Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Yo Prophecy, I'm on the SK LOL. It don't allow me to post a response to the quote, so I was just let that rip.

And Sylvester, you're on point my dude. Not a lot of cats rockin' these in the boroughs. Everybody on the 6 Rings hard. I counted 30 heads rockin thewhite/blk colorway, last night at the theatre (go see Quarantine!) if it matters...

Some sellers on ebay have the white/blk Penny 2's already, for the impatient ones.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yo Prophecy, I'm on the SK LOL. It don't allow me to post a response to the quote, so I was just let that rip.

And Sylvester, you're on point my dude. Not a lot of cats rockin' these in the boroughs. Everybody on the 6 Rings hard. I counted 30 heads rockin the white/blk colorway, last night at the theatre (go see Quarantine!) if it matters...

Some sellers on ebay have the white/blk Penny 2's already, for the impatient ones.
yea I noticed that same thing with the Penny's.

But I really don't care lol, keep it that way... I love my penny's

So far I have only seen 1 by Hunter College in manhattan and another one in Queens Center Mall...

What come to my mind is this: You have to remember that these sneakers are more popular among people who are in their near mid 20's. Young kids don'tcare about Penny's
laugh.gif
grin.gif
....All they care is about Jordans, yet they were too young or have never seenJordan play in his prime. Wearing Jordan's is a status symbol and that's what most of the kids care about. But when it comes to older group, thepenny's are nostalgic. Most of the people in this age group have jobs/ careers where they cannot wear sneakers lol...They can only wear them once a weekor during the weekend.

I only wear them once a week too
laugh.gif

That's just my theory.

pr0phecy718

So far I have only seen 1 by Hunter College in manhattan and another one in Queens Center Mall...

What come to my mind is this: You have to remember that these sneakers are more popular among people who are in their near mid 20's. Young kids don't care about Penny's
laugh.gif
grin.gif
....All they care is about Jordans, yet they were too young or have never seen Jordan play in his prime. Wearing Jordan's is a status symbol and that's what most of the kids care about. But when it comes to older group, the penny's are nostalgic. Most of the people in this age group have jobs/ careers where they cannot wear sneakers lol...They can only wear them once a week or during the weekend.

laugh.gif

That's just my theory.

Air Jordan's to these kids are now status symbol hahhahhah. I definitely have to agree with what you said.

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

pr0phecy718

What come to my mind is this: You have to remember that these sneakers are more popular among people who are in their near mid 20's. Young kids don't
care about Penny's
laugh.gif
grin.gif
....All they care is about Jordans, yet they were too young or have never seen
Jordan play in his prime.
Wearing Jordan's is a status symbol and that's what most of the kids care about. But when it comes to older group, the
penny's are nostalgic. Most of the people in this age group have jobs/ careers where they cannot wear sneakers lol...They can only wear them once a week
or during the weekend.

laugh.gif

That's just my theory.
Air Jordan's to these kids are now status symbol hahhahhah. I definitely have to agree with what you said.

Real talk!!!!!

Prophecy, your theory is on point. Especially status symbol part lol.

On a sidenote, Prohpecy, get back on AIM sometime LOL.

pr0phecy, that is realtalk bout the kids and jays.

i have yet to see some kids rockin the IIs, and none yet, so i should be seeing these and the whites on the sales rack pretty soon and multiples will bescooped up. I'll probably unds mine today to go to Wal-Mart.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJerms

I picked up my pair yesterday, came out to $111....I used 25% off from McDonald's Monopoly.
oh thats wassup. i was just about to ask if the penny 2s were allowed to be used on that.

Prophecy, your theory is on point. Especially status symbol part lol.

On a sidenote, Prohpecy, get back on AIM sometime LOL.
laugh.gif
I don't mess with AIM anymore
Hit me up on PM tho

Originally Posted by KingJerms

I picked up my pair yesterday, came out to $111....I used 25% off from McDonald's Monopoly.
oh thats wassup. i was just about to ask if the penny 2s were allowed to be used on that.
HUH? what?
nerd.gif
what is there in McDonald's monoply??? Explain, I haven't played it yet
laugh.gif

^^probaly %25 off Foot Locker coupons like evry year.

How funny, as Im typing this the McDs Monopoly commercial is on
laugh.gif

I'm glad I grew up in my time cause I did get the opportunity to watch Jordan play as many of you have said! You can bring up the rest of the team andI'm sure tons of people don't know who they probably are like kukoc, kerr, grant, maybe pippen. Yeah know.

^^^word Steve Kerr killed those 3 pointers, sucked for me because I was always a Laker fan.

Back on topic.....I paid retail+shipping for my Pennys, and Im not disappointed one bit. Wore them yesterday, and loved em. Fit me true to size, and that zoomair in the fore foot was lovely.

Word, I'm appreciative, that I grew up in the 90's. I got to see Penny, Grant Hill, Jordan, Pippen, and the 50th NBA, where in my opinion, 1994-1998,was simply great for the NBA. I know I'm forgettin' the Stocktons, Malones, Barkleys, Kemps, Paytons, among other great players from the 90's, butthe 20-somethin' audience, should know what I'm sayin'.

^^^Those were some great players right there. Let's not forget Hakeem, Ewing & Starks, Drexler, Reggie, KJ, a young Shaq, D. Robinson, Webber,Richmond...I could go on and on. Also...back then shoe companies use to promote their athlete's with TV COMMERCIALS, too many dope ones to recall them all.

