What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
All these originals were designed to be on the court, offer support real support for obviously basketball, they were built that way with love and care, retros now are made for walking around and stunting in a mall...
The exaggerated and dynamic sharp lines of the originals is their character what makes them so iconic and untouchable they don’t look like that today, these are a crude shell of what kept Michael Jordan with Nike

All IMO

But if most people nowadays use these shoes casually, instead of playing basketball, wouldn't it make sense that Nike made changes to reflect that? I'm not saying I particularly like the changes, but I can understand them and reluctantly accept them.

But if most people nowadays use these shoes casually, instead of playing basketball, wouldn't it make sense that Nike made changes to reflect that? I'm not saying I particularly like the changes, but I can understand them and reluctantly accept them.

For sure, I’m just bitter lol, everyone who has these I hope they enjoy them

I wasn't around for the original 1988 run of the Jordan 3's (or the original run of any Jordan's at all unfortunately) so I'm more than content with the 2018 Black Cement's. To me, the """remaster""" initiative is great because it gives me the chance to own OG colorway Jordan's decently close to their original release counterparts (sometimes really close like with the 2016 Black Metallics). Though I'd love more than anything for these to have the great leather, shape, comfort, and low EP like the 1988's did, the current retro will have to do. Yes, we shouldn't have to settle for less, but these are as close as I'll get to the OG's until they HOPEFULLY one day bring back original molds and quality.
20180517_123628.jpg

So, is there an effective way to voice these legitimate gripes to Nike? I'm all for pushing Nike to improve their product, but don't think we're getting much done complaining on here.

I've actually enjoyed the last few pages that included pictures of the OGs and specific critiques of the shoe.

Last edited:
Only point I’m trying to make is what ever shape came out first is “best” no matter what shape it is. Switch them around and see how many people would be crying about the orginal shape. It’s a handful of Orginals that I think the shape is better, just not the 3s.
I understand what you're saying and agree with this. For me the 01 retro 11 is better than the higher cut OG. I had plenty of OGs I ran through and in most cases prefer the cut of the OG but the 11 is an exception.

I envy the ones who know and still don’t care, it’s hard being super specific lol, but that’s also just who I am, jays especially the AJ3 has to meet a certain criteria of my liking just the way it is... the younger people who don’t really know at all older model differences is what it is I get that... but the wait will continue for me, I’m of the camp if their not right and don’t make me feel a certain way it’s a pass, no matter the model or cw and again that’s tough lol, because I want the shoe too but just can’t do it there’s just no way possible

I like the 1994 shape the best i don’t care that i want around in 88, because then I’d only be going off nostalgia which is bias. The 1994 improved the shape. The OG 3 shape is probably the worst out of the Original set.

I like the 1994 shape the best i don’t care that i want around in 88, because then I’d only be going off nostalgia which is bias. The 1994 improved the shape. The OG 3 shape is probably the worst out of the Original set.

To each his own, definitely not bias for me because as I’ve said IMO the original is what was intended and by far the most iconic, simply put you can’t touch the originals, at all, IMO... the 94 is nice though but it will never make sense to me how you can “improve” on the original intended design

To each his own, definitely not bias for me because as I’ve said IMO the original is what was intended and by far the most iconic, simply put you can’t touch the originals, at all, IMO... the 94 is nice though but it will never make sense to me how you can “improve” on the original intended design
That’s pretty narrow minded to be honest.
Things can be improved from the original. The original lays the foundation.

Not saying that any iteration of the 3s are better than the other. Just saying the OG CAN be improved.

That’s pretty narrow minded to be honest.
Things can be improved from the original. The original lays the foundation.

Not saying that any iteration of the 3s are better than the other. Just saying the OG CAN be improved.

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you your wrong and I’m right or something just how my feelings are with originals especially those first early ones especially again Tinker’s first Air Jordan I can’t make my mind think “improve” on anything with those... leather, shape whatever it may be some find “adjustments” better I can live with that no one has to think like me but I sure can’t

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you your wrong and I’m right or something just how my feelings are with originals especially those first early ones especially again Tinker’s first Air Jordan I can’t make my mind think “improve” on anything with those... leather, shape whatever it may be some find “adjustments” better I can live with that no one has to think like me but I sure can’t
An example is the Jordan 8. It wasn’t breathable and I believe it gave Jordan athletes foot.
That design isn’t perfect in any form but could be improved.

An example is the Jordan 8. It wasn’t breathable and I believe it gave Jordan athletes foot.
That design isn’t perfect in any form but could be improved.

From that aspect sure, good point on those performance-wise and yes the 8 is an oven, but I can’t imagine the original 8 any other way at the same time lol, know that’s contradicting but that shoe, hell all of 1-14 is so untouchable, some to varying degrees or whatever some may hate some of those and that’s fine too... but damn those were up to that point the evolution of the 7 it’s almost that shoe just with straps SO striking especially in its day and wild looking when you saw them for the first time either on his foot or in store... I’m being long winded my bad, that is a valid point you made

The original 3s had a jacked up tongue. That was really the only problem with them. So yes they could be improved but I don’t think the 94s were an overall improvement although the tongue was better.

I will say though, the changes didn’t ruin the shoe in any way in 94. It was close enough and there were actual improvements and not just a cheapening of the model. If we could get retros like that now I don’t think people would complain.

From that aspect sure, good point on those performance-wise and yes the 8 is an oven, but I can’t imagine the original 8 any other way at the same time lol, know that’s contradicting but that shoe, hell all of 1-14 is so untouchable, some to varying degrees or whatever some may hate some of those and that’s fine too... but damn those were up to that point the evolution of the 7 it’s almost that shoe just with straps SO striking especially in its day and wild looking when you saw them for the first time either on his foot or in store... I’m being long winded my bad, that is a valid point you made
They gonna sell us cut toe 8s so we can be true to the OG

Or was that the 6? :lol:

To be clear I wouldn’t know performance driven aspects of anything originally pre-5, my first pair ever and it was GS because I was only 7 years old... so people with further back knowledge than myself on actually wearing men’s 2-6 I can’t comment on and don’t want to be hypocritical... it’s nostalgia and pure aesthetics for me on those simply couldn’t speak on any engineering flaws

I can only speak for myself, obviously: I want the OG shape and materials because they are by far the best to me. I don't want them because of nostalgia or "bias." The only reason I'm "biased" (which is really the wrong word here, anyway) toward the OG is because it looks and feels better than the retros. Which is certainly just an opinion, I grant you. But as someone who was there when they existed and who has seen them on feet in real life and held them in my own little hands, I know I much prefer the look of them to any version since. The nostalgia factor would just be a bonus. Hell, you get the nostalgia factor with the current retros, anyway.

The 2018 is not an original. But, can we look at what it did give us? The Nike Air of course in the correct font btw, 94s didn't get that right. Grey color cracking in the EP not black. Nike on the outsole. Single stitching around the back EP, not double stitching. Nike Hang tag. And color. Correct looking box. And to me imo the shape of the shoe sits lower than past retros which I think is close to the original. I will take these over the 94, 01, 08, and 11 versions. True 88s are perfect to me also. But this release, at least to me was great.

Back
Top Bottom