Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

5921E1FF-3239-4FC6-8DEE-0CB355754E82.jpeg

Went ahead and secured my pair on Stockx.
This is a tier 0 release and I have no boutiques near me. My luck online has been laughable at best

How’s the box looking? I feel like some of ya gonna flip come release date. :rofl:
I'm super curious about the box too. I feel like it might be dope (though I couldn't care less about a box really since I'm not wearing the box). I know a lot of people are out just based on the fact that they don't have laces, but the shape does look pretty good on these. I'm looking forward to these!

This release to me, is a collector piece at this point. Gimmick all over it. I still hope you all that want it, get it. Always been a Will/Prince fan. Making laces not an option just is not right though. But if it works for you, good luck..

Reactions: ARK
Definitely a collectors shoe. Cool insoles, the “west philly” detail, possibly a cool looking box. But would never wear em...

Be past 15 and wear b-ball shoes without shoe laces brehs.

I really ******* want these but I got a daughter I can’t be setting bad examples and stuff XD

:smh: JB on that 69 TROLL level with this garbage. Rather than releasing a OG, they go and do this clown ish. Like many of you said, straight gimmick, which a bunch of their shoes been lately. No wonder this brand is turning into a laughing stock while Yeezy's jumping over Jumpman (and i don't even LIKE the Yeezys smh).

I love slip on shoes. My everyday office dress shoes have no laces, but I need a shoe horn to slip them on. I always try to set up the lacing on Js so that I can slip them on. With 5s, I use the lace locks and keep the laces loose so I don't have to tie them. The problem on these FP 5s is that it looks weird with the tongue exposed liek that. It looks like there's something missing. I think it would have looked better if they would have even put some fake laces or just left the laces on.

I love slip on shoes. My everyday office dress shoes have no laces, but I need a shoe horn to slip them on. I always try to set up the lacing on Js so that I can slip them on. With 5s, I use the lace locks and keep the laces loose so I don't have to tie them. The problem on these FP 5s is that it looks weird with the tongue exposed liek that. It looks like there's something missing. I think it would have looked better if they would have even put some fake laces or just left the laces on.

It's really no different than those laceless Chuck Taylor's.

I just worry about the plastic part yellowing on the tongue.

What would make this different than any other slip on shoe? It’s not as if the tongue is going to be flopping around.
What makes it different is it’s a b-ball shoe not a slip on. It’s meant to have laces for support and it has a huge tongue.

Back
Top Bottom