Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

frown.gif
    (Don't mind my ebay ID)

Originally Posted by king0033

and with this... not sure how i feel, i am sick of everything being GR everyone has them which changes the idea of the XI being so sought after. when dudes who don't know +@%+ about shoes are rocking them just because they are expensive jordans, quite like we see now with spiz'ikes, it just seems to cheapen the idea of being a sneakerhead.
All OG Jordans were pretty much a GR. You should be glad they are a GR, and you don't have to go too much out of your way to get a pair. I still remember being able to walk into Footlocker a good 3-4 months after the OG XI Concords dropped in '96, and picking up my pair. And then getting a pair of Columbias too. I bet people would love to not wait in line and get their pairs easily. I know I do. You should be hating on the bulk resellers that have their families waiting in line so they can make a quick buck. Those are the people that make me sick.

The term sneakerhead is cheap enough. Really man?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Wow at that smashed looking toebox. 

I still can't comprehend how the mold has changed so much since the last time a true 11 release, back in 2006 with the DMP XI's. It wasn't so long ago.  What the hell happened seriously? 
air_jordan_dmp_xi_01.jpg

the shape on those dnt look good either 4 sum reason...
compared to these 

I also think that it depends on the position of the tongue on how bad they actually look

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

air-jordan-retro-11-dmp.jpg

Hell of alot better than the 2009 Space Jam and 2010 CG shape though. 

u got that right homie. i wish that did have the older molds cuz the 11 is one of the shoes that dont look the same with these molds. the shape is not just off its actually ugly to me n makes the shoe look bad.
look at the beautiful OG SJ mold compared to last years 

NOT MY PIX

they made the collar area smaller on the newer releases and it makes them look funky sometimes. With jeans on they look fine though.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The shape on the DMP is exactly the same as the 00-01 retros.

i said in that particular picture it looks bad. compare the 2 dmp pix frenchblue posted n u can definitely see a difference

You're right; I see that. But I own 2 pairs of '01 concords and both have subtle differences. But overall, they're pretty much identical.

But when you compare these new XI's with the 00's-05's, you will see a big difference.

These new CG's look fake as hell
sick.gif

Im preparing to get flamed on this one but... The shape of the DMP is not "exactly" the same as the 00-01 retro. The DMP was the beginning of the XIs transition into crappy quality. It was the first XI to have an inverted Jumpman, and synthetic leather around the ankle. Additionally many DMPs had irregularly cut patent, I know my pair sure does. I also find the DMP to have the worst cushoning out of all XIs. Just an experience coming from someone with 95,96,00,01,03(ie)06,08,09 XIs. Also the last/mold for the new XIs (08,09 and 10) is a more accurate replica of the original 95/96 XIs than the 00 and 01 models,at least visually. Although I prefer the 00/01. Just my experience... Flame on!

You're right; I see that. But I own 2 pairs of '01 concords and both have subtle differences. But overall, they're pretty much identical.

But when you compare these new XI's with the 00's-05's, you will see a big difference.

These new CG's look fake as hell
sick.gif
i aint doubting u at all. the new 11's shape does looks bad. they do look like fake 11's. when there on the feet they look a lil better then when there off  but hopefully nxt year JB updates the molds for wateva 11 that drops then cuz i really am hatin these molds.  but i was actually sayin to my homeboy last year in that i want a pair of cool grays b4 they was rumored to drop n i was very happy that they was confirmed. 

No flame at all, but the DMP were the not first XI to have the inverted Jumpman. These were:
Air-Jordan-11-Space-Jam-45-Sample-7.jpg

And all of the XI retros to this day have irregular patent leather cuts. Factory workers don't precisely focus on keeping every PL cut the same. A couple millimeters here and there, not that damn big of a deal.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of what you said ...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Im preparing to get flamed on this one but... The shape of the DMP is not "exactly" the same as the 00-01 retro. The DMP was the beginning of the XIs transition into crappy quality. It was the first XI to have an inverted Jumpman, and synthetic leather around the ankle. Additionally many DMPs had irregularly cut patent, I know my pair sure does. I also find the DMP to have the worst cushoning out of all XIs. Just an experience coming from someone with 95,96,00,01,03(ie)06,08,09 XIs. Also the last/mold for the new XIs (08,09 and 10) is a more accurate replica of the original 95/96 XIs than the 00 and 01 models,at least visually. Although I prefer the 00/01. Just my experience... Flame on!

this makes alot of sense especially with that picture that was posted but i dnt thnk the new molds r more accurate then the old molds.
if im not mistaken the cdp 11 had ALOT better shape then the SJ n CG IMO. even tho they are more uncomfortable i dnt own them but i seen people that do

French is right. Funny that you said that because I was just looking on ebay when I came across the DMP's and noticed how well those were made. Those were the last true Air Jordan 11. Not even 5 years ago.

The appearance is one thing, but the comfort is another. I don't own the CDP XI or 09' SJ, but others who do complain about the comfort in toe-box area. I can already tell these will have the same issue.
Listen to everything you hear ...
laugh.gif

People are different. 

IMO even the CDP is a bit different in terms of shape compared to the SJ09s. the SJ09 is slimmer and more 'banana' shaped.

and both SJ 09 or CDP are different compared to the 00/01 retros. the DMP is closer to the 00/01 retros than the newer ones..

the thing that i dot get is why they're keep changing the molds..
ohwell.gif

there are so many pics of the CG10 right now, and the shape is also changing all the time. im still a bit confused about picking this up..

Originally Posted by moelest

IMO even the CDP is a bit different in terms of shape compared to the SJ09s. the SJ09 is slimmer and more 'banana' shaped.

and both SJ 09 or CDP are different compared to the 00/01 retros. the DMP is closer to the 00/01 retros than the newer ones..

the thing that i dot get is why they're keep changing the molds..
ohwell.gif

there are so many pics of the CG10 right now, and the shape is also changing all the time. im still a bit confused about picking this up..

I need a pair of Bred's 
frown.gif

the CDP shape looks dead on

My bred xi's from the cdp the 23 on the back is coming off and I only wore them 3 times any else have this problem, o and yea looking at theses cg now got me thinking of copping.

Originally Posted by Mikey23

My bred xi's from the cdp the 23 on the back is coming off and I only wore them 3 times any else have this problem, o and yea looking at theses cg now got me thinking of copping.

Yup. A few people I know had this problem. I wore mine about 4 times before half of the 23 was missing on the left shoe. Right shoe was still perfect. Sold them off and my 01s came back from retirement. Lol

Originally Posted by bittersweet

French is right. Funny that you said that because I was just looking on ebay when I came across the DMP's and noticed how well those were made. Those were the last true Air Jordan 11. Not even 5 years ago.

The appearance is one thing, but the comfort is another. I don't own the CDP XI or 09' SJ, but others who do complain about the comfort in toe-box area. I can already tell these will have the same issue.
laugh.gif

People are different. 
you wear kids sizes right?

these guys are obviously commenting on issues with mens sizes.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by bittersweet

laugh.gif

People are different. 
you wear kids sizes right?

these guys are obviously commenting on issues with mens sizes.

chill is cool and all being from the same city as I'm from but idk why she keeps confusing mens and gr releases are the same exact shoes.

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Yup. A few people I know had this problem. I wore mine about 4 times before half of the 23 was missing on the left shoe. Right shoe was still perfect. Sold them off and my 01s came back from retirement. Lol

Yup this s&$t sucks I'm on the hunt for 01 breds

Back
Top Bottom