^^^word Steve Kerr killed those 3 pointers, sucked for me because I was always a Laker fan

U and me both!!!!
mad.gif

HOLLA!!!

pr0phecy718,
That was a great point that you made.
I havent even worn my pennys yet because the jobs that i have right now actually requires for you to be dressed a certain way (professional) so all i do islook at them when i have the chance to do so.

I tried my pair on once and yes they are comfortable however im to the point where i dont really wanna wear them outside at all so i might have to just doubleup or even triple up on that exact same colorway lol.

I am extremely happy that i grew up in the 90s era, i got to see them all too! Grant Hill, Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, Stackhouse, AI, Kobe, Malone, Stockton,Mullin, Tim Hardaway, etc.

You know what, let the crowd that has been brainwashed to wear jordans because of a status symbol continue to do so. I love the six rings especially in theblack/red colorway however i would take a pair of pennys over them anyday especially in the OG colors. Alot of these people dont even know the history behindair jordans let alone Penny Hardaway but this is a new era too so to each its own.
Also, if anyone knows where i can purchase a pair of the OG nike air penny IIs get at me

Thank you sneakermane for being Lou Gehrig to my Babe Ruth with that post bro. Dead on about the commercials. I used to get amped in the fall anticipating whatsneakers and sneaker commercials are on tap.

On a sidenote, how many Baltimore Orioles lids you own? You seemingly have every hue imaginable fam.

Prophecy good looks on those. I needed those for my favorites list my dude.

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

I tried my pair on once and yes they are comfortable however im to the point where i dont really wanna wear them outside at all so i might have to just double up or even triple up on that exact same colorway lol.
laugh.gif
I bought a second pair for the same reason and I neverever did that for any sneaker lol.... Under normal circumstances, I would think its stupid to buy multiple pairs of the same shoe in the same colorway. Butwhen it came to air penny IIs, I had to do it
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

jordans were always a status symbol, its just not now....but its sad kids buying up all these retro crap with crappy quality.

THAT SCOTTIE PIPPEN COMMERCIAL IS...
pimp.gif

Thank you sneakermane for being Lou Gehrig to my Babe Ruth with that post bro. Dead on about the commercials. I used to get amped in the fall anticipating what sneakers and sneaker commercials are on tap.

On a sidenote, how many Baltimore Orioles lids you own? You seemingly have every hue imaginable fam.

Prophecy good looks on those. I needed those for my favorites list my dude.

I'm up to 32 O's fitteds & counting...

It's the sign of the times...and these companies act like their lost. If your trying to sell a product or service, you must promote it. Who would have wentand saw Quarantine this weekend if you didn't see the commercial for it? Those 2009 Nissan Maximas look REAL GOOD...especially on TV. Makes you wanna buyone, don't it? Sneakers are no exception to the rule...companies need to promote their @#$%...but they don't do that anymore. They don't endorsethe athlete's that wear their own products?!

Penny had commercials...so did Scottie. Sick ones too. As OK as those retro Pippen 1s are selling...imagine if that same commercial posted above from youtubewas replayed nonstop today. More youths that didn't catch Scottie in his prime would see the man in action & run to the stores. Same way with thesePennys. It wouldn't cost Nike nothing to put that Penny 2 commercial on TV..lil' Penny included. It is their commercial, They own all the rights.Ain't like they gotta shoot anything new!!!

smokin.gif

But cause shoe companies are so #@@ backwards, they don't promote their product. Chris Paul was almost MVP...but I couldn't tell you what a CP-3 lookslike if you held me at gunpoint.
smh.gif
And that's why no matter how dope a retro is...they don't sell out anymore. Cause only cats on NT like myself and afew others really know & long for certain shoes. But the masses don't care about a Penny. They walk in the store...look at the Penny 2...say "yo,that's um...Penny what's his face shoe, right?" And keep right on moving.
frown.gif

There is NO WAY a dope shoe retroed ACCURATELY like the Penny 2s, Penny 1s, Air Tech Challenge 2s to name a few...should be just sitting on shelves collectingdust...getting marked down or waiting for such. But if your not Lebron James...shoe companies be penny pinching. I'ma leave ya'll with one of my alltime favs...back when companies actually promoted NBA stars.

CHECK!!!!

HOLLA!!!

Its jus funny how even employees thought this shoe was gonna smoke out of their locales but in the end they will collect dust jus like the pips that were ondisplay wit them in the FA I passed. Also nyc young'ns have seemingly bene reprogrammed to think the only hot sneaker out there is either a Jordan or vans.I see more kids rockin horrid team j's than any other gr nike release.....especially retro's honestly wit the shoe I mentioned before in my last post,I notice an overwhelmign majority of the people rockin the cb34's were in the age group 25 and up. It goes to show where kids heads are at when it comes tofootwear. I saw one dude in queens by my school and two in the bx wit these all of which were in their mid to late 20's with the exception of one fakehoodlum yet I saw at least 12 pairs of 6 rings this weekend.... While beauty tanks, basura sells.....I hope nike continues the trend of droppin shoes from mychildhood/adolesence....my storage space will continue to swell....btw u can def. Put me down for the blk/red.....

im assuming they, the penny II's are selling considering that they've been just about cleaned out on eastbay at full price.

as soon as the next 50 comes up on footlocker you can consider these gone. a friend of mine who works at footlocker in NYC told me people love pennys downthere.

Back
Top Bottom