What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Not gon lie bro...OG shape was terrible.

94BA3D9D-603A-4A5F-935C-2FE5A73F9228.png

8AB145CA-4533-42ED-AF69-26734F2272DA.png

The photo that was shared of the OG was a pair that had crumbled and the shoe was stuffed to look like that. This is what the OG’s looked like on foot. That shape is better than the 94 & 01 pairs. Anything that came after 01 (Jumpman on the heel) was straight trash.

I appreciate your guys' love for the OGs. I love shoes/style from the 80s/90s so I get where y'all are coming from with wanting things to be true to the OG and placing the OG shape above all no matter what.

But I don't think OG equates to better in every case and in this case, I prefer the puffy red sock liner, I like the shape of the 2018s, I'm fine with the EP.

This is also coming from someone who's never owned a 3 so I'm just happy if I secure a pair. To each his own. Enjoy this release.

I'm probably older than most in this thread and remember the OGs vividly but some of the complaints in here are laughable.

Only thing I think that really stands out is the EP height being better on the OGs. Shape isn't that big of a deal to me.

The height of the EP is probably the last thing that disappoints me. It’s the incorrect shade of gray and the overly thick “wrinkles” that mostly throw it off. And overall, the shape of the shoe is goofy and not just the toe box. Softness is another big factor. Any one little difference isn’t a big deal, but several differences add up.
Trust me, you can’t just go off of old photos, either. If you held a new pair of OGs in real life, you’d understand how much different every modern version has been. I’m not trying to be old and cranky. It’s that with the IIIs in particular, the things that made the shoe so bananas in the first place have been eradicated to a disappointing degree. Far more so than, say, lower PL cut on the XIs. Oh well, it’s not that serious. But because I know what this shoe was, I’m bummed. Again. Which is why I will not buy this latest retro. It’s not really a III to me.

6D217A36-CF09-4F25-A9F4-E4767268509B.jpeg
I get the OG heads want it as close to OG as possible.

Maybe one day we will get what’s in the picture. Maybe. Until then those who don’t believe they are 3’s continue not buying them.

Only problem is the guys that feel that way only represent a small percentage of the world.

The new release will sell out.

Even the 94 is completely different than the Og. No retro 3 has the low EP, bullet shape, or hidden tongue liner.

Dude...thanks for the picture. Obviously the OG has very low EP and no retro since then has been that low. I’ll give that. But are you trying to say that these 18s look on par with the 94? The Ep on the 18 is way higher and way more exaggerated at the toe box than even the 94. Your not blind, you can see the 18 is clearly way more bulkier at the toe box than the 94. So nice try but that picture proves or says nothing in regards to to issue at hand. Do you seriously think that if these 18s looked like the 94 this many folks would be complaining? I for one definitely would’nt and I’m sure most others wouldn’t either. To bad that’s not the case tho. They went all out with the ******ed Ep height and bulky toe box on this 2018 version. Facts.

If they made the toe elephant print this high .. lmao
4734394897_a32d49054d_m.jpg

Sadly some dudes in here would love them. They’d pay resell for them if need be and they’d tell anyone who opposes the look that they’re crying and to “stop complaining”. 18 version is not to far off from this honestly. Some dudes would be happy to buy these in 2023.

Dude...thanks for the picture. Obviously the OG has very low EP and no retro since then has been that low. I’ll give that. But are you trying to say that these 18s look on par with the 94? The Ep on the 18 is way higher and way more exaggerated at the toe box than even the 94. Your not blind, you can see the 18 is clearly way more bulkier at the toe box than the 94. So nice try but that picture proves or says nothing in regards to to issue at hand. Do you seriously think that if these 18s looked like the 94 this many folks would be complaining? I for one definitely would’nt and I’m sure most others wouldn’t either. To bad that’s not the case tho. They went all out with the ******ed Ep height and bulky toe box on this 2018 version. Facts.
I’m not sure where i said the 18 looks like 94. I’m just saying that not even the most beloved retro 3, which is the 94 has the og shape. 18 pair is bad but it’ll have some good pairs and some bad pairs just like the blue 3. Just hope that you get a good pair and can swap in store if possible.

I’m usually apart of the critique crowd but at this point, don’t cop if you don’t like. Some of y’all are more than disagreeing, y’all are attacking the humanity of those who aren’t as furious about these are you are.

Top pair looks good bottom pair doesn’t. It’ll be luck of the draw
AD88811B-FA91-4B2B-8142-525F6954DE51.jpeg

6D217A36-CF09-4F25-A9F4-E4767268509B.jpeg
I get the OG heads want it as close to OG as possible.

Maybe one day we will get what’s in the picture. Maybe. Until then those who don’t believe they are 3’s continue not buying them.

Only problem is the guys that feel that way only represent a small percentage of the world.

The new release will sell out.

I’ve no doubt these will sell out. For me, it’s beside the point. I know my choice to not buy them will have no impact on the bottom line. That doesn’t change or impact my—and others’—disappointment with what Nike and Brand Jordan are putting out. And I certainly won’t stop voicing my opinion about it. I too used to think it was futile to complain, but we’ve actually seen in recent years that it can make a difference. Rarely, but it has happened. Until then, RIP Air Jordan III.

Back
Top Bottom