Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

These really are a sauna on your feet man.

Gonna stash these in the closet until the winter months, can't wait 
grin.gif

Just picked up my Aqua 8's (DS) and compared to '13 playoff 8's. Materials are a bit diff, the paint though, has me worried, imma unds these immediatley to keep the hope that theyl stay alive just looking at the paint on the aquas has me cringing about the possibilty of cracking! yikes. hopefully it holds up for at least 5 wears! (which will take me all year to get around to doing)

Just picked up my Aqua 8's (DS) and compared to '13 playoff 8's. Materials are a bit diff, the paint though, has me worried, imma unds these immediatley to keep the hope that theyl stay alive just looking at the paint on the aquas has me cringing about the possibilty of cracking! yikes. hopefully it holds up for at least 5 wears! (which will take me all year to get around to doing)

Did/do the 08 aquas have cardboard under the insole insert like the recent VIII releases? I had a pair of the aquas then but threw them out a few years ago so I can't recall if they did or not.

Did/do the 08 aquas have cardboard under the insole insert like the recent VIII releases? I had a pair of the aquas then but threw them out a few years ago so I can't recall if they did or not.
I honestly couldnt tell you atm, i didnt look but il def check it out for you tonight when i get home, i havnt even looked at my '13 playoff 8's to see this cardboard everyones on about. Is it seriously cardboard? Like box cardboard? If so wtf! Cutting costs!! Charging more! Surely we pay enough for a 2 dollar piece of foam!

I honestly couldnt tell you atm, i didnt look but il def check it out for you tonight when i get home, i havnt even looked at my '13 playoff 8's to see this cardboard everyones on about. Is it seriously cardboard? Like box cardboard? If so wtf! Cutting costs!! Charging more! Surely we pay enough for a 2 dollar piece of foam!

The 13 playoff VIII's with the cardboard are still fairly comfy. The recent Olympic VI's also have cardboard but they (to me) are horrible and far less comfy than the VIII's. I recall the Aqua's being comfortable back when I had them a few years back so I was just curious.

it's not that serious, yeah it would be nice for them to at least cover the cardboard or whatever cheap material they are using in cloth like im sure they do with some if not all the other ones

Ever since my aqua 8s I never strapped 8s up. I like them with the rubber band with the gateway arch effect. Just look better IMO. Hell I don't even like to tie my shoes loose them up, tuck them in or let them hang.

I say this in a couple threads but think aquas will come back next year because hornets are coming back to Charlotte. Seems like has nothing to do with the 8s but jordan still owns that team so yea wishful thinking for my favorite pair

I say this in a couple threads but think aquas will come back next year because hornets are coming back to Charlotte. Seems like has nothing to do with the 8s but jordan still owns that team so yea wishful thinking for my favorite pair

If the Hornets adopt their original colors remains to be seen. I still think JB is holding out til 2016, for the 23rd anniversary to use the Aquas as their cornerstone. They need at least one OG colorway to drop for the anniversary seeing they dropped 2/3 this year.

That goes for the Hare VII's too for 2015. JB has already dropped All OG colors for the VII's recently, so they're saving the fan favorites so consumers have something to look forward to.

If the Hornets adopt their original colors remains to be seen. I still think JB is holding out til 2016, for the 23rd anniversary to use the Aquas as their cornerstone. They need at least one OG colorway to drop for the anniversary seeing they dropped 2/3 this year.

That goes for the Hare VII's too for 2015. JB has already dropped All OG colors for the VII's recently, so they're saving the fan favorites so consumers have something to look forward to.
QFT

If aquas and hares don't drop next year ima cop the older pairs ain't waiting that long for shoes in my top 10

How about a retro of the black/chrome colorway, NEED a pair ASAP .. Would be perfect for them to drop late into winter as a quickstrike...

Jordan brand should invest more for these expensive prices. And use a material that prevents dirt. Grime and water to affect that nubuck suede material.

Jordan brand should invest more for these expensive prices. And use a material that prevents dirt. Grime and water to affect that nubuck suede material.

they are all about getting the most for as little as possible. Don't count on it without us consumers paying even more.

I went back and forth on these and the bugs.. Just couldn't pull the trigger. I've owned the playoffs twice in the past, but they just didn't have the same appeal to me this time around. Ended up paying reseller price on some 88s around the time these dropped. But best believe that if those aquas drop again they will definately be had!! :smokin

these by far were my favorite 2013 jordan brand release.   Surprised a lot of people either passed on these or just wasn't much hype on these.  not that i'm complaining.   Thought these would be hard to obtain, but they actually sat for a minute.   I guess it's true that not everyone cares for the VIII's ,  except the Aquas .....  smh

Back
Top Bottom