What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Did someone at JB think since we wanted higher pl on 11s that we would surely also want higher ep on 3s? Sure seems that way. Let’s face it, if these shoes release as is, which they will, then I’d have to say that this release is a major let down and epic fail. I’m sorry, I know some in here don’t want to hear anything negative about this shoe cause your copping anyway but man this blows. Wanted to be excited about these but now it’s just buying a shoe solely for one reason, NA on the back. Feeling played. In for one stupid pair.

I want them but I am on the fence. I have been staying away from most JB because of the crap quality and price increases but I kind of want these. I always loved these shoes but after wearing alot of other more comfortable Nike and Adidas I'm not sure I want to go back to hard cardboard.

NT is showing its age, and maybe that's just what happens. After all (in this case) it's been 30 years since the original 3 was out and most OG heads are gone..

This used to be the place everyone came to to critique JB's efforts, praise JB when needed and blast JB when they took shortcuts. This forum's comments even had influence on the brand - we know that. We may not be the jury (buying public) but we damn sure can be the judge of quality control.

This place we all love is a shoe community filled with people who care about shoes, and especially care about shoes that cost over $200 and are labeled as remastered retros of the original @%*$ Mike used to rock. Quite frankly, with Jordan Brand we had standards.

In many ways those standards are still here - but it's moved to "stop crying and leave" far too much. I highly doubt anyone is really crying themselves to sleep over the latest JB quality issues, and sure a lot of people are going to buy anyway because close is better than nothing....but it's very fair to come here, Niketalk Jordan Brand forum, and pour over new photos of these releases and comment on what they think JB got wrong and what they got right. That's the point of being here. That's even dare I say the fun of it.

Why arent we're entitled to voice our displeasure and still buy them? Short of restoring a pair we have no other alternative if we love these shoes but are also unhappy with JB. If the toebox and EP suck I'll buy one pair vs more which is my way however insignificant of saying do better.

And they look different then the originals so its not like this is made up complaining. I couldnt remember minor details how my Jordans looked back in the day now so yes without the internet Id be in the dark. But the reality is it does, we have pictures, and arent satisfied.

NT is showing its age, and maybe that's just what happens. After all (in this case) it's been 30 years since the original 3 was out and most OG heads are gone..

This used to be the place everyone came to to critique JB's efforts, praise JB when needed and blast JB when they took shortcuts. This forum's comments even had influence on the brand - we know that. We may not be the jury (buying public) but we damn sure can be the judge of quality control.

This place we all love is a shoe community filled with people who care about shoes, and especially care about shoes that cost over $200 and are labeled as remastered retros of the original @%*$ Mike used to rock. Quite frankly, with Jordan Brand we had standards.

In many ways those standards are still here - but it's moved to "stop crying and leave" far too much. I highly doubt anyone is really crying themselves to sleep over the latest JB quality issues, and sure a lot of people are going to buy anyway because close is better than nothing....but it's very fair to come here, Niketalk Jordan Brand forum, and pour over new photos of these releases and comment on what they think JB got wrong and what they got right. That's the point of being here. That's even dare I say the fun of it.
This.

Nothing wrong with people criticizing JB, because they clearly take shortcuts. The only thing I hope is that people are self-aware enough to realize that if they are criticizing the shoe and still buying it they are the problem.

They are justifying JB in their decision to give a subpar product. If I'm JB what's my motivation to make a better shoe? The shoes will sell out either way so if I can make even more $$$ by saving on materials why wouldn't I? If they go like the TBs and you have to sell them for $170 you still make +$150 profit on each pair. there is no losing here.

Nothing wrong with people criticizing JB, because they clearly take shortcuts. The only thing I hope is that people are self-aware enough to realize that if they are criticizing the shoe and still buying it they are the problem.

They are justifying JB in their decision to give a subpar product. If I'm JB what's my motivation to make a better shoe? The shoes will sell out either way so if I can make even more $$$ by saving on materials why wouldn't I? If they go like the TBs and you have to sell them for $170 you still make +$150 profit on each pair. there is no losing here.

All this right here.

Nothing wrong with complaining at all. I was really excited for the TB3s and didn't end up keeping a single pair because the quality issue most important to me (comfort/quality of materials) just wasn't executed properly. I think that people sometimes have an issue with the tone of the critiques. They're just shoes, at the end of the day, and people sometimes go a little too hard on the complaints.

That said, as long as the leather is good on these and the toebox doesn't kill my toes like other recent 3s, I'm in for a pair.

636x357.gif.1973c3e19d47470b9ec9f492c8b1887c

Well said! I appreciate the discussion. I've never owned a pair of BC3s, and looking forward to these. I think they'll be good enough. I hope the leather quality is decent. My Wolf Greys, Infrared, and FR all have pretty crappy pleather, but they look great, and I enjoy wearing them for what they are (nostalgic silhouette). Would be nice if they used Cyber Monday quality leather, and I'd like to hear someone at Nike explain whey they don't, and why they don't remaster the shape. I do think the OG slant may not be as comfortable, however, they do the right shape on the Flight '89s (compared to the retro 4s...same overall shoe); so why does it fly on those but not the 4s?

Ironically, I never liked 3s. When I got my WC4s in '89, and some guys at school still had their 3s, I thought they were trash compared to the 4s, which looked so awesome. 30 years later, I've grown to like them; not even sure why ;-). I'll get a pair of these if I can, and enjoy wearing them. That said, quality and shape just aren't awesome for me to get the WC3 (when they re-release) given that the colorway is so similar to the Infrared 3s, which I would argue actually look better. If quality was amazing, sure, I'd buy the WC3s too. Anyway, keep the discussion going, and "be nice and respectful", and enjoy the community. My friends/family couldn't give a crap about shoes, so there's really nowhere else to discuss at this level of detail!

Back
Top Bottom