• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
IMG_4849.JPG
TB3s are my favorite 3s. I know that's rare to hear.

BC 3 was def not an instant sell out EVERY time it dropped . I’m not sure on 2001 but they sat some places in Maryland even when sold separate of the 20s. I know they went in 2011, but it wasn’t crazy.

I feel the brunt of contemporary 3s hype(not the from OGs before y’all comment y’alls MJ stories) came after the 2011 drop when certain celebrities helped popularize them even more than before

2011 was crazy where I'm at

That was black Friday

The early 2000s retros ...3..4..5..6

They didn't sell out day 1 or have lines...but they were gone in a week. Sometimes quicker.

There was a line for the Concords tho

Sometimes it’s funny watching people claim certain shoes have been at peak hype forever. I do believe that these will go fast even as a GR. February, Tax Time, first hype OG to return in a while, Nike Air, AND you “save” $20 this time?

12s in my opinion are pretty close. I've only had 97 playoffs but from what I can tell, they keep shape and materials pretty consistent.

There's a difference.

And the materials have varied. The last series of retroes were good as far as quality.

BC 3 was def not an instant sell out EVERY time it dropped . I’m not sure on 2001 but they sat some places in Maryland even when sold separate of the 20s. I know they went in 2011, but it wasn’t crazy.

I feel the brunt of contemporary 3s hype(not the from OGs before y’all comment y’alls MJ stories) came after the 2011 drop when certain celebrities helped popularize them even more than before

The 2011 release is where the sell outs started. At least that's how it was here in Cincy. A few weeks later, when the Concords dropped, that REALLY started the madness. It was chaos in every major city, in the US.

:lol:

09 Space Jams and up from what I remember. Not sure if the FTLOTG 7s and the Cherry/Flu Games were before or afterwards but those sold too.

FTLOTG 7s sold out, both 12s rotted on the shelves, especially the cherrys. That's why I argue that Concord was the starting point, literally EVERYTHING sold out after that. There was still a few sitter between after the Space Jam and Cool Grey release.
The 7s were limited. Infrared pack sold because it was kinda limited. 11s been jewels since the jump.

Most releases sat till after Concord 2011. That is just pure fact. Space Jam didn’t even technically start 11 hype, the CDP did. 11/12 sold out the quickest of all CDP

Yes, but was it chaos in every city, like it was for the Concords? I think not. I mean the hype was so bad after that, the Chicago 10's that dropped the next month, sold tf out completely. There was no GS/toddler sizes, or nothing.

Last edited:
I’m just glad JB is dropping a bunch of stuff from pre 2011 again. Hate 1s came back 2 years ago, OG Spizike releasing with better midsole paint, I’m just waiting on the motorsport 6.

And besides the midsole, was the 2011 quality that bad? I had the white Cement for about 8 months before selling and the leather wasn’t that bad

It was def the concords. After Space Jams you still had releases not instantly selling out. My girl at the time walked into footaction and got me a pair of BC3's a cool 2 weeks after release. The Concords onward however was insane. Yeezy 2's and Military Blue 4's dropped the same day and I got my hands on some Solars but struck out on MB 4's and paid resell :sick:

The sj 09 made the news and i thought damn hype :lol:

Concords were crazy online. I think i still have screenshot of the timed out nike site is down. I clicked like crazy and got my 11.5 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom