Air Jordan XXXIII first info

I use these as my “wedding shoes” :lol:

3EB905F4-940C-47E9-8093-32248998CA35.jpeg
204B5AEE-5269-425A-A6EA-07BE975A5E38.jpeg
9E6EC20D-8BA2-449D-B3E1-B64DE83EF9CA.jpeg
CF603883-6D46-4282-AA40-B09EDB6B1761.jpeg
Only pair I have

Always thought that stiletto heel was a bizarre feature. They should’ve known no one would like that and that it had a big chance of adversely affecting sales. Dopey.

:lol::lol::lol:
aj-sample-2.jpg
A colorway can ether make or break a shoe and I think these sample would have sold well

These samples are just amazing! I also think if the samples released they would have sold well. I tried buying the black sample pair off a guy on Instagram but he turned me down. Offered him any amount he wanted :lol:

I don’t get where you guys are getting the stiletto reference from? The heel/APT technology was never based on a stiletto heel. It was inspired by Jordan Brand athlete April Holmes and her carbon fiber prosthetic she used while competing in USA track and field.

upload_2018-9-3_1-5-3.jpeg

Here’s an article with the designer Jason Mayden talking about the 2009. Pretty interesting...

https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2009/01/designer-jason-mayden-breaks-down-the-jordan-2009

Any info on the 33 yet? Lol

Last edited:
Jason Mayden blew his chance to design a good AJ. So did Dwayne Edwards. Funny how neither of them are with Nike anymore. Thank god they got Tinker back (past his prime but still better than them).

:lol::lol::lol:

These samples are just amazing! I also think if the samples released they would have sold well. I tried buying the black sample pair off a guy on Instagram but he turned me down. Offered him any amount he wanted :lol:

I don’t get where you guys are getting the stiletto reference from? The heel/APT technology was never based on a stiletto heel. It was inspired by Jordan Brand athlete April Holmes and her carbon fiber prosthetic she used while competing in USA track and field.

upload_2018-9-3_1-5-3.jpeg

Here’s an article with the designer Jason Mayden talking about the 2009. Pretty interesting...

https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2009/01/designer-jason-mayden-breaks-down-the-jordan-2009

Any info on the 33 yet? Lol

I don’t think anyone was being literal, it’s just that they do look like a high-heel shoe turned into a Jordan. That whole heel concept also reminded me of the lame LA Gear Catapults of the ‘90s. Just a stupid gimmick and it looks bad as well.

Funny that the 12 was actually inspired by women’s high heels yet it looks good LOL

The brand need to release these 09 sample
P1070627.JPG
This pair I would buy today without question. The 2009 was supposed to be different. Just like all before them. Their color choices for the released pairs were lacking for sure. They were trying too hard to get away from Chicago Bull colors when they didnt have to. Not the greatest Jordan I know. But I still like em.

Tinker actually designed the 16. He basically sketched them out then handed them off to Wilson smith to finish them through to production. It’s in the book Driven From Within.

Interesting. Does it specify how much of the design/details was thought of by Wilson?

Interesting. Does it specify how much of the design/details was thought of by Wilson?
No, but I think very little. That’s how he designed the 2010, 2011, 2012, xx8, xx9, and xxx also. It’s pretty clear when you listen to the other JB designers talk. He sketches the shoe then hands it off to other designers and says here, go make this. It’s up to the team under him to do the day to day work and finish the details.

No. It dont. It really kinda stops at that. Then moves on to the XVII and its inspiration of Jazz leading to the 20. They were real vague with details after the 13 in that book.

I could not imagine trying to make the next best shoe ever, every year. That expectation had to be hard. Especially with all the great models that were put out in the 90s excluding Jordans. How many different ways can you create a shoe? Kinda like todays Dunk Contests. There is only so much you can do without ultimately replicating. I was drawing mixed up Jordans as a kid waay before fusions were ever thought of. lol. But to try to come up with something COMPLETELY original without taking from previous models at all is almost impossible to do.
So while the D Edwards and Jason Maydens, Wilson Smiths may get looked down upon, realize how hard that could be to make that "next Air Jordan". With that, I love the 21 and 22 designs regardless of public opinion. And I still think Tink hit it out of the park with the 23 as well.

I could not imagine trying to make the next best shoe ever, every year. That expectation had to be hard. Especially with all the great models that were put out in the 90s excluding Jordans. How many different ways can you create a shoe? Kinda like todays Dunk Contests. There is only so much you can do without ultimately replicating. I was drawing mixed up Jordans as a kid waay before fusions were ever thought of. lol. But to try to come up with something COMPLETELY original without taking from previous models at all is almost impossible to do.
So while the D Edwards and Jason Maydens, Wilson Smiths may get looked down upon, realize how hard that could be to make that "next Air Jordan". With that, I love the 21 and 22 designs regardless of public opinion. And I still think Tink hit it out of the park with the 23 as well.

I agree. Also, if MJ would've been wearing these later models on court and dominating like he did in the others, you wonder how much more love they would've gotten.

I agree. Also, if MJ would've been wearing these later models on court and dominating like he did in the others, you wonder how much more love they would've gotten.
You also have to wonder how different the designs may have been. He would have been in a completely different state of mind if he were still competing.

Back
Top Bottom