Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

"serviceable mold"?
See below

Serviceable still, imo, if you're just going for the look.

They still look good for what they are.

Not a sorry attempt replicating the OG while also attaching the 85 name to the shoe

Don’t want to derail the topic off the 4’s, just wanted to share my 2 cents that Nike can’t replicate the OG mold of the 4s even if they tried.

I would love to be proved wrong though :nerd:

Last edited:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Nike Air. Jumpman. It doesn't even matter at this point.

ok4.jpg

disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif

I absolutely LOATHE what THIS model has become. S**** is f'n DISGUSTING.

|l
|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
And at those resale prices, and 4s always seem to be selling out is which why we will never get a 99 mold!

I wasn't questioning your choice of words. I don't buy that they can't reproduce it 1:1 if they were motivated to do so.

Fair

My reasoning they can’t do it is because of all the variance pairs have on current and recent releases. If they were making a limited exclusive batch, it might be achievable. But I’m not too concerned about shoes I won’t have access to anyways

I'm sure a lot of things are different now in the manufacturing process, but come on.

All we're asking is that they make the shoe a little higher and a slightly different shape. (Not even asking for OG Durabuck)

I don't think there's any reason they can't do that besides money.

They are not going to take the time to get these correct. They rather tweak them than to do a complete recraft like the Air Max 90’s. Notice how they rolled the material back on the tongue for the Fire Red 4’s. The fact that they tweaked them let’s me know that someone is paying attention. It is probably a difficult process but you see companies like Adidas and New Balance putting out good out retros.

They are not going to take the time to get these correct. They rather tweak them than to do a complete recraft like the Air Max 90’s. Notice how they rolled the material back on the tongue for the Fire Red 4’s. The fact that they tweaked them let’s me know that someone is paying attention. It is probably a difficult process but you see companies like Adidas and New Balance putting out good out retros.
They also put out bad or inconsistent retros. This isn’t just a Nike thing.

They also put out bad or inconsistent retros. This isn’t just a Nike thing.
True. No retro is perfect but it seems like Adidas and New Balance pays a little more attention to detail. I give Nike and JB credit because some of the more recent retros have been better. I like what they are doing with the Jordan 1’s in the 85 mold.

True. No retro is perfect but it seems like Adidas and New Balance pays a little more attention to detail. I give Nike and JB credit because some of the more recent retros have been better. I like what they are doing with the Jordan 1’s in the 85 mold.
More pics of the GREATEST Jordan of all-time. Simply because I HATE this model, now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Majority of the pics, are HIGHLIGHTING parts of the model those ***holes just WON'T FIX...

:rolleyes

vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h08m12s132.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h08m06s95.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h09m10s217.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h09m21s77.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h11m44s217.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h12m11s252.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h13m22s163.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-02-23h15m04s156.png

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:nthat::nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

:smokin

Right now I’d give Nike due credit on the following models as pretty close to og, particularly with the important details:

Air max 3>J11>85 mold 1>3,5,6

It looks like the 2 might belong in there too, if they would release an og cw and quit playing games with all the collabs (which are nice, but come on).

With the rise in popularity of the 4, I have to believe it’ll get “fixed” sooner rather than later, if only because it’s the only model out of 1-6 that hasn’t gotten a face lift recently.

I agree. If you love 4s, and like the BC colorway, questioning not having these makes no sense; should have offloaded them immediately after seeing them in-hand. For those thinking about that now, you should definitely get rid of them; they're obviously not for you and you can get bank on them now.; time to part ways! Mine will be with me forever.

Back
Top Bottom