Album Sales 8-5-09

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Its krasy to me that people can't give 10 dollars to something they like...
He got bread already.

Also they rushed putting this out. He shoulda made a video for that Throw It In The Bag Remix & let EEE bubble.

How are yall surprised by Fab's numbers?

Believe it or not his fanbase is not that big, his singles are weak and he just doesn't have much charisma/personality/buzz as Ross and Jada do. I stillbought it and this album is still top 3 of the year for me, but a largely popular artist Fabolous is not. I know he's blown too, is this his worst debut(numbers wise) in his career?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Believe it or not his fanbase is not that big, his singles are weak and he just doesn't have much charisma/personality/buzz as Ross and Jada do. I still bought it and this album is still top 3 of the year for me, but a largely popular artist Fabolous is not. I know he's blown too, is this his worst debut (numbers wise) in his career?
Fabolous is CERTAINLY more popular than Ross & Jada...primarily because he's historically locked down a fan base that Ross and Jadahaven't...Women. Fab had the R&B fusion market locked down for this decade.

Fab's got 2 platinum albums under his belt and 2 gold. Jada's got 2 platinum albums under his belt...but he's only made 3 and they've beenconsiderably spaced apart as far as time in between goes. Ross hasn't ever touched platinum.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Believe it or not his fanbase is not that big, his singles are weak and he just doesn't have much charisma/personality/buzz as Ross and Jada do. I still bought it and this album is still top 3 of the year for me, but a largely popular artist Fabolous is not. I know he's blown too, is this his worst debut (numbers wise) in his career?
Fabolous is CERTAINLY more popular than Ross & Jada...primarily because he's historically locked down a fan base that Ross and Jada haven't...Women. Fab had the R&B fusion market locked down for this decade.

Fab's got 2 platinum albums under his belt and 2 gold. Jada's got 2 platinum albums under his belt...but he's only made 3 and they've been considerably spaced apart as far as time in between goes. Ross hasn't ever touched platinum.

Agree

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Fabolous is CERTAINLY more popular than Ross & Jada...primarily because he's historically locked down a fan base that Ross and Jada haven't...Women. Fab had the R&B fusion market locked down for this decade.

Fab's got 2 platinum albums under his belt and 2 gold. Jada's got 2 platinum albums under his belt...but he's only made 3 and they've been considerably spaced apart as far as time in between goes. Ross hasn't ever touched platinum.
yall b in denial... he got a fanbase of mixtape lovers who dont buy his albums... totally different... women are the only people buyin his records... and fab doesnt have 2 platimum albums he has one... jada doesnt have any... where do yall get this info from? yall know riaa has a website right?
laugh.gif
jada has no commercial appeal whatsoever and fab came out back when anybody could go platinum... at the end of the day his album still wack as %+##...
Same thing I said, Jada aint went plat solo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He may be more popular than Jada because of the long hiatus Jada is always on but I disagree with Rick Ross. Rick Ross always stays around due to the Southernmovement and he has his own unique sound of music (laid back, smooth but banging rap music), Fabolous doesn't have that at all. Apparently not too manywomen went out and actually bought the album either but only time will tell, I think he will barely go gold by this time next year. You may say Fab has theR&B fusion market on lock just because he keeps regurgitating the same formula over and over again with R&B guest spots and features but on this albumIMO it's overdone. He shoulda actually stuck with idea of making a "concept album" because the bulk of the album does not follow one at all.

yall b in denial... he got a fanbase of mixtape lovers who dont buy his albums... totally different... women are the only people buyin his records... and fab doesnt have 2 platimum albums he has one... jada doesnt have any... where do yall get this info from? yall know riaa has a website right?
laugh.gif
jada has no commercial appeal whatsoever and fab came out back when anybody could go platinum... at the end of the day his album still wack as %+##...

I was wrong about Jada...I thought I had read that somewhere. But you're right...the RIAA does have a website...and it says Fabolous has 2 platinum albumsunder his belt

[table][tr][td]FABOLOUS[/td] [td]Title
STREET DREAMS[/td] [td]Certification Date
09/22/2003[/td] [td]Label
ELEKTRA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Award Description
PLATINUM[/td] [td]Format
ALBUM[/td] [td]Category
SOLO[/td] [td]Type
ST[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Artist
FABOLOUS[/td] [td]Title
GHETTO FABOLOUS[/td] [td]Certification Date
02/06/2003[/td] [td]Label
ELEKTRA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Award Description
PLATINUM[/td] [td]Format
ALBUM[/td] [td]Category
SOLO[/td] [td]Type
ST[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Rick Ross always stays around due to the Southern movement and he has his own unique sound of music (laid back, smooth but banging rap music), Fabolous doesn't have that at all.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How come when FAB has a smooth, laid back, bangin' rap music style...he's biting off Mase.

But if Rick Ross has a smooth, laid back, bangin' rap music style....that #%@*# is "unique."

You cats never cease to amaze me.

Also, you guys need to appreciate Loso's Way for the 16 tracks that are on the album, instead of criticizing it for not being fluid with the theme.

Do tracks 1-16 follow a gangster-flick theme? NO.
Do tracks 1-16 combine to make a nice album? YES.

It's funny...it's almost as if a lot of y'all would like this album A LOT more if it had a different name.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I'm talking about Rick Ross having a signature sound, if you can't see that then youmust be from another planet. I never said nothing about his rapping style. All three of his albums have a different feel, Fabolous doesn't have a signatureto me he just mixes a ton of different things in one album. I still like it, but it's not really cohesive to me. And I don't think Fab is anything likeMase except for the similar voice, Fab has way better lyrics. As for the title of the album, he should have never said it was a concept album if he's notgonna stick to it whereas Jay-Z stuck to American Gangster as much as everyone loves to say "it was an excuse to rap about drugs again".

You're too sensitive man, I still bought and liked the album though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
It took him a year and a half but he def went platinum off Kiss of Death.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
It took him a year and a half but he def went platinum off Kiss of Death.
laugh.gif
yea I still remember the post, we had the official Jadakiss Platinum Watch, I think he was at like 999,986 at one point or something crazy closelike that and people started going out to buy the CD so he'd make it to platinum officially
laugh.gif

I don't know how Jada sold those numbers his first week, he didn't have any buzz really. I think Def Jam bought some of those and I bought one and itwas a TERRIBLE CD, just thinking about it pisses me off. I think Fabolous was expected to do more tho, I know Def Jam is not happy about that.

Loso's Way >>> The Last Kiss >>> Deeper Than Rap

Originally Posted by jefffort5

fab didnt have beef with 50.....

laugh.gif
: Nobody cared about that Ross and Fif beef. IT was stupid from the get go. You had Ross mad because Fif ignored him. You had Ross makin' diss songsand Fif makin' comedy videos.
laugh.gif
$%$ shouldn't have even beenconsidered a beef. And at this point Fif is probably a gold seller himself so he really can't help anyone push records anymore.

NYC dudes don't buy albums, while down south cats are mad remedial and still haven't discovered the internet, hence there better album sales.

Loso's Way was heavily delayed.. please dont use the excuse of RUSHING the album date and such...

Fabulous just needs to drop like 4 videos/radio singles before his albums comeout from here on out...

Back
Top Bottom