Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

This is what put me off buying these on ebay, known airbag issues and your buying the shoe out of the country from a reseller...

I doubt nike europe will stand over them when you cop on ebay...

You don't even need the box to return them to Nike. All you have to do is send them in and they will handle the rest. I have played in my cement 28's 3 times a week since October and haven't had any issues. I can't worry about the "what if's" when there's no concern with getting my money for another shoe from NIke.

I recently graduated law school, so I will try to lend some legal insight (not that I have much). Disclaimer: This is from a US law perspective.  Disclaimer #2: I am not an attorney and am not offering any legal advice.

Whenever you are considering filing a lawsuit, you have to ask what your damages are or what you want to get out of it.  In this case, your damages would be that your shoe no longer performs as it should.  To rectify the situation, you would either need a replacement shoe or the cost of the shoe.  Other than that, there wouldn't seem to be many legitimate damages to be claimed.  If you wanted an attorney to handle the case for you, then you would likely have to get lucky and find one who wanted to put a suit against Nike on his/her resume.  The attorney won't take a % of the settlement or ruling because it will be worth nothing to him versus the effort of even filing documents or drafting a letter.  The attorney may say he will do it if you pay him hourly, but 30 minutes of his time will cost you more than a new pair of XX8s.

If you wanted to make some argument that the products aren't performing or working properly, you can, but you would still only get the cost of the shoes.  If you were injured as a result of the defective air bag, then you would have more damages and a worthwhile suit.  However, if your damages are just that the shoe no longer works, then you likely won't get more than a new pair or the cost of a new pair.

Also, they probably have an in-house legal team whose pay is not based on billable hours.  As a result, being involved in litigation with you probably wouldn't cost them more than not being involved in such litigation.  The bigger reason they would want to get rid of it is that such a small lawsuit would be a waste of their legal team's time.

Ultimately, I think Nike would rectify the situation far before it got to litigation.  They are almost certainly aware of the issue, and though it may take a few weeks, they will probably give people (hopefully even those who purchase on eBay) a refund or a replacement pair.

Conclusion:  These shoes are awesome.  I hope your airbags don't pop.  I hope Nike refunds anyone who has such issues.  I'm looking forward to Feb 1.

Last edited:
@amw7898 well said. Congrats on graduating law school i dnt even wanna think about all the time studying that haha because i hated studying for my business degree

Anyways in short .. its not even worth yours or their time

Next topic though

Last edited:
id say Nike Europe customer service dept would send you back to the "retailer" if you went at them with a shoe that dosent sell in Europe.

My point was more about the hassle of it all than the actual legal issues, I mean if you get em directly from a retail store there is less issues but even that doesn’t stop some store sparking on about 28 days return policy etc even if the shoes are defective.

I recently graduated law school, so I will try to lend some legal insight (not that I have much). Disclaimer: This is from a US law perspective.  Disclaimer #2: I am not an attorney and am not offering any legal advice.

Whenever you are considering filing a lawsuit, you have to ask what your damages are or what you want to get out of it.  In this case, your damages would be that your shoe no longer performs as it should.  To rectify the situation, you would either need a replacement shoe or the cost of the shoe.  Other than that, there wouldn't seem to be many legitimate damages to be claimed.  If you wanted an attorney to handle the case for you, then you would likely have to get lucky and find one who wanted to put a suit against Nike on his/her resume.  The attorney won't take a % of the settlement or ruling because it will be worth nothing to him versus the effort of even filing documents or drafting a letter.  The attorney may say he will do it if you pay him hourly, but 30 minutes of his time will cost you more than a new pair of XX8s.

If you wanted to make some argument that the products aren't performing or working properly, you can, but you would still only get the cost of the shoes.  If you were injured as a result of the defective air bag, then you would have more damages and a worthwhile suit.  However, if your damages are just that the shoe no longer works, then you likely won't get more than a new pair or the cost of a new pair.

Also, they probably have an in-house legal team whose pay is not based on billable hours.  As a result, being involved in litigation with you probably wouldn't cost them more than not being involved in such litigation.  The bigger reason they would want to get rid of it is that such a small lawsuit would be a waste of their legal team's time.

Ultimately, I think Nike would rectify the situation far before it got to litigation.  They are almost certainly aware of the issue, and though it may take a few weeks, they will probably give people (hopefully even those who purchase on eBay) a refund or a replacement pair.

Conclusion:  These shoes are awesome.  I hope your airbags don't pop.  I hope Nike refunds anyone who has such issues.  I'm looking forward to Feb 1.

what law school did you attend?

shoejocky has the three colorways releasing this saturday for $133 shipped on ebay. they are in hand and shipping this week. i copped and am thrilled with that deal.

go!
Repped.  Had a reward coupon to use but I'll take that price to know I got em.  Much appreciated!

shoejocky has the three colorways releasing this saturday for $133 shipped on ebay. they are in hand and shipping this week. i copped and am thrilled with that deal.

go!
More love your way, thanks a ton!  saves me getting up early saturday and saves me money.  Nice find

go!
Had my size 12 in the breds though ..

View media item 772097
Paid for expedited shipping .. came out to same thing i would have paid on FNL if i used my WC + shipping. Now i can keep that WC for something else.

Hell of a deal plus i may get them before league game this sunday.

+1 my friend thank you

Back
Top Bottom