AIr jordan XXXV first info.

jshortt jshortt - I too remember begging my parents for the OG 3s. Kept hearing “nobody we know buys their kids $100 sneakers!” My first pair ended up being the Fire Reds because by the time I finally broke my parents down there were no Cements or Black pairs left anywhere. :lol:

7B81A25A-3234-4614-B9FF-5E0DD16887E4.jpeg

NEEEEEED

I finally broke down and bought the COG'S off StockX today. The first time I saw pics I wasn't sure what to make of them but they've grown on me big time, and with the Warriors going for more it's a no brainer to me. I wanted the Warriors but not paying the insane resell. I got the COG'S for basically retail plus shipping and the Stockx fee.

When the 3 first dropped I was in awe of it. I had the OG Fire Red 3 and I treated those things like a newborn baby. I remember the leather on the whole shoe, including the tongue looked super nice and soft. The one shoe that was weird to me when it first came out was the 8. It looked like a space boot with the crazy design and colors, and it had the cross Velcro straps. It came up super high. That one was for sure weird at the time.
I love this bro I thought the 8 was super weird when I was younger but man I love them on foot. I like that you had the OG 3 and treated it like Gold that's amazing man !

BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 I remember BEGGING my mom for the OG 3's. They were the first J with a visible air unit and I was just blown away by that. We went to my OG local store, but I was in some weird in-between GS/adult size they didn't carry. Told us to go to Shoe Carnival next door because they had some Jordans. We walked in and I will never forget it as long as I live. They had a 6ft tall pyramid of Royal 1's for like $35 (down from $65 msrp). Of course my little kid self turned up my nose at them and went gross, those are old, and we left lol. The 4's and the Hot Lava Agassi Tech Challenge 2 were what really started my fascination with shoes. Wanted the 4's, but never had them on the original run, but was able to get the Black/Metallic 5's for basketball camp. I loved them, but I also remember getting a lot of sht for wearing "moon boots." Same with my 6's. What I saw wasn't what a lot of other older people saw.

Magic33 Magic33 Some broad brush strokes on some of the prices in here. I can state unequivocally 95 Chicago 1's bombed bigger than hell. My local chain spot had marked them down to $24.99 by the end of May when I bought my pair. I know I took the tag off the box, but I MIGHT still have the receipt. I can't speak to the Banneds because they were harder to find and my spot didn't get them at all.

I heard stories about the 94 3's going on sale/hitting outlets, but I never saw that.

2's definitely bombed and went on sale pretty much everywhere that got them. I got the lows from Eastbay for under retail.

99 4's is where things start getting a little murky. The Blacks and Cements both smoked out of every store in my area. My friend and I actually drove an hour to mom & pop and got our Blacks 2 weeks early. The Retro+ pairs were the ones that started hitting sale racks.

2000 5's 100% depended on the colorway too. Metallics and Fire Reds both smoked everywhere that I know of, including Eastbay where I got 2 of my pairs. Once again, the Retro+ colorways were the ones that bombed. I was working at FTL at the time and was able to get a spare pair of Laneys for $16 like a year after release. They straight up rotted on shelves.

That hella sucks bro I hate being that age where you cant fit a mens size and cant fit a kids size that a terrible time. Lol on the Royals. I like that you had the fresh *** sneakers and people didnt like them, how bad are some people's taste is ridiculous in sneakers. I cant believe some people thought those were moon boots such. Sleek sexy sneaker man especially the OGs damn man u had the freshness before anyone else you were around haha.

BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 I remember BEGGING my mom for the OG 3's. They were the first J with a visible air unit and I was just blown away by that. We went to my OG local store, but I was in some weird in-between GS/adult size they didn't carry. Told us to go to Shoe Carnival next door because they had some Jordans. We walked in and I will never forget it as long as I live. They had a 6ft tall pyramid of Royal 1's for like $35 (down from $65 msrp). Of course my little kid self turned up my nose at them and went gross, those are old, and we left lol. The 4's and the Hot Lava Agassi Tech Challenge 2 were what really started my fascination with shoes. Wanted the 4's, but never had them on the original run, but was able to get the Black/Metallic 5's for basketball camp. I loved them, but I also remember getting a lot of sht for wearing "moon boots." Same with my 6's. What I saw wasn't what a lot of other older people saw.

Magic33 Magic33 Some broad brush strokes on some of the prices in here. I can state unequivocally 95 Chicago 1's bombed bigger than hell. My local chain spot had marked them down to $24.99 by the end of May when I bought my pair. I know I took the tag off the box, but I MIGHT still have the receipt. I can't speak to the Banneds because they were harder to find and my spot didn't get them at all.

I heard stories about the 94 3's going on sale/hitting outlets, but I never saw that.

2's definitely bombed and went on sale pretty much everywhere that got them. I got the lows from Eastbay for under retail.

99 4's is where things start getting a little murky. The Blacks and Cements both smoked out of every store in my area. My friend and I actually drove an hour to mom & pop and got our Blacks 2 weeks early. The Retro+ pairs were the ones that started hitting sale racks.

2000 5's 100% depended on the colorway too. Metallics and Fire Reds both smoked everywhere that I know of, including Eastbay where I got 2 of my pairs. Once again, the Retro+ colorways were the ones that bombed. I was working at FTL at the time and was able to get a spare pair of Laneys for $16 like a year after release. They straight up rotted on shelves.

You know what's super funny I bet a lot people at the gym laugh about these crazy color 35s but I don't even think they know wtf they are and they dont understand performance and it's about individuality because everyone at the gym Is there for a fashion show and to get the most likes it's so cookie cutter and its every year.

Not sure if I believe some of these stories on Jordan 1 prices, considering they ended up coming out with mad colorways because of how successful they were.

If we're talking OG Jordan I, keep in mind retail was $65. Because they were successful, they made a ton more colorways, way more than were needed or wanted. Some sat in stores for years and did hit $25 before finally selling through. Things were different back in the day. Everybody wanted the newest model. Once the new season started, nobody wanted to be caught dead in last season's shoe.

I finally broke down and bought the COG'S off StockX today. The first time I saw pics I wasn't sure what to make of them but they've grown on me big time, and with the Warriors going for more it's a no brainer to me. I wanted the Warriors but not paying the insane resell. I got the COG'S for basically retail plus shipping and the Stockx fee.
You’ll love them in hand. Pics can’t totally capture the beauty of the COG’s. And it‘s a unique colorway to add to the stash. So different.

