Air Jordan XI Retro LOW - Black/White/Varsity Red & White/Black/Metallic Silver - FALL 2011

incredibly great news if true but I think its dumb for them to be Bred or like Concord lows-it will be like Obsidian XII lows, something you cop because you cant have the mid version you'd rather have-now the silver or red lows>>>>>>>>

hmm judging from the pics we have here the 2011 black/reds look closer to the 1996 black/reds than the ones that came out few years ago.
The elephant print was also really black on the OGs and the clear outsole is also less dark than the ones from the previous retro.
If they would change the herringbone color from black to red and paint the carbon also into red, then we have even a look
that resembles even more to the OGs.
I just watched some 1996 playoff games between Chicago and Orlando and MJ wore indeed few games the AJ 11 mid black/reds
and the AJ 11 I.E. Low black/reds too.

hmm judging from the pics we have here the 2011 black/reds look closer to the 1996 black/reds than the ones that came out few years ago.
The elephant print was also really black on the OGs and the clear outsole is also less dark than the ones from the previous retro.
If they would change the herringbone color from black to red and paint the carbon also into red, then we have even a look
I just watched some 1996 playoff games between Chicago and Orlando and MJ wore indeed few games the AJ 11 mid black/reds

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think the OGs had elephant print at all. It was just suede.

Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think the OGs had elephant print at all. It was just suede.

you are not wrong, the OGs were totally different.

the OGs, there was NO CRAP ELEPHANT print on it. and it was a clear sole, of course will turn yellow,

these ones dropping are nicer because the elephant print is less evident cause they made it a lot darker.

they really butchered the OGs.. oh well. it was never really a popular shoe, and these retros will continue the trend, although I loved my OGs.

you are not wrong, the OGs were totally different.

the OGs, there was NO CRAP ELEPHANT print on it. and it was a clear sole, of course will turn yellow,

these ones dropping are nicer because the elephant print is less evident cause they made it a lot darker.

they really butchered the OGs.. oh well. it was never really a popular shoe, and these retros will continue the trend, although I loved my OGs.

this is what a OG 1996 deadstock pair looks like 

still wearable from what i could tell 

397434015.jpg

the pair from 2002 and the upcoming re retro looks nothing like this 

this is what a OG 1996 deadstock pair looks like 

still wearable from what i could tell 

397434015.jpg

the pair from 2002 and the upcoming re retro looks nothing like this 

^^^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Now that's a lovely low. Don't understand why would JB downgrade the look of this shoe.
30t6p3b.gif

^^^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Now that's a lovely low. Don't understand why would JB downgrade the look of this shoe.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Yes, the OG black/reds did not have the elephant print, only the white/cobalt blue-greys had elephant print!
The OG's had nubuck on it NOT suede. Suede is the more hairy leather like on the AJ XVIII or the AJ  XIV with black toes.

I'm glad that at least the elephant print is at least black like on the OGs and that the smokey outsoles are a bit less

dark than the previous retro.

Just wished the the shoe has more red on the soles like on the OGs

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Yes, the OG black/reds did not have the elephant print, only the white/cobalt blue-greys had elephant print!
The OG's had nubuck on it NOT suede. Suede is the more hairy leather like on the AJ XVIII or the AJ  XIV with black toes.

I'm glad that at least the elephant print is at least black like on the OGs and that the smokey outsoles are a bit less

dark than the previous retro.

Just wished the the shoe has more red on the soles like on the OGs

Back
Top Bottom