Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

As a lifelong Lakers fan, I can’t root for the Celtics so it’s

1654218502934.gif

And

1654218566222.gif
Fresh out of california love,
been a Texan for a couple years now. Tatum and the Cs are a team i can get behind regardless of being a Lakers fan of old.

Funny you post that, I was hooping yesterday and noticed a guy in those curry’s in the red colorway. I was like dang they’re similar to the 36 infrared lows. From the low cut, to the weave upper, to the speckle sole.
FR 36 lows giving me that curry vibe.

Before today I wore my 36 lows around the house to break them in and a couple quick times on the court to get shots up when I went to workout. I went 1/2 up and the sizing felt good - no pinky toe issues, no heel slip. I took them to the gym today to play and wasn't so lucky. I laced up a little tighter to get real lockdown and still no pinky toe issues nor heel slippage. Unfortunately I got bad pressure on the top of my shoe from the reinforced upper/trim near the lowest lace loops (area circled in the attached photo). I tried to warm up in them for 20-30 min see if the shoes would break in but the pain just got worse and worse. I ended up switching to my backup shoes and played on with a sore foot. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't had this issue in any my two pairs of mids. I got them from NDC and I'm going to exchange them for another pair if the same thing happens when I play tomorrow or Saturday.
Man… that’s the worst feeling when you get excited to try a new pair of sneakers and you end up having to switch to the back up pair. Been there many times. |l

need to replace that shoe. it's bad luck. better go back to the Mambas.
Ahhh yes the infamous your shoes do not match curse,
a team captain must lead by example as the curse spares few. Fortunately Smart was..Smart enough to have caught onto the fact that the curse had been activated, had he not the Celtics may have very well lost game 1.

Man… that’s the worst feeling when you get excited to try a new pair of sneakers and you end up having to switch to the back up pair. Been there many times. |l

I have to switch shoes a lot when I first get them but I figure it’s just my feet.

When I play in a new shoe it hurts once instart to run for 20 minutes or so and then it goes away, if I’m lucky. If it last longer than 30-40 minutes I switch them out and try again later.

The GT Jumps took 7 or 8 times before they stopped hurting.

I brought Jordan 12 Playoffs out for the first time today and there was no pain at all! Very weird but I was happy.

I have to switch shoes a lot when I first get them but I figure it’s just my feet.

When I play in a new shoe it hurts once instart to run for 20 minutes or so and then it goes away, if I’m lucky. If it last longer than 30-40 minutes I switch them out and try again later.

The GT Jumps took 7 or 8 times before they stopped hurting.

I brought Jordan 12 Playoffs out for the first time today and there was no pain at all! Very weird but I was happy.
I tried to break in my 35s for more than a month. using them atleast twice a week for casual use. returned them after the shoe caused me so much pain even without wearing them. suffered an injury just by wearing them. took me atleast 3 months to start recovering from the pain.

the Jumps took about 2-3 wears before they became a lot more comfortable. now, it's practically the best cushion feel among the shoes that I have.

the 12s for me are not that easy to break in. they still feel like comfortable bricks.

I tried to break in my 35s for more than a month. using them atleast twice a week for casual use. returned them after the shoe caused me so much pain even without wearing them. suffered an injury just by wearing them. took me atleast 3 months to start recovering from the pain.

the Jumps took about 2-3 wears before they became a lot more comfortable. now, it's practically the best cushion feel among the shoes that I have.

the 12s for me are not that easy to break in. they still feel like comfortable bricks.
That’s crazy bro, sorry they didn’t work out. I must have weird feet because the 35s are one of my favorites to hoop in.

Last edited:

Wow I’m sorry to hear that you have had similar issues as me. I know it’s my feet though because it Can’t be Every shoe!

Strangely the 35’s were good with me the first time I wore them. I said strangely because many had issues with the eclipse plate.

I didn’t have issues with the 34’s but the 33’s :rolleyes I wore them twice, read reviews that they take a long time to break-in so I gave up on them.

I NEED cushion and the Jumps have the most Zoom so I’m gonna MAKE those work and not give up on them! :rofl:

The sad part about the Jumps is that two other pair of brand new ones and when I think about wearing them I

1654294502774.gif

I was shocked the 12’s were so good right out of the box.

That full length Zoom

1654296152822.gif

Man I’m bout to be out on this model lol 🤦‍♂️

Mids didn’t work for me, toe pinch was brutal. I got a few games in, enough to know if they were just a little wider, they’d be amazing.

Infrared lows in my tts still pinch bad. I actually ordered the tan colored lows in a full size up just to see. I’ll give em a try when they arrive. Maybe 0.5 up would’ve been good but they didn’t make that size. I’m skeptical 1 size up will work, I’ve literally never done a full size up before.

Wow I’m sorry to hear that you have had similar issues as me. I know it’s my feet though because it Can’t be Every shoe!

Strangely the 35’s were good with me the first time I wore them. I said strangely because many had issues with the eclipse plate.

I didn’t have issues with the 34’s but the 33’s :rolleyes I wore them twice, read reviews that they take a long time to break-in so I gave up on them.

I NEED cushion and the Jumps have the most Zoom so I’m gonna MAKE those work and not give up on them! :rofl:

The sad part about the Jumps is that two other pair of brand new ones and when I think about wearing them I

1654294502774.gif

I was shocked the 12’s were so good right out of the box.

That full length Zoom

1654296152822.gif
Not sure what issues you guys are having with the Jumps, but my pairs don't have any. I haven't worn my 12s for a long time.

Not sure what issues you guys are having with the Jumps, but my pairs don't have any. I haven't worn my 12s for a long time.

The Jumps are great until I start running in them. They don’t feel too tight when I put them on but once I start running it’s a wrap.

At least for 20 or so minutes. I have to stop running and shoot free throws or dribble in place. I have flat feet so that might be the issue with my shoes.

After wearing them a few times the pain goes away , unfortunately the Jumps took 7-8 times.

The Jumps are great until I start running in them. They don’t feel too tight when I put them on but once I start running it’s a wrap.

At least for 20 or so minutes. I have to stop running and shoot free throws or dribble in place. I have flat feet so that might be the issue with my shoes.

After wearing them a few times the pain goes away , unfortunately the Jumps took 7-8 times.
I had loosen the laces on my pair, so it was good. Tried sprinting in them already. While they were ok for such activity, I believe they were more for post usage. If speed wasn't your concern, Jumps are great. For sprints, the Cuts and 36 are it.

I'm just gonna keep wearing and hope it loosens up. :rofl:
Tried my infrared lows again today and the pain was there again and it didn’t go away. It’s just a weird hot spot. Just sent them back to NDC and will order another pair of the infrareds or try the tan ones.

Back
Top Bottom