Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

These still selling out will be the reason they will continue to not care. Why put more effort/resources/quality if you are going to sell the same amount of shoes but make an even bigger profit by cutting corners? Most people won't care about the differences and those in here that are disappointed still say they are picking up 1 or 2 pairs.

So what is their motivation to change? As long as we, the consumers keep buying, they have none.
Things keep going in this direction and they'll get their motivation quick. The writing is on the wall in big capital letters. Today's consumer is extremely informed and this business model you described wont fly for long. Watch.

Im absolutely passing on these paper tiger bc4s. They dont look nearly good enough to put up with the inevitable multiple pairs purchase to hopefully maybe barely come away with a decent pair that isnt completely ruined by the sloppy production. After all that work Im left with a straight pair of these?! nah, im comatose.

Shut up princess.

You didn’t bother to mention the shots dude been throwing, like he earned some trophy for posting some early pics.

You bypassed that and hopped straight on my ****

You the 40+ year old dude that be writing essays about your feelings. FOH and just enjoy the pics.

Didn’t even involve you :smh:

Theeese are the new jordans

1F487C21-31F4-4839-AD53-25A15E6EC2A7.jpeg

And the top of the tab with the nubs is wayyyyy too big. TF IS THIS???

I want this shoe to complete my little black OG collection but not like this. Not like this.
This shoe is turning out to be a contender for worst retro of all time. F-ing WOW man.

THANKS GENTRY. Youre such a POS bruh. Seriously. YOU ARE COMPLETELY WORTHLESS TO THE HUMAN RACE, KILL YOURSELF. PLEASE.
I'm not as bent as you, TT, but at the same time, I see that screen grab of the 13s and remember I have two pairs of those. Then I remember all of my Concords, Space Jams, and 105 other pairs of shoes in my closet and it makes me start thinking again. Like, do I really want to drop $200-plus after tax for a retro that I'm not as happy with as I am with a boatload of other mint shoes already in my possession? But then I flip yet again and remember, it's either now or when I'm 50, and who even knows if the next go around will be any better. It's taken these ****clowns 20 years just to get to the point they are with this black/cement IV retro.
So I'm most likely getting a pair. Honestly, it's mostly that damn crooked Nike Air that has me pissed off. I can't even wrap my head around it. All these retros and the past few years, all the issues they've had, but that was never one of them. Now out of the blue they introduce an all-new error just for fun? And they just had to introduce it on this particular colorway after all these years? It's hilariously unreal.

While I feel everyone passing on these for obvious reasons, I passed on cdp 4 and 2012 4 because they just weren’t real 4s.

Same could be said for these BUT am I gonna wait another 5+ years or pay like 1200 for a sole swap?

5F49E88F-705F-4FB9-8547-8FF8FFBF2610.gif

These will do. I’ll try to tweak them, smoke a blunt and the world keeps spinning.

While I feel everyone passing on these for obvious reasons, I passed on cdp 4 and 2012 4 because they just weren’t real 4s.

Same could be said for these BUT am I gonna wait another 5+ years or pay like 1200 for a sole swap?

5F49E88F-705F-4FB9-8547-8FF8FFBF2610.gif

These will do. I’ll try to tweak them, smoke a blunt and the world keeps spinning.
That's what I'm saying. But it's also a big anticlimax that we're going to get them and feel like, meh, they're OK. Not a ton of fun in that for me. Blah.

I dont know about anyone else but the way i see it is infrareds are pre-Gentry, these 4s are what happens under his reign
I'm trying to imagine a meeting wherein people sat there and actually said, hey, let's realign the heel logo, and then went ahead with it. Like who the **** even THINKS of that in the first place, let alone implements it? It's as nonsensical as saying, hey guys, let's make the heel portion of the outsole 3mm higher into the midsole. Then someone else says, why? And the answer comes back, I dunno, why not? OK, let's do it. And make the laces an extra foot long while we're at it. Just because. Morons.

in an elevator please.

1000 dollars for that encounter easy. All day.

:lol: Na I feel like you would try and fight him. I simply wanna kill him with facts, logic and reasoning as to why what he’s doing is completely asinine. If he shot back some nonsensical answers I’d probably call him out his name and THEN maybe put hands on him. Completely different.

I'm not as bent as you, TT, but at the same time, I see that screen grab of the 13s and remember I have two pairs of those. Then I remember all of my Concords, Space Jams, and 105 other pairs of shoes in my closet and it makes me start thinking again. Like, do I really want to drop $200-plus after tax for a retro that I'm not as happy with as I am with a boatload of other mint shoes already in my possession? But then I flip yet again and remember, it's either now or when I'm 50, and who even knows if the next go around will be any better. It's taken these ****clowns 20 years just to get to the point they are with this black/cement IV retro.
So I'm most likely getting a pair. Honestly, it's mostly that damn crooked Nike Air that has me pissed off. I can't even wrap my head around it. All these retros and the past few years, all the issues they've had, but that was never one of them. Now out of the blue they introduce an all-new error just for fun? And they just had to introduce it on this particular colorway after all these years? It's hilariously unreal.
Im probably not as bent as Im coming off. Ive already accepted it. Im just in awe that for all the joking we did, he not only came back, he took it to new unforeseen heights. I cant really explain how I feel right now but its more on the side of disgust than anger.

I really do hate Gentry though I guess. Not just for these 4s but like, ..... seriously what is his purpose at Nike? Why is he there? There's no way better men didnt get passed over for this clown. He ruins lives in all sorts of stupid ways. Then he goes home to his mansion and kicks his nasty feet up and prepares for another day of it tomorrow. Its all so hilariously ridiculous to me.

:lol: Na I feel like you would try and fight him. I simply wanna kill him with facts, logic and reasoning as to why what he’s doing is completely asinine. If he shot back some nonsensical answers I’d probably call him out his name and THEN maybe put hands on him. Completely different.
I learned the hard way that you dont try to reason with the unreasonable. Gentry is THE definition of unreasonable.

The Gentry hate is music to my ears...THE worst thing to happen to JB...

What’s even more infuriating is the fact that he he put in work on the line when the OG’s were dropping :smh:...If anybody should be trying to keep the brand respectable it would be the guy who started on the ground floor...Instead he’s out here on this power trip trying real hard to show literally every single fan of the brand that he’s the guy who controls what gets released...I mean look no further than what he did with the Foamposite line...

As far as why he’s where he is...He brought Nike big numbers with shoddy materials and designs for a decade plus...Logically it was good timing for him to be the on the position he was in because sneakers were starting to take off and success would have fallen on whoever happened to be steering the ship at the time...In the mind of his higher ups however, and I’m absolutely positive his own mind, HE’S one of the reasons sneakers took off...

Nike lost ground to Adidas, got shook that their market share wasn’t as high as it once was, and ultimately sent the guy back to their bread and butter devision at JB...The guy they perceived to be the reason Retro Jordan’s became a huge success...

Bro, we saw the dude coming and we all called it in jest. Dude actually had the nerve to repeat his legacy. We literally sat here and watched him destroy the good thing they had going. It used to be a running joke but this ***t is real. Now it cost us the bred 4 and most likely the playoff 7s. Its like, damn bruh. Really? This is really happening right now? Is his role at Nike to purposefully go to whatever department and wreak havoc on it? I seriously dont understand. Can somehere here who works close to him explain his existence to me please?

Exactly. We all saw this lil ****** coming and what was going to happen. Ive had one foot out of the game for a couple of years now and if this **** keeps up, I'll be completely out. No way my yellow *** is paying $200 for that garbage. I hear yalls reasoning and I get it but I cant justify that POS shoe by saying that's the best we will get, so I gotta cop. Thats the same reasoning from Gentrys first go round at Jordan and whatd that get us? CDP quality... No disrespect to those who that works for but, I cant do it.

The Gentry hate is music to my ears...THE worst thing to happen to JB...

What’s even more infuriating is the fact that he he put in work on the line when the OG’s were dropping :smh:...If anybody should be trying to keep the brand respectable it would be the guy who started on the ground floor...Instead he’s out here on this power trip trying real hard to show literally every single fan of the brand that he’s the guy who controls what gets released...I mean look no further than what he did with the Foamposite line...

As far as why he’s where he is...He brought Nike big numbers with shoddy materials and designs for a decade plus...Logically it was good timing for him to be the on the position he was in because sneakers were starting to take off and success would have fallen on whoever happened to be steering the ship at the time...In the mind of his higher ups however, and I’m absolutely positive his own mind, HE’S one of the reasons sneakers took off...

Nike lost ground to Adidas, got shook that their market share wasn’t as high as it once was, and ultimately sent the guy back to their bread and butter devision at JB...The guy they perceived to be the reason Retro Jordan’s became a huge success...

They seriously think we're about to get fooled again. Like its been long enough to forget what things were like before 2015. Nike seriously thinks we're stupid lol

I guess we're about to find out.

We have approached the ultimate fork in the road gentlemen. Who's passing?

Whatever man... I have Remastered Chicago’s and Concords. Gentry can’t do anything to top those two anyway (unless he releases those exact Concords w/ 23 :wink: ... which he won’t!). Money saved for the foreseeable future!

Back
Top Bottom