you do this and how much is it usually? I can imagine it would be expensive.

How do you feel about getting turbo in an automatic?

Thanks
pimp.gif

I see cars that are only supposed to have one exhaust with a dual. How can you do this and how much is it usually? I can imagine it would be expensive.

How do you feel about getting turbo in an automatic?

Thanks
pimp.gif

I don't understand why you would have the desire to Turbo that. But on the exhaust they aren't running true duals 98% of the time. Its just a y pipe that splits in two after the catalytic converter.

I don't understand why you would have the desire to Turbo that. But on the exhaust they aren't running true duals 98% of the time. Its just a y pipe that splits in two after the catalytic converter.

It's actually beneficial performance wise to run a true dual exhaust on a V engine design. Two exhaust manifolds each getting their own exhaust path. Most car manufacturers who merge them into a single exhaust do it to cut costs, reduce noise, and possibly improve emissions.

If you want a true dual exhaust you can just buy one to replace your current single exhaust. I'm not familiar with GM performance parts, but on my Nissan my exhaust cost over 1000. That included downpipes, midpipes, and catback. Remeber with a dual exhaust you are pretty much buying TWO exhausts, so it's going to cost more.

As far as turbo in an auto goes, I say go for it. Transmission has nothing to do with the smile that comes to your face when you smash the gas.

It's actually beneficial performance wise to run a true dual exhaust on a V engine design. Two exhaust manifolds each getting their own exhaust path. Most car manufacturers who merge them into a single exhaust do it to cut costs, reduce noise, and possibly improve emissions.

If you want a true dual exhaust you can just buy one to replace your current single exhaust. I'm not familiar with GM performance parts, but on my Nissan my exhaust cost over 1000. That included downpipes, midpipes, and catback. Remeber with a dual exhaust you are pretty much buying TWO exhausts, so it's going to cost more.

As far as turbo in an auto goes, I say go for it. Transmission has nothing to do with the smile that comes to your face when you smash the gas.

Originally Posted by Undefeatedx37

2003 Cadillac CTS (Not the V)

Not a good idea to turbo that.  I'm pretty sure that engine has a high compression ratio. Unless you plan on rebuilding the engine first.

Originally Posted by Undefeatedx37

2003 Cadillac CTS (Not the V)

Not a good idea to turbo that.  I'm pretty sure that engine has a high compression ratio. Unless you plan on rebuilding the engine first.

i'm also gona say it's a bad idea to turbo it. why? because it seems like you know nothing about cars and tuning so it's probably not a good idea to own something you have no idea how to fix when something goes wrong. also i don't think the car is even worth putting money into...just drive it.

i'm also gona say it's a bad idea to turbo it. why? because it seems like you know nothing about cars and tuning so it's probably not a good idea to own something you have no idea how to fix when something goes wrong. also i don't think the car is even worth putting money into...just drive it.

Well I'm sure there are no pre made Turbo kits for your car. So you're going to have to pay a shop to Fab up the whole thing from scratch. Then you're going to have to run stand alone for your engine management and tune that. I'm sure the internals on your engine as it is now wont handle boost well either so you'll need to rebuild the engine also. Its gonna cost you at least 15k for all of that. Its just not worth it.

Well I'm sure there are no pre made Turbo kits for your car. So you're going to have to pay a shop to Fab up the whole thing from scratch. Then you're going to have to run stand alone for your engine management and tune that. I'm sure the internals on your engine as it is now wont handle boost well either so you'll need to rebuild the engine also. Its gonna cost you at least 15k for all of that. Its just not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom