Air Jordan XXXIII first info

I could not imagine trying to make the next best shoe ever, every year. That expectation had to be hard. Especially with all the great models that were put out in the 90s excluding Jordans. How many different ways can you create a shoe? Kinda like todays Dunk Contests. There is only so much you can do without ultimately replicating. I was drawing mixed up Jordans as a kid waay before fusions were ever thought of. lol. But to try to come up with something COMPLETELY original without taking from previous models at all is almost impossible to do.
So while the D Edwards and Jason Maydens, Wilson Smiths may get looked down upon, realize how hard that could be to make that "next Air Jordan". With that, I love the 21 and 22 designs regardless of public opinion. And I still think Tink hit it out of the park with the 23 as well.

This. Look at the Netflix episode of Abstract on Tinker. The pressure was immense. He literally loses it when asked why the 15 came out like it did and (paraphrasing) why it sucked.

As someone who at one point in my career gave so much of my life to a job, I can relate. And I ain’t responsible for anything with nearly so much weight on it as that guy was.

BTW J, I used to draw mashup Jordans in my school notebook, too. So we actually invented it LOL. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Turns out, yeah, not so much :rofl:

I've always said that XXIV sample from 2009 was by far the best colorway, and it didn't even release. I couldn't beleive how brief that shoe was. I absolutely love that design. The heel is fine and it works. With Air Jordans you cannot expect to be so anti-change. This line is all about challenging your preconceptions.

I also couldn't beleive how plain they treated the bottom of the XXV. That bottom was ideal for some good paint to bring out the design, instead it was always left in a single color. Stupid.

To me the designs have been just fine, they always flow and push you to see things differently. It is the colorways that have really been lacking on some of these models. That continues today. A lot of colorways lack imagination and fail to bring out the design of the shoe. I'm pretty sick of single colored soles. That's something I expect on a cheap Sketchers shoe, not an Air Jordan.

upload_2018-8-28_12-7-29.png
thats a pretty big lunch

This pair I would buy today without question. The 2009 was supposed to be different. Just like all before them. Their color choices for the released pairs were lacking for sure. They were trying too hard to get away from Chicago Bull colors when they didnt have to. Not the greatest Jordan I know. But I still like em.
No what need to drop is the low Bibby 10s and ray Allen 14s

And it feels like forever.. But I have a feeling we won’t be disappointed in the wait...

Back
Top Bottom