Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Lol I’ll be surprised if your average consumer busts through these. Maybe a former collegiate player or an explosive big man but your average consumer? Nah most likely not happening

That said I’m only copping if they go deep disco. Spent too much on 36s and definitely trying to cop Black LBJ XXs when they drop 😅
from my experience, there are shoes that do rip even for the average consumer. whether people consider me a former collegiate player or not, I had some bad ones. however, what is concerning is seeing these practically new shoes that just bust right off. it would have been understandable if they were old shoes, but new ones? :emoji_rolling_eyes:

So nobody thinks it was just a defective shoe and are willing to trash the whole 37 line over 1 incident?
🤔
From my experience it’s been great to hoop in and in all honestly it likely is just a freak accident, but I do think it deserves to get criticism given how the material quality has declined in each sig. I can dig the lightweight performance innovations they are trying to make but a situation like this begs the question on whether they are trying to go too far.

I wish we could get the 35 materials with the performance of the 36. The 35s were great except for the high arch eclipse plate but from a material standpoint it felt like something I’d expect from a Jordan brand shoe.

From my experience it’s been great to hoop in and in all honestly it likely is just a freak accident, but I do think it deserves to get criticism given how the material quality has declined in each sig. I can dig the lightweight performance innovations they are trying to make but a situation like this begs the question on whether they are trying to go too far.

I wish we could get the 35 materials with the performance of the 36. The 35s were great except for the high arch eclipse plate but from a material standpoint it felt like something I’d expect from a Jordan brand shoe.
I'd agree with you, I like the 35 but that eclipse plate made me hate that shoe. really terrible design cue.

from my experience, there are shoes that do rip even for the average consumer. whether people consider me a former collegiate player or not, I had some bad ones. however, what is concerning is seeing these practically new shoes that just bust right off. it would have been understandable if they were old shoes, but new ones? :emoji_rolling_eyes:
I feel like they’ve been out long enough that we would’ve seen a civilian bust through these in a city league or pickup game by now. I’m chalking it up to big boy with above average athleticism… I.E. professional athlete
Grant Williams can barely dunk lol
I looked this up someone documented all 17 of his dunks last season :lol: some were kind of in traffic too but yeah he’s like one of the least aesthetically pleasing dunkers in the league

i doubt this strongly.

these are falling in line with the jordans that had a gloryhole on the side.

nobody asked for that see thru type of material all over their shoes.

its like something odd kanye west would wear.

now if they were some of the most comfortable shoes on earth maybe a few could look past the looks.

It's all opinion. 2010s were the reverse for me. Look terrible casually, solid hooping shoe and I wish I had bought more at deep disco.

these are falling in line with the jordans that had a gloryhole on the side.

air-jordan-5-metallic-silver-release-date.jpg

the only reason I bought the playoffs 37's was so maybe they sell out and Jordan brand will give me some real retros (dmps and 2012s are wrong) of the VII playoffs next year (Cardinals Shmardinals!)

(jk, I actually like them on feet as weirdo casual shoes, with black socks you can't tell they are see-through)

What’s everyone’s top ten worst performing AJs? Obviously in reality they’re still good shoes overall but don’t hold up to other AJ models. Here’s mine sucka
1) IV (good lockdown though)
2) I (good traction and heel to toe transition though)
3) III (good ankle support and fit)
4) IX (just need to fix the heel)
5) XI (patent leather and mesh doesn’t mold to your feet)
6) XXXVII
7) VIII (just too bulky otherwise fine)
8 ) 2009 (just too stiff and heavy)
9) XXXIII (traction wasn’t durable, didn’t move laterally well)
10) VI (doesn’t fit great or move laterally smoothly, everything else is good though).

What’s everyone’s top ten worst performing AJs? Obviously in reality they’re still good shoes overall but don’t hold up to other AJ models. Here’s mine sucka
6) XXXVII
10) VI (doesn’t fit great or move laterally smoothly, everything else is good though).

If the shoe doesn’t have something in it that hurts my feet and as long as they don’t slip it’s all the same to me. I don’t care how heavy or unbreathable it is. If it looks good and fits right ill Hoop in it and ball. That’s why I don’t understand the need to make these shoes lighter and lighter. If you suck you suck.

6) XXXVII
I would have worn any shoe back in the day and won't have issues with it.
but at my current state, my 10 shoes in that list in no particular order are:

1. AJ 1 - good shoe for casual, bad for playing overall. good traction though as mentioned
2. AJ 5 - like the shoe design, felt they were heavy and cushion is synonymous to the Reeboks
3. AJ 9 - good looking shoe, felt like bricks
4. AJ 11 - love the shoe for casual use. it's quite meh for performance.
5. AJ 18 - slippery *** traction.
6. AJ 29 - busting zoom air and warping.
7. AJ 31 - bad traction
8. AJ 33 - dental floss lacing system.
9. AJ 35 - eclipse plate
10. AJ 37 - gauze crap

6) XXXVII

I loved my '99 IV's for ball. Really great all around. The cushioning was decent and not the brick like feel of 4's of today.
Don't have much of an opinion on models past 14, but the 23 was not comfortable for me.
9's were pretty bad in terms of traction and lockdown.
5/6's had traction issues with the clear soles

I’ve only hooped in 2 pairs of retros, and one of those times was only because I forgot my shoes at home. First pair was the 2000 Concords. Meh. Second time was the first retro of the True Blue 3s. Those tore up the arches of my feet. Lol

Back
Top Bottom