In terms of releases, and what I remember about most them:
Jordan 1s - I was only 7. Didn't care about shoes.
2 - my buddy's dad had them. At first I thought he said they were Jordache shoes (denim company). Anyhow, I wasn't feeling em. Still don't like em
3 - didn't like the elephant print back then. Oddly enough, the 3s are in my top 4.
4 - the white/red/black joints were the very first pair of Jordans I fell in love with. Probably the first non-story I had ever asked my parents for. Nope. 5 kids in my family so we couldn't afford them. Then I saw the black/cements during the All-Star game. Loved those too.
5 - my best friend showed up to the first day of school in the white/red joints. His little brother had the black ones (back in the day, they released both colorways on the same day). I bugged my friend and asked him why he didn't cop the black joints instead. See, back in the day, some NBA teams (except for the Celtics) wore white colorways, but when the playoffs started, the whole team would switch to black shoes. I wish more teams did this. It was cool seeing black kicks in the playoffs. I also hate the fact that players never match with their teammates now too. *old man yells at cloud*
6 - didn't like them at first. Always hated the carmines looked more maroon to me than they were red. But I loved the playoff 6s. Jordan's 1st title. Lol at him switching out of the pair that they had torn a hole in to provide more support.
7s - I liked the Bordeaux colorway that he wore during the ASG. Still don't care for the white colorways. But MJ dropped 6 3s wearing the playoff 7s on my birthday. Mom still wouldn't buy me a pair.
8s - tried to like them, but they were too bulky. The Air Force Max was still the best Nike basketball shoe to drop that year, IMO.
9s - "Hey, he's wearing them to play basketball". Also, "Hey, Fila just stole the design and made it Grant Hill's shoe!"
10s - I thought these were boring as hell.
11s - now these were special. When he broke out the Concords, I had my nose right against the TV trying to get a closer look at them. Boyz II Men had a concert in my city in September, 1995, and Montell Jordan was the opening act. My boy saw him at the mall a day before the show and he was wearing em. He called me at night and said "Hey, I saw Montell Jordan at the mall and he was wearing these shiny Jordans." When I went to the show, I was hoping to see them (we had seats in the 3rd row), but alas, he wore some other joints. 11s were my first pair of Jordans that I ever owned, but I had to wait till 2000 for the retros.
12s - meh. Wasn't feeling them.
13s - my girlfriend at the time was shopping for my Christmas gift. She gave me 2 options - the white/black Foamposite Pros or the He Got Game 13s. I chose the Foam Pros. Didn't like the 13s until the Black/Red joints dropped.
14s - when he debuted the Last Shots, I was so confused. And then Slam dropped Kicks magazine where they explained the whole story - Jordan thought that it might be his last NBA game so he wanted to wear the 14s. We all know what happened after that.
15s - gross.
16s - loved this shoe. I got the breds, Cherrywoods, Gingers, and white/red lows. Sadly, I lost the gaiters to the Cherrywoods.
17s - $300 CAD? JFC. Still copped 3 colorways, thanks to my buddy working at Footlocker
18s - *yawns*. Bought the white/red pair.
19s - my first pair of Jordans that I ever bought and would later regret. Wtf was I thinking?
20s - these are still dope to me. Still got my black/red pair.

After that, I stopped buying Jordans for awhile because the designs got too weird for me. Didn't come back until the 30s. Last pair that I bought were the 34 Tatum PEs. I'll cop the 35s if they come out with a Celtic colorway or another Tatum PE.

2 - my buddy's dad had them. At first I thought he said they were Jordache shoes (denim company). Anyhow, I wasn't feeling em. Still don't like em
3 - didn't like the elephant print back then. Oddly enough, the 3s are in my top 4.
4 - the white/red/black joints were the very first pair of Jordans I fell in love with. Probably the first non-story I had ever asked my parents for. Nope. 5 kids in my family so we couldn't afford them. Then I saw the black/cements during the All-Star game. Loved those too.
5 - my best friend showed up to the first day of school in the white/red joints. His little brother had the black ones (back in the day, they released both colorways on the same day). I bugged my friend and asked him why he didn't cop the black joints instead. See, back in the day, some NBA teams (except for the Celtics) wore white colorways, but when the playoffs started, the whole team would switch to black shoes. I wish more teams did this. It was cool seeing black kicks in the playoffs. I also hate the fact that players never match with their teammates now too. *old man yells at cloud*
6 - didn't like them at first. Always hated the carmines looked more maroon to me than they were red. But I loved the playoff 6s. Jordan's 1st title. Lol at him switching out of the pair that they had torn a hole in to provide more support.
7s - I liked the Bordeaux colorway that he wore during the ASG. Still don't care for the white colorways. But MJ dropped 6 3s wearing the playoff 7s on my birthday. Mom still wouldn't buy me a pair.
8s - tried to like them, but they were too bulky. The Air Force Max was still the best Nike basketball shoe to drop that year, IMO.
9s - "Hey, he's wearing them to play basketball". Also, "Hey, Fila just stole the design and made it Grant Hill's shoe!"
11s - now these were special. When he broke out the Concords, I had my nose right against the TV trying to get a closer look at them. Boyz II Men had a concert in my city in September, 1995, and Montell Jordan was the opening act. My boy saw him at the mall a day before the show and he was wearing em. He called me at night and said "Hey, I saw Montell Jordan at the mall and he was wearing these shiny Jordans." When I went to the show, I was hoping to see them (we had seats in the 3rd row), but alas, he wore some other joints. 11s were my first pair of Jordans that I ever owned, but I had to wait till 2000 for the retros.
13s - my girlfriend at the time was shopping for my Christmas gift. She gave me 2 options - the white/black Foamposite Pros or the He Got Game 13s. I chose the Foam Pros. Didn't like the 13s until the Black/Red joints dropped.
14s - when he debuted the Last Shots, I was so confused. And then Slam dropped Kicks magazine where they explained the whole story - Jordan thought that it might be his last NBA game so he wanted to wear the 14s. We all know what happened after that.
15s - gross.
16s - loved this shoe. I got the breds, Cherrywoods, Gingers, and white/red lows. Sadly, I lost the gaiters to the Cherrywoods.
17s - $300 CAD? JFC. Still copped 3 colorways, thanks to my buddy working at Footlocker
19s - my first pair of Jordans that I ever bought and would later regret. Wtf was I thinking?

After that, I stopped buying Jordans for awhile because the designs got too weird for me. Didn't come back until the 30s. Last pair that I bought were the 34 Tatum PEs. I'll cop the 35s if they come out with a Celtic colorway or another Tatum PE.

I'll pay a pretty penny for those Aj16 white/red lows.

Nice timeline G...

15s - gross.

Sounds to me you hardly like any of them. :lol:

That cracked me up about the 1. I was only 7 and didn’t care about shoes. :rofl:

jshortt jshortt - I too remember begging my parents for the OG 3s. Kept hearing “nobody we know buys their kids $100 sneakers!” My first pair ended up being the Fire Reds because by the time I finally broke my parents down there were no Cements or Black pairs left anywhere. :lol:
That hella sucks bro I hate being that age where you cant fit a mens size and cant fit a kids size that a terrible time. Lol on the Royals. I like that you had the fresh *** sneakers and people didnt like them, how bad are some people's taste is ridiculous in sneakers. I cant believe some people thought those were moon boots such. Sleek sexy sneaker man especially the OGs damn man u had the freshness before anyone else you were around haha.

lawdog1 lawdog1 I'm pretty sure my mom had no idea how much they were or there's no way she would've agreed lol. Didn't ask for another expensive shoe til I asked for the Agassis when my best friend got the Military 4's. She laughed at me and sarcastically told me to ask my dad to get them for my birthday. God bless Dad, who put those SOB's on layaway and I actually had them on my birthday.

BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 It was just one of those things back then. They were so far out there by most people's standards, they didn't know what to make of them. "Why does your tongue glow?" "Clear soles, huh?" I got all kinds of hell from even some of my friends on the Black 6's. "Why are you wearing pink shoes, are you gay or something?" I remember getting all mad and being like no, a-hole, it's neon red! Just crazy to think about it now.

If the first 2 releases were this crazy I’m assuming g the frags will be fun
Those the Morphos and....Bruce Lees? Not even sure what nickname they gave the yellows lol but can imagine theyll be "fun" trying to acquire.
Although never fear stockx and the bay will have sizes for all who are gunning for them.

If we're talking OG Jordan I, keep in mind retail was $65. Because they were successful, they made a ton more colorways, way more than were needed or wanted. Some sat in stores for years and did hit $25 before finally selling through. Things were different back in the day. Everybody wanted the newest model. Once the new season started, nobody wanted to be caught dead in last season's shoe.

There was no newest model in 1986

Jordan started that.

because things weren't on a yearly cycle. There was no Delta Force and then Delta Force 85. It was just a random new Delta Force model a few years later. Same with the Air Force. It just randomly became the Air Force Two, Three.....

That's why when Nike stopped producing the Air Force One, people in Baltimore let them know it was still a demand.

I'm just confused how dudes know for a fact what prices were 35 years ago. When I was a kid I didn't even really have a concept of money.

And in 1985 inflation wise, $65 was like $160 today. Which is a lot for Nike to continue to put out models for a company that wasn't Nike at the time. Like I said maybe they were GS sizes dudes are talking about, because I know when I was a kid, I wasn't looking at prices of adult kicks.

Back
Top Bottom