All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Originally Posted by Ryda421

so pissed. i find it funny that the people who complained about the patch are the same people who ended up purchasing. seems like it did because they can have bragging rights instead of buying it because they actually liked it.
30t6p3b.gif

You-must-be-new-here.jpg

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by prymone

air max 87 wrote:

there was no shadiness going on, everyone got their hat, no back door deals were done.

used your employee discount huh? lol
nah, i twas for charity so i paid the same amount everyone else did, minus shipping.

Seems like this release had as much confusion as a JB release. Def shouldn't be allowed to sell em in stores to ppl who just like how it looks after it took us x amount of years to finally get this done. I missed out and now I gotta wait for another run which I know won't happen before summer.
30t6p3b.gif

what confusion? they gave you a time, date, and place, along with amount that was up for grab.

Q...F...T

And %*## all that advertising on blogs/twitter/FB...let the +$*++! who are actually on here and don't "#NT" as a front get first dibs.
grin.gif

You can pencil me in for the 2nd set of fitteds...hopefully there's enough to go around next time.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bee GoT GaMe 23

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

I guarantee the next sale doesn't go so good, too many people got screwed out of hats that were rightfully theirs...people gloating about buying more than one, others getting screwed because of Ecap's server.
I feel they owe it to EVERYONE who got an error message to RESPECT our initial purchase attempt. We waited over 30-45mins in checkout to be f'd over by script jargon.
People are bragging about logging on from two sources contributed to over working the server and honest people got disadvantaged in the process.

We should have a special order of the ORIGINAL item with the patch...it's only right.

Btw i think EVERYONE had to go thru that 30min hassle/error screen, not just those who missed out..
Me and my girl both got this screen several times before the orders went through
I didn't. My sz8 is on its way
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

so pissed. i find it funny that the people who complained about the patch are the same people who ended up purchasing. seems like it did because they can have bragging rights instead of buying it because they actually liked it.
30t6p3b.gif

This

And why the hell would someone cop a NT hat and their not even a member on NT ?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

I also have doubts about the exact numbers available. I know of plenty NT members who are cool with cap city folks and I think it's safe to say those people all got hats no prob. 

I feel the same way, same as any BIG drop at a shoe spot, they take care of their regulars.

if you owned your own shop wouldnt you take care of your regulars?
Guess I was wrong but I thought this hat was suppose to be a hook-up for NT members?
This whole release just plays into the whole reason why shoe collecting has turned into such a mess. 

I expect stuff like this from $.C not NT 
ohwell.gif

air max has been saying that they didn't do no backdoor stuff and he had to pay regular price like everyone else,  i believe him and i think capcity handled the release as best as they possibly could.  if they were giving longtime customers who were niketalk members priority to get them in store, i honestly wouldn't be mad at them at all though even if i missed out on getting my hat. it's always good to take care of your long time customers.

144 hats selling out in 30 minutes is impressive though.  144 seems like a good number to have used for the inital hat,  when you factor in size runs and the fact that they decided to get this hat done, you wouldn't wanna be stuck with a ton of extra hats in the case that they didn't sell as well as planned so 144 was a good number to use for the inital release.

I'm not sure if the mods are allowed to say but i'll ask anyway. After new era gets their fee, and then cap city, how much is left over for charity?

Speaking of "for charity", it's funny how under produced this hat was.  It is obvious everyone would want it.  Terrible business sense no offense.

i have a feeling the "patch" will be what "nike air" is to jordans. folks will get clowned if they have the Jumpman (no patch) instead of the "nike air"

Originally Posted by MNadel

Speaking of "for charity", it's funny how under produced this hat was.  It is obvious everyone would want it.  Terrible business sense no offense.

sounds like you have no clue about business sense or how it is when a store orders hats through new era.   niketalk has been very fickle in the past,  talkin bout  "copped" or "for sure copped"  then those same dudes never end up coppin that respective item.   look at how many people were talkin about how $44 shipped is to much for a hat in the thread.  what happens if capcity overproduced the hat and then is stuck with a ton of excess hats, then their screwed.  the hat was a success and since that was the case, the next hat they make will probably be produced more.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I'm not sure if the mods are allowed to say but i'll ask anyway. After new era gets their fee, and then cap city, how much is left over for charity?

meth said that he should know sometime this week

look a few pages back at his post

144 hats when this site has thousands of members?  It is clearly evident that more than 1% or less of the population would want this hat.  I'm not saying to over produce the hat but this was a severe under estimation.  If you think 144 hats was a legit number, then you are obviously someone who didn't want the hat or got lucky enough to get an order through.  To say this wasn't a bad business sense is ******ed because this hat could of yielded multiple times the profit for charity.  

a poll needs to be done next time to try and estimate numbers and even a minimal amount of preorders just to ensure you dont over produce

Please stop complaining about the quantity for this first run of NT caps. This is an online community, not some corporation with unlimited resources ($$$). IIRC, ecapcity even fronted the money for the project themselves. And our response pretty much guaranteed a larger batch for the next run.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Please stop complaining about the quantity for this first run of NT caps. This is an online community, not some corporation with unlimited resources ($$$). IIRC, ecapcity even fronted the money for the project themselves. And our response pretty much guaranteed a larger batch for the next run.

this.

they took money out their pockets to fund this, without saying that all the hats would even sell out.

people in here talking about there wasn't enough, or this board has thousands of members.

What promise can you give that all the hats were gonna sell? just cause someone says copped, or this or that doesnt mean they are going to do it.

for as many people saying they wanted to buy, they were as many complaining about the hat
laugh.gif

preorders hardly if ever work, you guys telling me that majority of you are willing to give $44 4-5 months in advance? doubt it. Even without seeing the finished product?  nope.

144 hats when this site has thousands of members?  It is clearly evident that more than 1% or less of the population would want this hat.  I'm not saying to over produce the hat but this was a severe under estimation.  If you think 144 hats was a legit number, then you are obviously someone who didn't want the hat or got lucky enough to get an order through.  To say this wasn't a bad business sense is ******ed because this hat could of yielded multiple times the profit for charity.  
We sold between 200-250 NikeTalk t-shirts on launch night and never came close to matching that on subsequent releases.  The t-shirts were about 30% cheaper than these caps.  
Cap City's inventory space is limited and we don't consider ourselves entitled to it.  We wanted to minimize our exposure, sell through in one shot, build momentum, and reload for next time.   

Selling 144/144 is better for your branding as part of a long term strategy than selling 250/1,000.   We tried it the other way with the t-shirts.  The amount of time and energy required to perpetually stock a product isn't worth the extra return ground out slowly over an extended period of time.  At a certain point, you may as well get a minimum wage job on the side and donating the salary to charity.  In part, this was an exploratory release and what we learn from it will be applied to subsequent launches. 

To say that we missed out on a yield of "multiple times" what this effort generated is purely speculative.  

a poll needs to be done next time to try and estimate numbers and even a minimal amount of preorders just to ensure you dont over produce

Polls aren't that meaningful.  It's doesn't cost you anything to say you intend to buy something, especially sight unseen.
We can look at the unique hits to the ECC website during the launch window, but even then you can't assume that everyone there would've purchased a cap.  

When you do preorder only, you kill sales.  We know that from experience.  

And as far as the traffic issues are concerned, you guys have to understand the realities of webhosting and capacity scaling.  We can't ask Cap City to spend their own money to add a ton of capacity for one hour out of the entire year, and the way auto-scaling works you still have to wait 10 minutes for the increased capacity to kick in.  By then, most of the dust had already settled and orders were getting through.  

Expected Delivery Date: February 15, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail[emoji]174[/emoji]
Service(s): Signature Confirmation[emoji]8482[/emoji]

and NO, the second run should NOT be the exact same hat
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

i may not contribute a lot to this site, but i do read/check in in most of the forums. i think Meth and the other MODS already explained HOW, WHEN, WHERE, WHAT about the hat. would I be mad/pissed if i didn't get mine? sure i would, but let's not point fingers on who to blame. MODS put a lot of their own time on this, did they have too? no, i don't think so, but they wanted to do something for the community. let just make suggestion and talk about how we can make the second run better than the first one... my $.02.

The only gripe I agree with is making the cap more NT exclusive. No announcements needed via the sites twitter, fb, etc.

Originally Posted by MNadel

you gotta think about how much money they had to put up just to pout the order in tho

Originally Posted by Method Man

We can look at the unique hits to the ECC website during the launch window, but even then you can't assume that everyone there would've purchased a cap.  

i had no intention at all to buy the hat, but i was on the site n went thru the whole checkout process just to see how long it will take when a red and black one drops
pimp.gif

Streetpharm stop being such a hypebeast kid.
My point being.  To have a website race to see who gets the initial "limited" model hat was completely unfair.  Maybe I am wrong with saying not enough were produced but if launches to come aren't the exact same hat then it is unfair to those of us who have been around for years.  Who is to say who deserves a hat more than someone else.  No one... but it is a complete shame that it was decided by who could get through on the website the quickest.  144 hats was real limited but since ECap funded it, I understand.  A lot of people have earned there place around here and this was for "them", right?  

I was trying to get it in size 7 1/2 but the site crashed on me @ checkout. It's all good though...I am happy for everyone that got their orders to go through. I Still Want One!!!! Lol

Im not sure how everyone else bought theirs but I registered days before the hat came out. That way I wouldnt have to fillout anything but my credit card info.

The site crashed when I was checking out too, all I did was hit reload and the hat was still in my cart. Then I just repeated the checkout process.

Method Man!!! \(^_^)/ Sup bud...

Good stuff on the cap, I don't really wear caps but I'm glad they sold out.

If an all black one drops in the future, I'd be happy to purchase.

Back
Top Bottom