Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Haven’t kept up but why in the heck did they rename these from Grapes to Fresh Prince? I’m aware that he wore them on the TV show but I thought they already dropped a Fresh Prince/Bel Air 5 a few years ago

Edit: wth, I just realized these things are laceless. Terrible

With them releasing these, I wouldn't be surprised if we DON'T get an OG Grape V release when they inevitably celebrate the anniversary of the V in 2020. Watch us get every other OG but the Grapes.
That’s likely going to happen. This isn’t 2011 to 2014 where they drop every OG 3-6 in the same year

I snagged a pair of 2013s clean and for the low off ebay that came in over the weekend. I had a pair a half size too small a couple of years ago. Man I forgot how bad Jordan's were in 2013, these joints got a steel toe. Hoping to snag a pair of these new ones, I'm not even that mad at the laceless because I always struggled to figure out how I wanted to arrange the laces/lacelock.

Last edited:
Hit on these with SNS, got the confirmation email just now the charge was there this morning. Might have hit twice, waiting for my girls account to see.

These look like they continuously slide off the heal of your foot for some reason. There's no way to adjust and lock them down. This is definitely a collector's shoes. I wouldn't wear them anywhere that requires a fair amount of walking.

Took an L here in the Philippines but people in my local group already trying to get rid of them even though its just confirmation mail/text yet so still think everyone who want them can get em.

These look like they continuously slide off the heal of your foot for some reason. There's no way to adjust and lock them down. This is definitely a collector's shoes. I wouldn't wear them anywhere that requires a fair amount of walking.

I would believe that to be true if the shoe you get isn't the correct size to begin with. Never had a problem with heel slip and I never tie laces on any shoe except for dress shoes that have to be tied. Always either tucked or loose hanging out. BTW, they locked the tongue down on these, it will fit more like a true slip on, most slip on shoes are meant not to slip if worn properly.

I hit on sns raffle too. I don't mind the laceless version at all. Thats how will wore them in the show so I like that detail

In my opinion jordan brand should've made these with lace holes and just put the laces on the side so we can have the option to wear them with or without laces. I might cop if I can find someone to properly punch holes in them.

Reactions: ARK

They wear test I wanna say every shoe that is released, doubt it will slip

Then again this is JB so we'll see lol

did you know that 5s have an elastic strap that hold the tongue to your feet?

I would believe that to be true if the shoe you get isn't the correct size to begin with. Never had a problem with heel slip and I never tie laces on any shoe except for dress shoes that have to be tied. Always either tucked or loose hanging out. BTW, they locked the tongue down on these, it will fit more like a true slip on, most slip on shoes are meant not to slip if worn properly.

This isn't a true slip on or loafer. This isn't even a Chelsea boot. Man look at the tongue. Remember it's heavily padded. It flexes and compresses. Your foot is good to shift because of the instep and height of the shoe...not the length.

did you know that 5s have an elastic strap that hold the tongue to your feet?
I've got more 5s than I can count. I'm totally aware. I'm also aware that those straps are meant to flex as you step. The laces hold you intact....except these don't have that. Anyways good luck to you fellas on the purchase.

Looks these will be easy for those that want em.

Screenshot_20180924-115540_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom