All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Shipping confirmation for my 7 1/2.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

ecap just called me, saying they dont have 5/8 no more so i just cancelled my order better luck next time i guess.

Originally Posted by CashMoney

ecap just called me, saying they dont have 5/8 no more so i just cancelled my order better luck next time i guess.

wow damn.  that sucks.  I wonder how many people that happened to.

If anyone has a 7 3/8 hat size please let me know. I'm with ntguy willing to pay top $ for it.

Now I hope resellers come through.

its kinda sad that resellers are probably gonna make money off these, when the point of this hat was for charity.
but yea im kinda mad i missed out also. oh well
hopefully there will be another release
nerd.gif

so i got a tracking number from ecapcity.com but it say theres no record of this item on usps.com....

Did anyone get a phone call from ecapcity? They said they ran out of 7 5/8 and changed my order to a 7 1/2... Ninjahood said they run kind of big so I'll hope for that.

Originally Posted by dopestop

Did anyone get a phone call from ecapcity? They said they ran out of 7 5/8 and changed my order to a 7 1/2... Ninjahood said they run kind of big so I'll hope for that.

that doesn't seem fair to whoever lost out on that 7 1/2.
btw, someone pm'ed me last night offering 65 for my 7 3/4.   hellll no.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by leothegod

so i got a tracking number from ecapcity.com but it say theres no record of this item on usps.com....

They probably wont pick them up until monday.....or the post man hasnt dropped by their store yet...calm down

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

laugh.gif

If you bought multiples one gets cancelled might be from that. It wouldn't be fair if I completely lost out on my 5/8.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

laugh.gif

If you bought multiples one gets cancelled might be from that. It wouldn't be fair if I completely lost out on my 5/8.

yep i got offered 1/2 but i gave it up. just cancelled my order

I would sell my 7 5/8 .....but i bought it for the nostalgia. (i guess if the price was right i would let it go......but it would have to be something i couldnt resist, like a trade for some foams
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Maybe the next release should go by tenure of the members??

Like, something for the people that have been here the longest and are still posting.

Originally Posted by yoRAJAH

For all those expressing discontent towards this experience and Cap City's handling of the release I understand where you're coming from, but it was me who told Cap City they could post it on their blog and promote it how they see fit.  Trust me, our intentions were not to screw any members over.  We wanted to give the community what they've been wanting for years without overextending ourselves in the process.  

Without Cap City, none of this happens.  Who do you think fronted the money for production?  Who essentially took all the risk and used part of their order allocation on us?  Cap City did.  Yes, I know how frustrating the ordering experience was for some of you.  I can empathize  having gone through midnight online releases in the past and coming up short.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, I think CC's website performed well considering the situation.  You have to remember that they've never experienced anything like this.  While their site slowed to crawl, it did manage to stay up during the bombardment of hits and in the end, it got the job done so I applaud them.

For those saying, why only 144, why didn't we make more, etc.. We decided on that number to play it safe.  We had no guarantees that this hat would do as well as it did.  Even with the week leading up to the release, I didn't think interest would be as high as it was considering how many of you were complaining about the size of the patch.   It wasn't our money we were gambling with.  While I was confident we would sell out, there was just no way I could guarantee that they would based on past NT releases.  We learned from this experience, and we'll be using this initial release to gauge future orders and we'll be looking at traffic numbers to see what the interest was really like.  I do know, that the numbers exceeded expectations.

As far as releasing the same night as the foams, again, my fault.  I stopped keeping up with release dates and didn't know about them until someone mentioned it in this thread.  I missed out on those.  Misery loves company right?

In regards to having the community input in the next design, they're pretty much done, but we will take it into consideration.  But think of this situation, 60,000 chefs in the kitchen doesn't sound like the greatest of ideas.

Someone mentioned trademark issues, CC was kind enough to trademark our logos for us so we don't have to worry about anyone else releasing NT fitteds.

I think I've addressed most of your concerns, I don't really know what else to say.  I apologize again to all those that didn't get a hat, but I guarantee that their there will be other opportunities for all of you to own an NT fitted in the near future.

<>
happy.gif
I had to.  But seriously thank you Raj, Meth and the whole NT community.  I would like to express my deepest gratitude and thank every single person responsible for making this happen.  This is why people come to niketalk.  I'm glad to be a part of it.  People helping out strangers on their own free time and not getting paid for it.  It takes something special for that to take place and I just want to thank everyone for making NT the unique place that it is.  My fitted is being shipped, my condolences go out for all who missed on this opportunity. 

you guys are forgetting the obvious, its just a hat + it's for chariy...

Better to underproduce than overproduce...
Stop complaining about missing out.

Originally Posted by leothegod

likewise here, it's most likely usps lagging if they did ship em today and it will show up when you check it tonight.

im glad they use usps priority rather then fed ex or ups ground though.   i live in cali  and if they shipped today it's a good chance my hats will be here on monday
pimp.gif

This thread's gonna jump OD pages when everyone gets their fitteds due to sizing.. Anyone who KNOWS fitteds knows custom fitteds w/ patches on the side run big, So those who got offered a sz down cuz their size sold out prolly lucked out.

Got my shipping conf.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom