Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

Imagine going to McDonald’s for 20 years, expecting Ruth’s Chris every time, being disappointed every time, and instead of eating somewhere else you continue eating there while harassing people who are okay with McDonald’s. Straight insanity.

To be clear, I’m not saying to buy or accept everything JB puts out. And Gentry is straight trash, I dislike him immensely. But Tony hates EVERYTHING JB puts out. Concord 11s. Bred 11s. Infrared 6s. These 3s with the new shape. I don’t think there’s a single sneaker he’s happy with, so what’s the point?

Welp

Just got my two pairs in....

8CB11B85-1B7B-415B-9B1F-774306AC36D6.jpeg 1D268A70-D221-496C-A3EC-4E4B6F9A2D67.jpeg

Wasnt able to match a decent pair up. And the trash leather everywhere on it makes me not want to bother. I thought i had an ok match but a last second tongue glance shot it all down.

These shoes are horrible. Even at a discount the materials are straight wtf. Nah man. Im out.

What a f ing let down. Im about done with this jordan clown s***. How hard is it to make a shoe? They act like they just started up 2 months ago.

And this ‘leather’. Wheres the 200 at in this? Why am i knocking on my shoes right now? lol

Why does gentry think people are going to put up with this? I wouldnt be surprised if they end up choking on 70% of this stock. Absolute trash.

Shape is cool though so theyll blame the fail on that for sure.
I agree with everything here. I was going to double up, but only keeping one bcuz of the color way and better shape. The synthetic leather turns me off tho.

To compare any retro now to greater year retros is a bit unfair. IMO, it's only fair to compare retros with other modern retros. If the best modern retro is considered to be...let's say, shattered backboard 1s and the worst of them would be...the last true blue 3 retro. This red cement would be much closer to sbbs than it would be to the worst retro. IMO

My only complaint about this red cement retro is that they didn't execute the shape one retro earlier (black/cement).

Oan, doubled up on nike Air. Might grab chi down the line...but I had a twice removed swoosh hookup that came thru. Couldn't pass up 130 shipped

they aren’t for you lol. They aren’t targeting quality snobs or limited release only buyers. They target the dudes who see you in the heat then cop the pair that looks like it because u made them cool or Travis Scott made them want something like that. Mid 1s and mass Grs move because OW 1s OG colarway 1s and celebs who wear heat makes them desirable to the masses. If they didn’t move, numbers and releases would decrease even if they are sitting, yet that’s not the case.
This is so depressingly spot on and lame i dont even know what to think right now. The mids arent doing anyone any favors.

200 dollars really should get you full grain leather though. Thats just common decency.

Its like all of the problems i see are what they desire and all of the solutions counteract them. Like if they didnt make so many trash new models and colorways theyd have more resources and time to make the obvious desireable products better all around but theyre hell bent on spreading themselves too thin. They need to downsize but they think the opposite and im betting it hurts them innthe long run. Michael Jordan should have more self respect than what this has all become.

It should be a niche high quality product that holds a certain mystique. Now its sam’s choice soda pop. Its a shame

Imagine going to McDonald’s for 20 years, expecting Ruth’s Chris every time, being disappointed every time, and instead of eating somewhere else you continue eating there while harassing people who are okay with McDonald’s. Straight insanity.

To be clear, I’m not saying to buy or accept everything JB puts out. And Gentry is straight trash, I dislike him immensely. But Tony hates EVERYTHING JB puts out. Concord 11s. Bred 11s. Infrared 6s. These 3s with the new shape. I don’t think there’s a single sneaker he’s happy with, so what’s the point?
Who’s harrassing who again?

Whats the point in asking me what the point is if you refuse to see the point im making like you have something at stake here? Talking to Niketalk and for Niketalk like youre the end all be all voice of reason. That ****’s weird dude. Its almost like youre trying to trash my character in order to protect the brand and potential customers from my comments but what do i know?

Imagine trying to use my words against me but completely missing the point of the comment because youre so eager to get personal with it and talk more ****

Last edited:
Who’s harrassing who again?

Whats the point in asking me what the point is if you refuse to see the point im making like you have something at stake here? Talking to Niketalk and for Niketalk like youre the end all be all voice of reason. That ****’s weird dude. Its almost like youre trying to trash my character in order to protect the brand and potential customers from my comments but what do i know?

Imagine trying to use my words against me but completely missing the point of the comment because youre so eager to get personal with it and talk more ****
You need to learn to ignore T. He’s NQR.

This is so depressingly spot on and lame i dont even know what to think right now. The mids arent doing anyone any favors.

200 dollars really should get you full grain leather though. Thats just common decency.

Its like all of the problems i see are what they desire and all of the solutions counteract them. Like if they didnt make so many trash new models and colorways theyd have more resources and time to make the obvious desireable products better all around but theyre hell bent on spreading themselves too thin. They need to downsize but they think the opposite and im betting it hurts them innthe long run. Michael Jordan should have more self respect than what this has all become.

It should be a niche high quality product that holds a certain mystique. Now its sam’s choice soda pop. Its a shame

We get that u value Jordan brand more than the ppl running it., most of us here do. Yet the ppl running it have investors and a bottom line. I can’t see them scaling back and trying to regroup if the brand is still hot. 99 launched the retro initiative and it was lucrative and remained that way since. They retroed a few pairs in 94 but 99 was the year, and they never looked back. All they’ve done was ramp up production and make more money. Retro quality was dope for 6 years, trash for 9 years, now we’re getting better but the price has also went up along with the gimmicks. Jordans are associated with the man and his game but Jordan isn’t the nicest person off the court and the check cashes to this day. So I don’t see him asking to have his name taken off. He didn’t do that when ppl were dying over jordans, when the quality was trash, when everyone switched to dunks and high end shoes( which helped me build my HS Jordan collection) or now when the hype and fake backstories behind releases are disgusting. Your holding them to a standard they don’t hold themselves to. It’s like loving strippers but wanting them to act more wholesome, their for everybody at this point.

Thread derailed lol...but this isn’t even a debate. A guy like me will grab my pair, rock em, and never think anything different. Complainers have helped change things at JB many times and it’s appreciated bc I honestly don’t know what I’m lookin at.

Y’all failed with that airship petition and the high cut OG 1 tho. Just gave JB another way to honeydick us lol

Thread derailed lol...but this isn’t even a debate. A guy like me will grab my pair, rock em, and never think anything different. Complainers have helped change things at JB many times and it’s appreciated bc I honestly don’t know what I’m lookin at.

Y’all failed with that airship petition and the high cut OG 1 tho. Just gave JB another way to honeydick us lol

JB is building hype to eventually whor3 out the Air Ship model. They learned from their Legacy 312 debacle so they’re going to slowly phase the Ships in instead of dropping tons of cws at once before hype is there.

Need those Iverson 5s, easily my fav shoe to hoop in for years. Waiting to find them on sale.

The NA Red is way below retail already. I think Nike will get the message on the QC on these.

Back
Top Bottom